Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201389 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #900 on: October 24, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »
Wondering how my Aunt's appointment at the cancer clinic will go. Her cancer is back for a third time but this time it's in a new form as she's already had a double mastectomy. They pulled a mass from deep inside her chest cavity and they're also checking her liver again. The liver biopsy was on Friday so we won't have those results for a few weeks. But the MRI's and bone scans should be in by now.  :-\
Far out. Me being worried about my problem which is teeny tiny in comparison to your Aunt's. Cancer 3 times? That really sucks. :(
I hope the news is good news.
Yeah it's been a crazy ride. She had breast cancer in 2000 and has a mastectomy and was cancer free for 10 years. Then she had it in the other breast so had that removed in 2010. Was clear for 3 months post treatment. Then we had a scare as they found a small mass, but it tested negative. *phew* So they tested her liver to be sure, also negative. Then a few months later months later they found another mass during a routine followup X-ray and that one tested positive (the one they found in her chest) and they've found a spot on her liver that they think they may have missed but we don't have the results on that one yet. It will be a few weeks. We know the one in her chest is cancerous but we don't know what kind. Hope to find that out today. She just turned 68 on Thursday and she's like a Mum to me. She helped raise me when I was little. I'd be lost without her. Just hoping whatever it is, it's treatable.
  I bet you are beside yourself with worry.  I do hope she will be ok,  she sounds like an amazing lady.
they've moved the appointment to the 31st since they don't have the liver results in yet.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #901 on: October 24, 2011, 02:34:23 PM »
Wondering how my Aunt's appointment at the cancer clinic will go. Her cancer is back for a third time but this time it's in a new form as she's already had a double mastectomy. They pulled a mass from deep inside her chest cavity and they're also checking her liver again. The liver biopsy was on Friday so we won't have those results for a few weeks. But the MRI's and bone scans should be in by now.  :-\
Far out. Me being worried about my problem which is teeny tiny in comparison to your Aunt's. Cancer 3 times? That really sucks. :(
I hope the news is good news.
Yeah it's been a crazy ride. She had breast cancer in 2000 and has a mastectomy and was cancer free for 10 years. Then she had it in the other breast so had that removed in 2010. Was clear for 3 months post treatment. Then we had a scare as they found a small mass, but it tested negative. *phew* So they tested her liver to be sure, also negative. Then a few months later months later they found another mass during a routine followup X-ray and that one tested positive (the one they found in her chest) and they've found a spot on her liver that they think they may have missed but we don't have the results on that one yet. It will be a few weeks. We know the one in her chest is cancerous but we don't know what kind. Hope to find that out today. She just turned 68 on Thursday and she's like a Mum to me. She helped raise me when I was little. I'd be lost without her. Just hoping whatever it is, it's treatable.
  I bet you are beside yourself with worry.  I do hope she will be ok,  she sounds like an amazing lady.
they've moved the appointment to the 31st since they don't have the liver results in yet.

I'm sad for you and your aunt and I hope that it's going to turn out OK, but the chest wall cancer my aunt got some time after her radiation treatments and chemotherapy for breast cancer was very aggressive.  I hope that your aunt's will be more treatable.

Here's a website for clinical trials:

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/results?protocolsearchid=6283196&vers=1

Celticgoddess

« Reply #902 on: October 24, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »
 :plus: Awesome. Thank you Callaway

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #903 on: October 24, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that CG , hope everything turns out ok. :hug:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #904 on: October 24, 2011, 03:59:09 PM »
I should really get around to unpacking my clothes. I've been living out of suitcases for the last 2.5 weeks.
what brought you guys to Boston?

Got tired of NJ where you need a car to go pretty much anywhere. My sister goes to university up here, and we all love this city.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #905 on: October 24, 2011, 04:00:21 PM »
I might be done

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #906 on: October 24, 2011, 04:03:27 PM »
I need a job ASAP. Being unemployed is depressing.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #907 on: October 24, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
I am thinking what am i letting myself in for
and remembering 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'
so why oh why am i doing something i think
will fail??

