Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201376 times)

TheoK

Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #4170 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
How come the personnel at Systembolaget think that I'm under 20 even when I have a beard but teenage girls do not?  :-\

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4171 on: October 06, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »
How come the personnel at Systembolaget think that I'm under 20 even when I have a beard but teenage girls do not?  :-\

Because you have a sweet baby face.

;)

TheoK

« Reply #4172 on: October 06, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »
 :agreed:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4173 on: October 07, 2012, 02:40:52 AM »

:hahaha:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4174 on: October 07, 2012, 06:25:17 AM »

The personnel just wants to either tease you, or give you the feeling that you still look young.

And the teens, well, they have a nose for that, you don't smell like a teenage boy any more.

Just your luck.  >:D
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4175 on: October 07, 2012, 06:32:01 AM »
Valerian works in a similar way to rx sedative/antianxiety drugs, although at a different binding site on the GABAa receptor complex, but its no knockout or heavy duty stuff, pretty gentle, and I don't see it being addictive.

Another option is lemon balm tea, chamomile tea again is another (although I don't like chamomile tea myself, I don't like the taste. The balm on the other hand, is delicious,. sweetened with honey. You can probably buy it online dried, although fresh is best of all.

I'd grab some seeds too, it is REALLY easy to grow.One of the mint family, they grow fast, my tiny plants I'd begged from the daughter of somebody who planted a public herb garden took off like a rocket, now several feet tall, big busy things.

It isn't really a sedative, but good for soothing frazzled nerves, and has a relaxing effect. Chamomile tea especially is even ok for kids.

Hope some of this helps you miss K.
Yeah I've used chamomile for years. The oldest likes it as well. I'll have to look into growing some.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4176 on: October 07, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
AFAIK, its pretty easy to grow. Balm, that is REALLY easy. I really should get round to weeding that bit of the garden soon, once I get those steroid shots done and get my new rx on wednesday (assuming the pain clinic don't do something first that is) and bending is easier. Even being generally neglected it bushes out like crazy. Tastes a whole lot nicer than chamomile too IMO, especially with honey to sweeten, its really refreshing.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4177 on: October 07, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
I fucking hate myself! :finger:

I don't know you, but even with that being the case I can tell that you have less to hate in yourself than at least 4 other members of this site.  That's SOMETHING at least.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4178 on: October 07, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »
I fucking hate myself! :finger:
I don't think you are hate worthy.  I don't know you very well but my impression of you is so very far away from anything hateful.  You always speak with great passion about your kids and from this i conclude you to be a great Dad.  Even if that is all you ever aspire to be (and i am sure there is much more to you than that) then you still have much to be proud of.  You are very likeable so cheer up :)

I am thinking about my bum.  It was felt, quite recently, and a comment was made about me still being young.  After further questioning i discovered that women of a certain age eventually get a saggy one.   :o   So, despite being assured i still have a pert bottom, i am facing impending saggyness.   :(

Not a nice thought.  I have found myself no longer simply sitting down, but instead i 'perch' on the chair typing this in a vain attempt at preserving pertness.  ::)

You should take lots of pictures so you are always reminded what it was like back before the sagging set in.  Just to be safe, you should probably store those photos online where they can't be lost.  A thread in the elder's forum is probably your best bet.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4179 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:49 PM »
Her....

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4180 on: October 13, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »
My team won the Labour Party quiz night

Christ. I need a cooler social life

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4181 on: October 14, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »
Yeah. Imagine what fun you'd have if the quiz had been some right-wing extremist group's. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4182 on: October 14, 2012, 03:38:27 AM »
I wish my leg would stop hurting.  It's a bugger in the mornings, but it pretty much hurts all day long.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4183 on: October 14, 2012, 03:41:54 AM »
Can I join your club, Peter?  I've got tiny electric prickles running up and down the back of my legs from trying to sleep at a 45 degree angle for the past 3 nights.  Evidently did my back in.

My thought for now:  Why can't you get to sleep before the sun comes up?  Even if  you skip the nightie-night meds, you shouldn't be up the entire night.  And now you're hungry.  Damn.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4184 on: October 14, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »
Wondering why I am so bloody stressed still.

- Albert Einstein