Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201659 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #1290 on: November 18, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
When will you get it through your thick skull that you are not Superwoman?  You're 62 years old, for pete's sake.  Start asking for help.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1291 on: November 18, 2011, 06:11:13 PM »
It was only one beer.  :cbc:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1292 on: November 18, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »
My mate found out tonight that his friend got hit by a car and is on life support. They're flying over to Oregon to be with his family befofre they turn it off. Fucking messed up. Guy was about our age . Can't imagine what his parents are going thru.

I never know wtf to say when shit like this happens. I was on the phone to him when he found out. His mum was going hysterical. In his early 20s too, ended just like that.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1293 on: November 18, 2011, 08:47:20 PM »
My mate found out tonight that his friend got hit by a car and is on life support. They're flying over to Oregon to be with his family befofre they turn it off. Fucking messed up. Guy was about our age . Can't imagine what his parents are going thru.

I never know wtf to say when shit like this happens. I was on the phone to him when he found out. His mum was going hysterical. In his early 20s too, ended just like that.

I don't know what to say either, "sorry" doesn't begin to cover it.  :(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1294 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:47 PM »
Yeah that's the obvious response people use for things like this, but I always try and stop myself saying it because it just doesnt sound enough does it. I always feel pathetic saying that, but never know what else to say either

I guess there's nothing you CAN say tho really. Not for something like that. it's not gonna bring him back is it?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1295 on: November 18, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »
Yeah that's the obvious response people use for things like this, but I always try and stop myself saying it because it just doesnt sound enough does it. I always feel pathetic saying that, but never know what else to say either

I guess there's nothing you CAN say tho really. Not for something like that. it's not gonna bring him back is it?

No, I just say sorry because I think it's the least useless thing to say.  :dunno:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #1296 on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »

No, I just say sorry because I think it's the least useless thing to say.  :dunno:

like i mentioned in another thread my dads brother died... turns out the dad i got pissed off with tryed calling me on my cell several times to let me know the day after he failed to answer my calls [ive no signal at my house]

anyways rather than saying sorry i said if he needs to talk about it and is to cheep to pay a shrink he can give me a call... he laughed... its the first time i have heard him laugh in yeard

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Psychophant

« Reply #1297 on: November 19, 2011, 06:37:05 AM »

It is. 

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #1298 on: November 19, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »

Omg.

I'm so sorry to hear that , thoughts with your friend.  :(
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1299 on: November 19, 2011, 08:19:21 AM »

=(

"I'm sorry for your loss" exists as a way of saying "I care, even though I can't make it better."  It's better than saying nothing.  (I learned that the hard way once.)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1300 on: November 19, 2011, 12:22:27 PM »
When my cousins lost their father, I really didn't know what to say. I felt like anything I could say was probably already said by others. I actually cried a lot myself after he died, even though I wasn't that close to him. It was more because I felt for my cousins and what they were going through. I think they liked that they weren't the only ones crying at his memorial service though.

I did e-mail my cousin and explain why I hadn't said anything, and she said it was better than the ones who talk TOO much, and you just want to tell to shut up. :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1301 on: November 19, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »
^ that's what I worry about. "I'm sorry for your loss" just sounds generic and lacking in feeling

I know it's NOT necessarily lacking in feeling, but because it's the general thing said, automatically, it feels like it isn't worth anything

Binty

« Reply #1302 on: November 19, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
People always get awkward and feel they have to apologise, whenever I have to say that my dad died last year.  I usually just wave away their apologies, say it's fine and that we weren't close to get them to shut up :P  Not about to discuss my feelings about my dead father to someone who's only an acquaintance.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1303 on: November 20, 2011, 03:53:30 AM »
Thinking about people who die too young.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1304 on: November 20, 2011, 03:10:14 PM »
It is Transgender Day of Remembrance today

I'm gonna have some pasta

Just shared an ice cream with the cat and the dog