Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201376 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #14280 on: July 25, 2022, 11:33:58 AM »
I should get a beer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14281 on: July 25, 2022, 12:06:08 PM »
A day of storms passing thru like a long freight train.  But, little rain in our area! :dunno:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14282 on: July 25, 2022, 04:15:50 PM »
This rendition of Starman for the new Lightyear Film trailer is truly epic

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14283 on: July 26, 2022, 04:39:50 AM »
I really should log off and start writing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14284 on: July 27, 2022, 02:40:35 PM »
Sitting on my deck, sipping a glass of brandy and I am so fascinated by watching the Bumblebees flitting and lighting on the flowers of the Basil.  If any insect is Buddha like, it's Bumblebees.  They bump into each other, fly from flower to flower, and when they bump each other.  It looks like "Oops, pardon me.  I'll go check out this other flower."  And the other will do the same.....no conflict.  But, they follow their path.  It's almost like they are saying Namaste and honoring each other for being who they are.  Even the little tiny bees are given a berth.  Bumblebees have checked me out when I disturb them watering the plants.  No big deal,  more like "Thank you, for providing us this flowering plant."  This is how I roll, I do my thing and everybody else does theirs, "Pardon me if we bump into each other."  "We're good", no conflict.  I avoid conflict whenever I can.  But, like the Bumblebee, I carry a stinger and will only use it as a last resort.  Trust me I have been stung by Bumblebees.  And it was only because I was ignorant and pushed them to their limit.  Now we accept each other and I am happy to see them going on about their business and doing their part in this every increasingly cruel world.  Nature always gives me peace.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14285 on: July 27, 2022, 05:48:42 PM »
Tomorrow is the day... a day that will live in infamy.

Just as October 6th, 2016 was the day I started at Walmart, July 28th, 2022 is when I left... time to celebrate  :LOL:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14286 on: August 17, 2022, 06:28:48 AM »
One of the partners is sitting crush boi down for a talk in the morning.
Not sure what about but probably everything. I told him not to expect a positive outcome though. It's gonna be more like, being given a sip of sweet palate cleanser before adding another even more enduring taste of sour to the mouth. Figuratively speaking.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14287 on: August 17, 2022, 08:21:30 PM »
^Crush boi isn't getting the sack, is he? I hope not.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14288 on: August 18, 2022, 07:36:11 AM »
^ That would be a favour for him, not a punishment.
He's the only accountant working full time in the other office with like, 2 rooms full of work backlog. I can only help with so much of it.
Sacking him would leave them with nobody to get the work done. So instead it's in their best interest to attach the ball & chain and make him feel hopeless and trapped there.
I dunno what final straw he's waiting for. He's 10 times more miserable working with the firm than I am, yet he won't get his CV together and go out there to find a positive change.
I've been trying to encourage him but he just makes up excuses.

It's strange to have a secure job yet wish it wasn't. "We want you here in the long term"; Well I contest the length of that sentence, Your Honor!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14289 on: August 19, 2022, 03:13:05 PM »
Secure jobs are a blessing and a curse. The latter happens when they want you to stay indefinitely and think they own you.

I'm an independent contractor and I'm very lucky in that my services are sought after. I'm an expert in a suitably esoteric yet central set of standards. In practical terms it means that I can tell a client to fuck off, these days, if they are being stupid enough. Also in practical terms, I mostly never do because I like my job and I do sympathise with their plight.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14290 on: August 19, 2022, 05:41:10 PM »
Secure jobs are a blessing and a curse. The latter happens when they want you to stay indefinitely and think they own you.

I'm an independent contractor and I'm very lucky in that my services are sought after. I'm an expert in a suitably esoteric yet central set of standards. In practical terms it means that I can tell a client to fuck off, these days, if they are being stupid enough. Also in practical terms, I mostly never do because I like my job and I do sympathise with their plight.

You have not been home enough to even break in your new (months old) subwoofer lately.

I have had to "fire" clients before. I then go back to the basic reasons for doing business together if they want continued service.  Policies first, then we try again.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14291 on: August 22, 2022, 06:07:37 AM »
Hmm that big tall Ian guy from Newcastle didn't turn up to the dance social on the weekend. Apparently he and his partner/co-teacher/co-organiser had a falling out.

Was kinda bummed he wasn't there to completely ignore me as usual :zoinks:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14292 on: August 25, 2022, 03:25:59 PM »
The Troll and the Automaton fused together.... only when they're fused.... they're an Ursla, an Ursla that scares the shit out of me even more.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14293 on: September 02, 2022, 08:18:21 AM »
A Guzman Y Gomez opened up here and it's open till 10pm. This could totally revolutionize crush boi and I's phat lap nights!
I mean being open till 10. That means we can get everything done, Bunnings, Kmart, Coles etc then still find somewhere open for dinner afterwards!

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14294 on: September 02, 2022, 01:18:49 PM »
Had lunch at friend's house... the thin steak they offered us was WAY TOO GOOD! I think they got it from the Mexican Supermarket that's about 5 minutes away by car from my parent's house...