Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201377 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #1605 on: December 20, 2011, 04:29:33 AM »
It CAN'T be normal to have stomach pain so bad that your *ears* hurt.

Hope you get it sorted.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1606 on: December 20, 2011, 05:52:46 AM »

It doesn't sound normal.  I hope by now you have gone to the ER.  :-\
It's been happening to me for years; it's just frustrating, and kinda debilitating (I've been trying to write in the evenings but it's hard to focus when you can't sit upright in your damn chair without hurting).  I talked to my doctor about it during my last physical but she waved it away as nerves.  (I get the same thing for the chronic tiredness).  I might not have been explicit enough about just how painful it is but I told her it will wake me up at night sometimes.  It could well be nerves but it's a bit frustrating that if it can be explained by my mental stuff, then that's the first explanation they leap to.  Shitty risk management.  I do like my doctor and the office; by and large I feel listened to and taken care of, but if I didn't direct my own treatment I wouldn't get the kind of care I know I need.

On my end, when I have clients coming in with symptoms that *could* be depression or the like, I try as a general rule to encourage them to see their doctors to make sure it's just depression/whatever, and let them know it could be but it's best to be sure.  If that's the response *I* get- and I advocate for myself pretty damn well- I can't imagine the kind of care they might get, especially with government insurance (which is definitely stigmatizing).

Anyway, as is typical, it mostly went away overnight.  Not a medical emergency but god does it suck.  I have literally had to curl up in the fetal position on a friend's floor before with this, or had to curl up on a park bench walking one place to another.  I've been getting worse-than-normal acid reflux the last few weeks, and I'm sure starting doxycycline on Sunday is not helping settle my stomach.  Nor, probably, did taking a vitamin C supplement yesterday (was worried about what germs I might've run into in the doctor's office, but if I take them enough, Vit C supplements invariably fuck me up pretty bad because they are so acidic).  Am going to try cutting out the lemonade mix I usually flavor my water at home with and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:56:47 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1607 on: December 20, 2011, 06:45:40 AM »
My stomach's fine, but my neck hurts quite badly it looks like it was twisted badly somehow.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1608 on: December 20, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
My stomach's fine, but my neck hurts quite badly it looks like it was twisted badly somehow.

Did you sleep on it the wrong way?  Sometimes that's all it takes.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1609 on: December 20, 2011, 06:53:22 AM »

That's exactly what one of my brothers asked me. Must be it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1610 on: December 20, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »

That's exactly what one of my brothers asked me. Must be it.

When you get to be my age, you'll find it happens all the time!  :prude:

People forget.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1611 on: December 20, 2011, 07:05:42 AM »
You sure know how to handle the constant pain because it really stings. I couldn't keep a straight face at work today because of it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1612 on: December 20, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
You sure know how to handle the constant pain because it really stings. I couldn't keep a straight face at work today because of it.

Oh, I didn't realize it was that bad, I'm sorry to hear that.  Most of my old-lady aches
 and pains are less acute than that.  Have you taken anything OTC for the pain?  ???

People forget.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1613 on: December 20, 2011, 07:11:46 AM »
Panadol.

It actually started yesterday but today it's gotten worse.

I also think it may be related to the fact that I experience intense pain sometimes when I sneeze. But I can't be stuffed checking it with the doctor.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1614 on: December 20, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »
Panadol.

I also think it may be related to the fact that I experience intense pain sometimes when I sneeze. But I can't be stuffed checking it with the doctor.

When you sneeze, is the pain in your neck, or elsewhere?  :nerd!:

People forget.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1615 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:56 AM »
Panadol.

When you sneeze, is the pain in your neck, or elsewhere?  :nerd!:

Around the neck area and along the arms.

Must be a sign of something big ... :cbc:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1616 on: December 20, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »

It's been happening to me for years; it's just frustrating, and kinda debilitating (I've been trying to write in the evenings but it's hard to focus when you can't sit upright in your damn chair without hurting).  I talked to my doctor about it during my last physical but she waved it away as nerves.  (I get the same thing for the chronic tiredness).  I might not have been explicit enough about just how painful it is but I told her it will wake me up at night sometimes.  It could well be nerves but it's a bit frustrating that if it can be explained by my mental stuff, then that's the first explanation they leap to.  Shitty risk management.  I do like my doctor and the office; by and large I feel listened to and taken care of, but if I didn't direct my own treatment I wouldn't get the kind of care I know I need.

On my end, when I have clients coming in with symptoms that *could* be depression or the like, I try as a general rule to encourage them to see their doctors to make sure it's just depression/whatever, and let them know it could be but it's best to be sure.  If that's the response *I* get- and I advocate for myself pretty damn well- I can't imagine the kind of care they might get, especially with government insurance (which is definitely stigmatizing).

Anyway, as is typical, it mostly went away overnight.  Not a medical emergency but god does it suck.  I have literally had to curl up in the fetal position on a friend's floor before with this, or had to curl up on a park bench walking one place to another.  I've been getting worse-than-normal acid reflux the last few weeks, and I'm sure starting doxycycline on Sunday is not helping settle my stomach.  Nor, probably, did taking a vitamin C supplement yesterday (was worried about what germs I might've run into in the doctor's office, but if I take them enough, Vit C supplements invariably fuck me up pretty bad because they are so acidic).  Am going to try cutting out the lemonade mix I usually flavor my water at home with and see if that helps.

Have you been checked for an ulcer?

I took doxycycline for three weeks for my septic olecranon bursitis and I had to be careful to only take it with food because it was too hard on my stomach to take it on a empty stomach.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1617 on: December 20, 2011, 06:20:53 PM »

Have you been checked for an ulcer?

I took doxycycline for three weeks for my septic olecranon bursitis and I had to be careful to only take it with food because it was too hard on my stomach to take it on a empty stomach.
No, but I am almost certain I've had them (or something super-similar) in the past, based on symptoms.  Not to the point where I was worried or unable to function, but to the point where I thought "Oh jesus, I think I actually must have an ulcer right now.  No more vitamin c for awhile."  I think there's kind only so much you can do for them other than try to stop triggering them.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1618 on: December 20, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »
Maybe it's the way I'm sitting in the chair.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1619 on: December 20, 2011, 06:38:11 PM »
Maybe it's the way I'm sitting in the chair.

It does look a tad uncomfortable in your avatar indeed.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!