Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201391 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #3510 on: July 04, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »
The kitten I had pulled from my store has Feline Infectious Peritonitis. It's going to kill him so I think he'll be put down in the next few days. Just 9 weeks old.  :(
:hug: That sucks.
It does. It's the one side of rescue that I absolutely hate. The ones you can't save. he was put down this morning at 11am. Sigh.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3511 on: July 04, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
That's why I dunno if I could do that. major respect for you and others who do do it. I'd love the good side, but dunno if I could handle the sad times. I'd still give it a go, but I dunno. Must be fucking hard

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3512 on: July 04, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
The kitten I had pulled from my store has Feline Infectious Peritonitis. It's going to kill him so I think he'll be put down in the next few days. Just 9 weeks old.  :(
:hug: That sucks.
It does. It's the one side of rescue that I absolutely hate. The ones you can't save. he was put down this morning at 11am. Sigh.

So sorry.  At least he will not suffer anymore.  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3513 on: July 04, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »
  I'm thinking about Pink Lady apples, which are delicious AND filling!  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3514 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »
I don't feel like training the new people tomorrow.

Tell them that most grown-ups are housebroken already. :zoinks:

If any of them pee on the floor, they're getting the boot. :laugh:

:arrr: You must be strict with them!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #3515 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
Research (no link/radio discussion I followed a couple of minutes ago) has shown that people in Holland and Belgium (N.W. Europe/Europe) are more and more okay with folks being homosexual. It's just not an issue for a lot of people.. but but.. an opposite direction is also noticeable, quite remarkable, amongst young muslim males (mostly) nowadays. Debaters stayed vague about it but what does this say, I'm wondering now.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3516 on: July 05, 2012, 02:42:11 AM »
Research (no link/radio discussion I followed a couple of minutes ago) has shown that people in Holland and Belgium (N.W. Europe/Europe) are more and more okay with folks being homosexual. It's just not an issue for a lot of people.. but but.. an opposite direction is also noticeable, quite remarkable, amongst young muslim males (mostly) nowadays. Debaters stayed vague about it but what does this say, I'm wondering now.

What about young muslim females?  Are they fine with muff munching?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #3517 on: July 05, 2012, 04:00:25 AM »
^ Guy, there on show, said that female muslims have less of an issue with gay peops. Think that's probably true.

Been said (not in talkshow) that young muslim men do lurve to go anal with their girls though. Um, perhaps that's just a modern thing in general. Well, it's not my cuppa.. but hey..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3518 on: July 05, 2012, 10:13:51 AM »
I really gained a lot more respect for you Icequeen, knowing that you rescue cats. Not saying I had the opposite for you to begin with, but I am a big animal lover (lol, especially when cute Kanner's females are concerned...although having lost the love of my life, my soulmate (who actually started off as my stalker). The most delightful lady I have ever been lucky enough to have the privilege of knowing, and the most beautiful, foxy lass I have ever laid eyes on, I will never again be in a relationship, nobody can ever compare to her.  Well, there are a couple of women I would bee with, perhaps 3, one autie activist lass, this activist with Rett's, and a Kanner's autie girl who I have been in a relationship many years ago and I have never been able to stop thinking of; she met me at a paintball game, and introduced herself by pinning me up against a tree and eating my face. Got to know her name a bit afterwards :P

I don't date NTs, nothing against them at all, but I just don't find them sexually attractive. Girls on the spectrum, or MR girls only.

As for animals, I have taken in all sorts. A hedgehog named (of course, what else) sonic tha I had for a pet, a raven/rook that I took in after the poor wee mite got blasted out of a tree with a shotgun, another bird, a pigeon, not sure what happened to him/her, a slow worm (a kind of legless lizard, that looks like a small snake; a dog, named sasha, a dobermann/generic caning hybrid, and three homeless cat. I'll take in anything. I just can't bear to see an animal in distress or ill treated. I will go without food myself if I have to if it means a miserable animal has food and/or medical care end I have to go hungry. I even move snails off the middle of the street where they are likely to get squashed, and I refuse to put slug pellets on my gardening space.

What else am I thinking? I enjoyed my first ever driving lesson, although it came just after I got out of hospital, having been thrown into sudden adrenal storm thanks to having none of my adrenal blockers in there after having a myoclonic seizure, causing me to fall down, and my knee collapse; which made me fall down on the floor, smashing my head against a sharp wooden panel serving as a door to a cupboard I store lab glassware in that overflows both the Batcave itself, _ the drawers under my bed.

