Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #2265 on: February 28, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »
This place seems to be averaging about 1 post an hour during the time I am online these days.  This is quite a change.

I need to get busy and post more, I am not myself lately.  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2266 on: February 28, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
Fucking hell, I really want to go back on my tabvlets, but I also really want to be OFF the fucking thigns.

fucking arsehole glasses get smudged so FUCKING easily it's taking the fucknig piss

I'm also extremely fucking lovesick and it's incredinbly sad, shameful and embarrassing, but I will admit I am feeling quite sorry for myself anyway, despite that shame of it

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh it's awful and painful and tragic! :(

Right, I have ghot that out of my system. cheers.
Someone fucking punch me, seriously. I deserve it and need it lol
Join the crowd of the paxil-free sad single people with perpetually smudged glasses.  We're cooler, you know.

Can I be in that crowd?  I'm on meds but not Paxil, and the rest fits me.  :nerdy:

People forget.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2267 on: February 28, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
Fucking hell, I really want to go back on my tabvlets, but I also really want to be OFF the fucking thigns.

fucking arsehole glasses get smudged so FUCKING easily it's taking the fucknig piss

I'm also extremely fucking lovesick and it's incredinbly sad, shameful and embarrassing, but I will admit I am feeling quite sorry for myself anyway, despite that shame of it

:boxers: :slap:

Better now?

thanks pyraxis! you're so kind :P

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2268 on: February 28, 2012, 07:47:44 PM »
So proud of the PR today. This is her 3rd week with the handicapped bowlers and she bowled 3 spares and a 101 for her first game today. 

She wore calf length jeans and a long loose Tshirt to bowling (nothing tacky), had her hair in a low ponytail with the hair looped back through the ponytail to make a soft roll.  She looked very much like a young lady and as normal as she could with her handicaps.  Even had her hand on the back of her hip with the hip jutting out while waiting for her turn to bowl. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2269 on: February 28, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »
So proud of the PR today. This is her 3rd week with the handicapped bowlers and she bowled 3 spares and a 101 for her first game today. 

She wore calf length jeans and a long loose Tshirt to bowling (nothing tacky), had her hair in a low ponytail with the hair looped back through the ponytail to make a soft roll.  She looked very much like a young lady and as normal as she could with her handicaps.  Even had her hand on the back of her hip with the hip jutting out while waiting for her turn to bowl.

:2thumbsup: Awesome.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #2270 on: February 28, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »

Join the crowd of the paxil-free sad single people with perpetually smudged glasses.  We're cooler, you know.

Can I be in that crowd?  I'm on meds but not Paxil, and the rest fits me.  :nerdy:
No. Shoo. Leave this thread.  :flamer: :cbc:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2271 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »

Wasn't talking to YOU, sea mammal.  :flamer: :seal:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #2272 on: February 28, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »

Wasn't talking to YOU, sea mammal.  :flamer: :seal:
Stop fucking with marine mammals egg.  :hahaha: :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #2273 on: February 28, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »
And leave this thread.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2274 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:32 PM »
And leave this thread.

I'm still here.  You are not the boss of me.  :M

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2275 on: February 29, 2012, 02:36:24 AM »
This place seems to be averaging about 1 post an hour during the time I am online these days.  This is quite a change.

I need to get busy and post more, I am not myself lately.  :apondering:

I haven't been up to postwhoring lately, either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2276 on: February 29, 2012, 04:39:18 AM »
I don't understand what my first assignment is meant to be about. Or whether it is an essay or a report. I have to define psychometric terms and conduct multiple data analyses. Stats again, blech.
What kinds of tests/what kind of analyses?
It is to do with aspects of psychological assessments. Have to interpret scale data using descriptives, norms, reliability, validity, discrimination and difficulty using PASW (SPSS). I don't know how I am going to make this into a 3000 word assignment. The instructions for it seem really vague.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2277 on: February 29, 2012, 06:04:51 AM »
I don't understand what my first assignment is meant to be about. Or whether it is an essay or a report. I have to define psychometric terms and conduct multiple data analyses. Stats again, blech.
It is to do with aspects of psychological assessments. Have to interpret scale data using descriptives, norms, reliability, validity, discrimination and difficulty using PASW (SPSS). I don't know how I am going to make this into a 3000 word assignment. The instructions for it seem really vague.
Ah, SPSS.  Kind of a fun program to play with.  Some of it, I assume, is knowing how to match the type of data and research question to the correct kind of test?  I remember making it spit out descriptives, but as far as the rest, I can see how you'd use it to give you data you could make inferences from, but there isn't, for example, a direct test for validity IIRC (I don't think a computer can do that... if it can, I think it would have to be with a much more complex program than SPSS).  Is "difficulty" being used in a specialized, science-y way, or does it just mean "difficulty?"

Also, are you supposed to have some kind of lit review in there, if it's supposed to be 3,000 words?  The way we were taught to write up interpretations of the data was very specific (pretty much different form responses you'd fill in the blanks of with your data and variable names) and not exactly wordy.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2278 on: February 29, 2012, 06:58:11 AM »
Ah, SPSS.  Kind of a fun program to play with.  Some of it, I assume, is knowing how to match the type of data and research question to the correct kind of test?  I remember making it spit out descriptives, but as far as the rest, I can see how you'd use it to give you data you could make inferences from, but there isn't, for example, a direct test for validity IIRC (I don't think a computer can do that... if it can, I think it would have to be with a much more complex program than SPSS).  Is "difficulty" being used in a specialized, science-y way, or does it just mean "difficulty?"

Also, are you supposed to have some kind of lit review in there, if it's supposed to be 3,000 words?  The way we were taught to write up interpretations of the data was very specific (pretty much different form responses you'd fill in the blanks of with your data and variable names) and not exactly wordy.
For inferential stats I have used SPSS in the past for calculating ANCOVAs and SPANOVAs in my assignments. For validity we are meant to look at convergence or divergence and criterion (performance) on one scale. I think I am going to have to get out my old SPSS book about this.

For difficulty there is a formula to work it out, it means the proportion of the people who answer a test item correctly. The higher the proportion, the lower the difficulty.

I think I will use as much literature review as I can because that will help my word count. But you are right, this doesn't seem like something that would seem wordy enough to write a long assignment on.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2279 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
starving. might get a mcdonalds before my vegetarian friend gets here (as this will mean no mcdonalds for me for a few days, which is tragic i know)