Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201399 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #690 on: October 09, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »

Thinking about possible causes to the electrical mystery at the cinema.

In my experience, 99% of electrical gremlins are ground related. Either a bad ground, or a short to ground.

Yes, and in all likelihood this one is too. But I have yet to find the problem. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Binty

« Reply #691 on: October 09, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
I wish it was possible to edit texts once you've sent them  :facepalm2:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #692 on: October 09, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »

Drunk texting or autocorrect?

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #693 on: October 09, 2011, 01:12:21 PM »
I'm thinking I like CBC's new avatar. It's a funny one.

Oh, and I dislike the blurriness of mine. (going to try to fix that a little this evening)(I think)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Binty

« Reply #694 on: October 09, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »

Sexting :P

Osensitive1

« Reply #695 on: October 09, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
I'm thinking I like CBC's new avatar. It's a funny one.

Oh, and I dislike the blurriness of mine. (going to try to fix that a little this evening)(I think)
What's the story behind your, lutra?

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #696 on: October 09, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
It comes from a Belgium cartoonist named A. Franquin and the character on the left is called Gaston (or Guust Flater in Dutch). I really really loved reading that comic book series as a teenager and still can lol reading some of it nowadays.

Gaston is a bit of a clumsy dreamer that invents silly stuff all the time. Some in an office setting of the actual publisher of the comic series (= Dupuis) where he works. Well, he does a lot of things there but seem to never actually work.

Franquin was just a brilliant cartoonist with a beautiful sense of humour (IMO).

Well, blahiah.. (um, little intro there)

Also in the series of 18, I thought, books.. he and the copper are clashing quite regularly. Coppa goes strictly by the book and Gaston in all his innocence has little a clue what he did wrong most of the time.

Well, to make fun of policemen is perhaps a global phenomenon but in Belgium (and also in southern parts of the Netherlands) it was and still is something folks do a lot. The unreasonable stubbornness, the arrogance that sometimes goes with the outfit and in particular the stupidity shown at times is target for ridicule on a quite regular basis.

For me the copper stands for authority in general and how they arrogantly dare to break laws themselves in the city I live in now. It's very on-Dutch-like 'Italian' here. No kid ya but basically this city is stuck in medieval ignorant catholic moral and is ruled by a very corrupt alderman (and his army of cowardly followers).. and tjah, I, a made into persona non grata here, writing a lot of stuff down on paper.

(um, an attempt there.. )

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #697 on: October 09, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »

Osensitive1

« Reply #698 on: October 09, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »
It comes from a Belgium cartoonist named A. Franquin and the character on the left is called Gaston (or Guust Flater in Dutch). I really really loved reading that comic book series as a teenager and still can lol reading some of it nowadays.

Gaston is a bit of a clumsy dreamer that invents silly stuff all the time. Some in an office setting of the actual publisher of the comic series (= Dupuis) where he works. Well, he does a lot of things there but seem to never actually work.

Franquin was just a brilliant cartoonist with a beautiful sense of humour (IMO).

Well, blahiah.. (um, little intro there)

Also in the series of 18, I thought, books.. he and the copper are clashing quite regularly. Coppa goes strictly by the book and Gaston in all his innocence has little a clue what he did wrong most of the time.

Well, to make fun of policemen is perhaps a global phenomenon but in Belgium (and also in southern parts of the Netherlands) it was and still is something folks do a lot. The unreasonable stubbornness, the arrogance that sometimes goes with the outfit and in particular the stupidity shown at times is target for ridicule on a quite regular basis.

For me the copper stands for authority in general and how they arrogantly dare to break laws themselves in the city I live in now. It's very on-Dutch-like 'Italian' here. No kid ya but basically this city is stuck in medieval ignorant catholic moral and is ruled by a very corrupt alderman (and his army of cowardly followers).. and tjah, I, a made into persona non grata here, writing a lot of stuff down on paper.

(um, an attempt there.. )
Thanks, lutra.

eris

« Reply #699 on: October 09, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »

Sexting :P

Sexting is kinda fun sometimes. I dont really do it, but there is this one kid I fooled around with a few times that likes to text me at 3 am like every single night.  So I sometimes end up asking him all these crazy dirty questions; that is if I feel like answering the nightly "hey" I get on my phone. One night I asked him all about how he plays with himself and how long etc etc etc. I got him all worked up, and he asked if he could come over for a blowjob. Driving an hour and a half for just a blowjob is brave :D So I said... naaaa, and turned the phone off :D I still get a "hey" in my inbox like every night tho.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #700 on: October 09, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
Freaked out by the Halloween avatars. :hide:

I'm freaked out by my own.  :hyke:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #701 on: October 09, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
I'm thinking I enjoy de-hoarding once I actually get started!  :thumbup:

Me too! I am collecting SPACE!!!

Getting rid of lots of stuff that are connected with when I was married. Some things I will keep of course. Weird, after over two and a half years, I am still making this place more and more mine.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #702 on: October 09, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »
I could change my avatar, unable to get my present one the way I like it be, to this.. maybe..

(okay, will not.. distracts the fuck out of me too.. )  :autism:

P7PSP

« Reply #703 on: October 09, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »
I could change my avatar, unable to get my present one the way I like it be, to this.. maybe..

(okay, will not.. distracts the fuck out of me too.. )  :autism:
:LMAO:

eris

« Reply #704 on: October 09, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »
I've got a date with an angel tonight. I better hide my horns. Cant wait.