Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201387 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #1815 on: January 06, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »

I'm thinking it's fucking ridiculous that an internet message board affects real lives as much as it does.

eris

« Reply #1816 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »
im thinking this is cute

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1817 on: January 06, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
im thinking this is cute

Awwwwww! :heart:

I think you're right.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1818 on: January 06, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »
Can I go back on the wedding vow that says, "in sickness and in health"?

Sure.  Do you want to go and visit someone while the Prince recuperates from his surgery?  Maybe you could leave some of your ladies-in-waiting to bring him food in your absence?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1819 on: January 06, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Sure.  Do you want to go and visit someone while the Prince recuperates from his surgery?  Maybe you could leave some of your ladies-in-waiting to bring him food in your absence?

thanks.  But if I send Lady Weeble all the food will be eaten before he gets it.  Lady Hykeaswell is off with some secret mission of her own.  I guess I'll give him a cup of lukewarm tea and a crust of bread.  My friend and I are taking our daughters to see Chipwrecked right after lunchtime.  PA's meal would be one you'd get if you were shipwrecked.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1820 on: January 06, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »

thanks.  But if I send Lady Weeble all the food will be eaten before he gets it.  Lady Hykeaswell is off with some secret mission of her own.  I guess I'll give him a cup of lukewarm tea and a crust of bread.  My friend and I are taking our daughters to see Chipwrecked right after lunchtime.  PA's meal would be one you'd get if you were shipwrecked.

How is he being difficult?  Is he being a whiny and demanding patient?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1821 on: January 06, 2012, 10:35:33 PM »

He's not really whiny, and definitely not demanding.
He's just bored because he hasn't left the house except for a doctor visit and an hour's visit to McDonalds to talk with his group. 
He hates being dependent.
The PR's mental issues are driving us up the wall right now.  We're all on edge right now.  (Yes, we're trying again to get help for her, but finding someone who can deal with a 23 y/o with the mind of a 10 y/o is hard.)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1822 on: January 06, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »

He's not really whiny, and definitely not demanding.
He's just bored because he hasn't left the house except for a doctor visit and an hour's visit to McDonalds to talk with his group. 
He hates being dependent.
The PR's mental issues are driving us up the wall right now.  We're all on edge right now.  (Yes, we're trying again to get help for her, but finding someone who can deal with a 23 y/o with the mind of a 10 y/o is hard.)

I hated being so dependent when I was recovering from my ankle surgery too and I was frustrated with my slow recovery although my husband could not have been kinder even though he was frustrated with having to do all the work I had been doing, which involved a long drive for him and making food for all of us, including our daughter's lunches every school day and driving me to numerous doctor's and physical therapy appointments along with also doing his own job.  Will the Prince have physical therapy like I did? 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1823 on: January 06, 2012, 10:54:16 PM »
I'm not sure about the PT.  I know he has another 3 or so weeks in the cast, then maybe 6 weeks of increasing weight bearing in a walking boot.  I'm thinking he will probably need some PT to learn proper walking technique since the ankle will not be able to bend. 

He goes back to the doctor Friday, which is 1 month after the surgery, for an X-ray.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1824 on: January 06, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »
im thinking this is cute

I think you're right.

Me too! :heart:  Is that a puppy, a kitten or a polar bear?  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1825 on: January 06, 2012, 10:57:38 PM »
im thinking this is cute

I think you're right.

Me too! :heart:  Is that a puppy, a kitten or a polar bear?  :laugh:

I'm guessing it's a Samoyed puppy, which are little fluffy snowballs when they're young.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1826 on: January 06, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »

thanks.  But if I send Lady Weeble all the food will be eaten before he gets it.   Lady Hykeaswell is off with some secret mission of her own.  I guess I'll give him a cup of lukewarm tea and a crust of bread.  My friend and I are taking our daughters to see Chipwrecked right after lunchtime.  PA's meal would be one you'd get if you were shipwrecked.

I promise I will bring the Prince most all of the food!  :angel:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1827 on: January 07, 2012, 12:19:57 AM »
I'm not sure about the PT.  I know he has another 3 or so weeks in the cast, then maybe 6 weeks of increasing weight bearing in a walking boot.  I'm thinking he will probably need some PT to learn proper walking technique since the ankle will not be able to bend. 

He goes back to the doctor Friday, which is 1 month after the surgery, for an X-ray.

I hope that the x-ray gives him good news.

My mother badly broke her ankle in her twenties and they had to fix it with pins that allowed only hinge-type movement up and down as opposed to her being to make a circle with her foot so she couldn't easily walk on uneven ground, for example, and her ankle caused her pain for the rest of her life.

I know that the fusion surgery is to avoid the bone on bone pain in your ankle and that there will be no movement at all in that joint after the surgery is successful, but I feel having to walk as if there's a cast boot on your ankle for the rest of your life would cause pain in other joints.  I hope that I'm wrong.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1828 on: January 07, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »

I hope that the x-ray gives him good news.

My mother badly broke her ankle in her twenties and they had to fix it with pins that allowed only hinge-type movement up and down as opposed to her being to make a circle with her foot so she couldn't easily walk on uneven ground, for example, and her ankle caused her pain for the rest of her life.

I know that the fusion surgery is to avoid the bone on bone pain in your ankle and that there will be no movement at all in that joint after the surgery is successful, but I feel having to walk as if there's a cast boot on your ankle for the rest of your life would cause pain in other joints.  I hope that I'm wrong.

I agree with the extra stress on other joints.  I haven't told PA he'll probably need PT to learn how to walk to minimize the stress on other joints.  But, he'll be 70 next Thursday so who knows how all this will spin out.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1829 on: January 08, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »
I learned something new today:

rigidity:
inflexibility or stiffness.
clasp-knife rigidity
increased tension in the extensor of a joint when it is passively flexed, giving way suddenly on exertion of further pressure; seen especially in upper motor neuron disease.
cogwheel rigidity
tension in a muscle that gives way in little jerks when the muscle is passively stretched.
lead-pipe rigidity
posture adopted when the rigidity of the limb is maintained equally throughout the passive flexion.
rigidity reflex
the state of immobility generated in female animals, especially those in estrus, when they make physical contact with a male.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?