Ans.  the boy.  of course :-\
blah blah blah

Celticgoddess

« Reply #908 on: October 24, 2011, 04:46:24 PM »
will fail??

What's going on with the boy? Do you have a tendency to self sabotage? I know I do.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #909 on: October 24, 2011, 04:59:54 PM »
will fail??

The guy in the lorry on his way?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #910 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
I might be done

Done as in totally wiped out or done as in finished with an assignment?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #911 on: October 24, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »
I faint easily and get dizzy spells in which my heart starts racing and I feel/hear the pulse in my neck, but regular consumption of salt seems to keep it under control.  I don't know if salt would help in your case; I used to put my dizziness and fainting down to something harmless to do with low blood pressure, but I've started to wonder if it's caused by an ion channel mutation or whatever it is that's affecting me more generally.
Hypothetically worth a shot.  I know my blood pressure is low (healthy-low, but, low).  I also crave salt/salty foods a lot but I'm not sure that actually means I have a deficiency (unless I also have a chocolate deficiency).

Any suggestions (or links to web sites with guidelines) on 1) how much one should try to add (even to experiment and see if it helps) and 2) how to make this palatable?  Not sure I can just sit and eat spoonfuls of salt.  :P

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?   :orly:
I think I must have at some point (that's bloodwork, right?), but it prolly should be checked again anyway.  God, I hope it's not my thyroid.  That's a bitch to fix.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Psychophant

« Reply #912 on: October 24, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »
It doesn't sound like you have hyponatremia.  (Low sodium)  And though this has a lot of info on the scary side.  It does sum it up best.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001431/

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #913 on: October 24, 2011, 06:13:02 PM »
I faint easily and get dizzy spells in which my heart starts racing and I feel/hear the pulse in my neck, but regular consumption of salt seems to keep it under control.  I don't know if salt would help in your case; I used to put my dizziness and fainting down to something harmless to do with low blood pressure, but I've started to wonder if it's caused by an ion channel mutation or whatever it is that's affecting me more generally.
Hypothetically worth a shot.  I know my blood pressure is low (healthy-low, but, low).  I also crave salt/salty foods a lot but I'm not sure that actually means I have a deficiency (unless I also have a chocolate deficiency).

Any suggestions (or links to web sites with guidelines) on 1) how much one should try to add (even to experiment and see if it helps) and 2) how to make this palatable?  Not sure I can just sit and eat spoonfuls of salt.  :P

It's not something I've read about anywhere, so I can't direct you to a site about it.  My diet has very little processed food in it, so there's little or no salt in it unless I add some.  I was getting very frequent dizzy spells a few years ago and I wondered if it could have something to do with the lack of salt in my diet, so I started salting my food and the dizzy spells went away.  I let my body guide me and I just add however much salt tastes good.  I don't go crazy with heaps of salt; if I take too much, I get thirsty and start drinking and pissing a lot, and I can wake up several times in a night with a full bladder and feeling dehydrated until my body excretes the excess sodium.  If I stop adding salt to my food, I begin having dizzy spells again after a week or two.

Also, magnesium supplementation decreases my salt craving, and I haven't had any dizzy spells from my reduced salt intake while taking magnesium.  It has some unusual effects on me; it makes me more alert and energetic, causes insomnia, and makes my masseters tense up, which gives me headaches; pretty much the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do (think epsom salts).  I've no idea if you'd find magnesium helpful or not; it can be bought as pills, but I find it cheaper to use a big bag of magnesium oxide powder that was sold as a feed additive for horses.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #914 on: October 24, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
It doesn't sound like you have hyponatremia.  (Low sodium)  And though this has a lot of info on the scary side.  It does sum it up best.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001431/
Y'know, I just realized that symptom lists online are basically horoscopes.  Never totally dead-on, but enough that you can project and imagine the list describes you.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.