Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201389 times)

Psychophant

Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #885 on: October 23, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
 :yawn:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #886 on: October 24, 2011, 01:17:26 AM »
Oh no! His name is Joshua!! :aff: :aff:

Why do all the intolerable guys come in two's? :zombiefuck:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #887 on: October 24, 2011, 01:18:25 AM »
I really should be sleeping. Woke up at 2 am wiiiiiiiide awake. :P

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #888 on: October 24, 2011, 02:29:33 AM »
I hope my physical next month is productive.  Or at least that I'm not dying of some non-obvious but extremely painful disease.

Thinking it may not be normal that my blood sugar levels affect my mood THIS much.

Do you suspect that the physical will reveal something?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #889 on: October 24, 2011, 04:59:08 AM »
Thinking it may not be normal that my blood sugar levels affect my mood THIS much.

Might there be some other health issue that could be found with a simple blood test?   :orly:
see below

I hope my physical next month is productive.  Or at least that I'm not dying of some non-obvious but extremely painful disease.

Hoping it will, or will give me leads, yes.   I'm starting to suspect there may be a medical cause behind how screwy my energy levels are, over and above how depressed I am right now, for a few reasons.  The ideal would be a simple vitamin deficiency I could address with a supplement or dietary changes. I'm hoping it's not diabetes.  When I was on Zyprexa, I was monitored carefully for it and always came out OK, but in retrospect none of those were fasting bood sugars, so I don't know how accurate the tests really could have been.

The tricky thing is that I faint easily, which makes it impossible to get fasting blood sugar (or cholesterol, for that matter, albeit that concerns me less).  They may be able to do a skin prick test just to get those levels, though.  Anything that doesn't require fasting I can do, but I've learned to eat something immediately beforehand.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #890 on: October 24, 2011, 05:05:27 AM »
Only through the power of caffeine shall I make it through the day today.  Which means I will spend the day feeling nervous as fuck and looking manic and/or coked-up.  Better than looking like my client's problems bore me to sleepines, but still a lousy option.  Goddamn insomnia.

(also, no, the insomnia/caffeine aren't responsible for my energy issues- this is a new problem that popped up last week)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #891 on: October 24, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »
Thinking about what I should say to the doctor on Wednesday. Geez. I don't know.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Celticgoddess

« Reply #892 on: October 24, 2011, 05:40:00 AM »
Wondering how my Aunt's appointment at the cancer clinic will go. Her cancer is back for a third time but this time it's in a new form as she's already had a double mastectomy. They pulled a mass from deep inside her chest cavity and they're also checking her liver again. The liver biopsy was on Friday so we won't have those results for a few weeks. But the MRI's and bone scans should be in by now.  :-\

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #893 on: October 24, 2011, 05:43:27 AM »

Might there be some other health issue that could be found with a simple blood test?   :orly:
see below

Hoping it will, or will give me leads, yes.   I'm starting to suspect there may be a medical cause behind how screwy my energy levels are, over and above how depressed I am right now, for a few reasons.  The ideal would be a simple vitamin deficiency I could address with a supplement or dietary changes. I'm hoping it's not diabetes.  When I was on Zyprexa, I was monitored carefully for it and always came out OK, but in retrospect none of those were fasting bood sugars, so I don't know how accurate the tests really could have been.

The tricky thing is that I faint easily, which makes it impossible to get fasting blood sugar (or cholesterol, for that matter, albeit that concerns me less).  They may be able to do a skin prick test just to get those levels, though.  Anything that doesn't require fasting I can do, but I've learned to eat something immediately beforehand.

I faint easily and get dizzy spells in which my heart starts racing and I feel/hear the pulse in my neck, but regular consumption of salt seems to keep it under control.  I don't know if salt would help in your case; I used to put my dizziness and fainting down to something harmless to do with low blood pressure, but I've started to wonder if it's caused by an ion channel mutation or whatever it is that's affecting me more generally.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #894 on: October 24, 2011, 05:48:27 AM »
Wondering how my Aunt's appointment at the cancer clinic will go. Her cancer is back for a third time but this time it's in a new form as she's already had a double mastectomy. They pulled a mass from deep inside her chest cavity and they're also checking her liver again. The liver biopsy was on Friday so we won't have those results for a few weeks. But the MRI's and bone scans should be in by now.  :-\
Far out. Me being worried about my problem which is teeny tiny in comparison to your Aunt's. Cancer 3 times? That really sucks. :(
I hope the news is good news.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #895 on: October 24, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »

see below

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Celticgoddess

« Reply #896 on: October 24, 2011, 06:33:49 AM »
Far out. Me being worried about my problem which is teeny tiny in comparison to your Aunt's. Cancer 3 times? That really sucks. :(
Yeah it's been a crazy ride. She had breast cancer in 2000 and has a mastectomy and was cancer free for 10 years. Then she had it in the other breast so had that removed in 2010. Was clear for 3 months post treatment. Then we had a scare as they found a small mass, but it tested negative. *phew* So they tested her liver to be sure, also negative. Then a few months later months later they found another mass during a routine followup X-ray and that one tested positive (the one they found in her chest) and they've found a spot on her liver that they think they may have missed but we don't have the results on that one yet. It will be a few weeks. We know the one in her chest is cancerous but we don't know what kind. Hope to find that out today. She just turned 68 on Thursday and she's like a Mum to me. She helped raise me when I was little. I'd be lost without her. Just hoping whatever it is, it's treatable.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #897 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »
I hope your aunt will be OK. Cancer is an awful thing to have.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #898 on: October 24, 2011, 08:28:03 AM »
I hope your aunt will be OK. Cancer is an awful thing to have.
Thanks :) I'm restless today. Waiting for the call. Didn't sleep much last night which isn't helping.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #899 on: October 24, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
Yeah it's been a crazy ride. She had breast cancer in 2000 and has a mastectomy and was cancer free for 10 years. Then she had it in the other breast so had that removed in 2010. Was clear for 3 months post treatment. Then we had a scare as they found a small mass, but it tested negative. *phew* So they tested her liver to be sure, also negative. Then a few months later months later they found another mass during a routine followup X-ray and that one tested positive (the one they found in her chest) and they've found a spot on her liver that they think they may have missed but we don't have the results on that one yet. It will be a few weeks. We know the one in her chest is cancerous but we don't know what kind. Hope to find that out today. She just turned 68 on Thursday and she's like a Mum to me. She helped raise me when I was little. I'd be lost without her. Just hoping whatever it is, it's treatable.
  I bet you are beside yourself with worry.  I do hope she will be ok,  she sounds like an amazing lady.
blah blah blah