I sliced my face up, and the side of my head, as well as smashing my head against the wall repeatedly. My eyebrow is drooping over my eye, as well as suffering a bleed inside my nose, missed my eye itself by mere millimeters. I hate hospitals to begin with, massive overload is the certain result of being in one for anything but an X-ray, CT scan  on my knee/hip etc.  (can't have an MRI due to metalwork in my face.  And would they give me any pain relief whatsoever, despite the fact of my being in withdrawal from 120mg of oxycodone a day+ the occasional oral morphine (its OTC here in small doses although quite hard to find these days, many pharmacies no longer stock it :(. and I am quite partial to codeine syrup, and when pods are in season, and I can harvest my crops, opium poppy tea.

They could at the very least given me some IV morphine, never mind the fact that I could barely even walk thanks to my knee collapsing constantly, my hip pain (which makes the pain in my knee look like fun), and the fact that aside from having very little feeling in my leg past the knee other than neuropathic pain, which opioids do very, very little to treat, I was in the withdrawal from hell and a massive fuckoff overload. For fucks sake, I had to more or less fall on my hands and knees and beg like a dog for, over several days, an extra box of cereal, and cup of tea. every as scrap of food all that time is the following: 4 of those tiny little taster pack boxes of weetabix, a box of cornflakes that I stole when they weren't looking and when I was REALLY lucky, two cups of hot chocolate to dip them in and a glass of milk. I My bleeding mother of jesus was I starving hungry when I got out. Oh, and one of those tiny little pots of icecream that only seem to be served up in various institution type places, such as hospitals and prisons, that hold perhaps 2-3 spoonfuls at most, or one if one has a tablespoon.  Aside from managing to get 14x40mg oxycontin for free from them, that my regular GP overlooked and scripted me a further weeks supplly along with switching my adrenal blocker to clonidine from a much shorter acting, somewhat weaker one, which is a massive, massive improvement nothing good came of my hospital stay.

Had my first driving lesson today, having just got out of hospital not last night, but late the day before. First thing I ever did after shooting up a hefty dose of my spare oxys, was munch through a whole roast chicken, soaked in as much tabasco habanero sauce as I could cover it in, a whole watermelon, a pack of cheese slices, then a pack of korma spicy turkey chunks, again covered in the extra-hot tabasco sauce, likewise two pepperamis, covered in more of the same. A pepperoni pizza, another watermelon (no tabasco on that, as tempted as I was for a moment :P).

I'm still hungry. I am fairly certain there is a big tub of chocolate icecream in the freezer, another 2 packs of cheese slices in the fridge, along with a watermelon and a half, and two piel de sapo melons.

Time to go find more food, and have a shot of my last two oxycontin/and some of a deschloro N-ethyl-norketamine/methoxylated PCE hybrid mixed up together in the same syringe.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3519 on: July 05, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »

I'm sorry.  :(

Was it the wet form?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3520 on: July 05, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
...these new glasses frames feel weird.  :/
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3521 on: July 05, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »

Was it the wet form?
Yeah which is why it hit him so hard. It makes sense now. I saw him Wednesday morning and he was really sleepy, eyes a bit off....but he had just woken up from a nap and with the heat I didn't think anything of it right? Then Thursday evening one of my volunteers called my cell in a panic because he was completely limp. Ugh. It just went downhill so quickly. Got him to the vet Friday morning and the stupid volunteer driver brought him back to the store (which I didn't authorize her to do) and said "vet said he's fine." how can he be "fine" when I later found out he had a fever of 105 and was on prescription food and on antibiotics? She didn't tell ANYONE what the vet had said. It was a clusterfuck. My friend took him from the store and he went nowhere fast and was put down yesterday morning at 11am. The fluid just kept building in his wee belly.  :(
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3522 on: July 05, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »

Was it the wet form?
Yeah which is why it hit him so hard. It makes sense now. I saw him Wednesday morning and he was really sleepy, eyes a bit off....but he had just woken up from a nap and with the heat I didn't think anything of it right? Then Thursday evening one of my volunteers called my cell in a panic because he was completely limp. Ugh. It just went downhill so quickly. Got him to the vet Friday morning and the stupid volunteer driver brought him back to the store (which I didn't authorize her to do) and said "vet said he's fine." how can he be "fine" when I later found out he had a fever of 105 and was on prescription food and on antibiotics? She didn't tell ANYONE what the vet had said. It was a clusterfuck. My friend took him from the store and he went nowhere fast and was put down yesterday morning at 11am. The fluid just kept building in his wee belly.  :(

FIP is awful, and so contagious.  I hope the rest of the little ones are ok.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3523 on: July 05, 2012, 02:36:52 PM »

Was it the wet form?

Actually FIP isn't contagious (thank god!). I think you're confusing it with FIV or FeLeuk. I've lost two of my own cats to FeLeuk over the years. Another awful disease.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3524 on: July 05, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »

Was it the wet form?

Actually FIP isn't contagious (thank god!). I think you're confusing it with FIV or FeLeuk. I've lost two of my own cats to FeLeuk over the years. Another awful disease.

It can be under the right circumstances.  Back when I worked at a feline only clinic we had an entire cattery wiped out by it.