Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201396 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #14100 on: January 05, 2022, 04:41:22 PM »
trumpolini cancelled his press conference tomorrow.  I guess he didn't have enough blackshirts to initiate another coup attempt.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14101 on: January 05, 2022, 07:57:08 PM »
Every 5-6 years or so I entertain the idea of getting a buzz cut but never go through with it.

This year might be the year I think. My hair is an absolute mess. Not even a nice cut and colour can salvage it.
Do it, do it, do it!

Your hair was long and black, last I saw it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14102 on: January 06, 2022, 05:02:29 AM »
It's still long, with split ends everywhere. The black faded long ago, now it's back to brown with scattered greys in there.

I'm ready. I'm anticipating the shocked reaction from everyone else and that's making me hesitant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14103 on: January 06, 2022, 07:21:11 AM »
I should cut my hair, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14104 on: January 06, 2022, 06:42:41 PM »
"Is it true," she wanted to know, that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so,"' the doctor told her.

There was a moment of silence.
The senior lady replied, "I'm wondering, then, just how serious is my condition
because this prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS'."
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14105 on: January 07, 2022, 01:22:26 PM »
A clergyman walking down a country lane and sees a young farmer struggling to load hay back onto a cart after it had fallen off.
"You look hot, my son," said the cleric. "why don't you rest a moment, and I'll give you a hand."
"No thanks," said the young man. "My father wouldn't like it."
"Don't be silly," the minister said.
"Everyone is entitled to a break. Come and have a drink of water."
Again the young man protested that his father would be upset. Losing his patience, the clergyman said, "Your father must be a real slave driver. Tell me where I can find him and I'll give him a piece of my mind!"
"Well," replied the young farmer, "he's under the load of hay."

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14106 on: January 07, 2022, 08:33:25 PM »
It's still long, with split ends everywhere. The black faded long ago, now it's back to brown with scattered greys in there.

I'm ready. I'm anticipating the shocked reaction from everyone else and that's making me hesitant
I had a haircut on Thursday. Now I have a fringe (it sort of goes off to the sides because I have cowlicks).  The split ends were also cut off. And nobody has said a thing.

Not as drastic as a full shave though! Please post a pic of it?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14107 on: January 08, 2022, 05:19:25 AM »
I can post some before hair pics.
The problem is my trichotillomania  that I've had for like 25 years now. Right now I still have a big frizzy chunk of hair that's several inches shorter than the rest, and I have this curly cowlick on one side of my front hairline atm, all regrowth from hair pulling. I suppose I could get something like a wolf cut or subtle mullet but that costs money.

Right now I'm thinking about yesterday being my Second Life 15th Rezz Day, and if I should celebrate by actually logging in.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14108 on: January 08, 2022, 05:52:57 AM »
Yes, before hair pics please. :)

I must admit, I don't understand hair pulling very well. This is coming from someone who doesn't even pluck eyebrows.  I do try to get the silver hairs at the top of my head but I don't like doing it. Twenty five years is a long time. Do you know what triggered it?

Thinking about the German stamps I couldn't get out of the old album. They ended up ripping. I forgot that I have some stamps with Hitler on them. I wonder if they're worth anything.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14109 on: January 08, 2022, 10:56:07 AM »
The problem is my trichotillomania  that I've had for like 25 years now. Right now I still have a big frizzy chunk of hair that's several inches shorter than the rest, and I have this curly cowlick on one side of my front hairline atm, all regrowth from hair pulling. I suppose I could get something like a wolf cut or subtle mullet but that costs money.

Right now I'm thinking about yesterday being my Second Life 15th Rezz Day, and if I should celebrate by actually logging in.

Yeah, our daughter, Amber, has trichotillomania since she was dx'd with AS and ADD.  It was a struggle for all of us at first, but over the years its become as just something that's a part of her.  I just have to make it a point to do a major vacuuming of her room once in a while to dehair it.  It's an unconscious thing on her part, like a stim. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14110 on: January 08, 2022, 11:38:14 AM »
I should take a shower but I can't be arsed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14111 on: January 09, 2022, 12:58:51 PM »
For three straight years a young attorney had been taking his brief vacations at the same country inn, once per year. During his last visit he'd finally managed to seduce the innkeeper's gorgeous daughter, so he couldn't wait to go there again.
Looking forward to an exciting few days, he dragged his suitcase up the stairs of the inn, then stopped short. There sat his lover with an infant on her lap!
"Helen, why didn't you write when you learned you were pregnant?" he cried. "I would have rushed up here, we could have gotten married, and the baby would have my name!"
"Well," she said, "when my folks found out about us and that I was pregnant, we sat up all night talking and talking and decided it would be better to have a bastard in the family than a lawyer."

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14112 on: January 10, 2022, 07:16:17 AM »

Yeah, our daughter, Amber, has trichotillomania since she was dx'd with AS and ADD.  It was a struggle for all of us at first, but over the years its become as just something that's a part of her.  I just have to make it a point to do a major vacuuming of her room once in a while to dehair it.  It's an unconscious thing on her part, like a stim.

Oh god. I don't bother buying vacuums with a turbo brush nozzle because the hair gets all tangled in them, and then when I pull the nozzle apart to get all the hair out I can't put it back together properly :laugh:
I'm literally stimming with my hair as I type this, trying to find the really wiry curly strands. The silver strands are a pulling temptation too.
There aren't any hairdressers here who have heard of trich. One time I went, the hairdresser pointed all the short regrowth out and loudly asked in a salon full of customers "Where did all this come from?"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14113 on: January 10, 2022, 08:09:54 AM »

I don't use the brush just the open tube sucking it all in.  As for hairdressers, the ones around us know trich very well.

Oh god. I don't bother buying vacuums with a turbo brush nozzle because the hair gets all tangled in them, and then when I pull the nozzle apart to get all the hair out I can't put it back together properly :laugh:
I'm literally stimming with my hair as I type this, trying to find the really wiry curly strands. The silver strands are a pulling temptation too.
There aren't any hairdressers here who have heard of trich. One time I went, the hairdresser pointed all the short regrowth out and loudly asked in a salon full of customers "Where did all this come from?"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14114 on: January 11, 2022, 03:25:06 PM »
Microsoft Windows is fucking awful.

- Albert Einstein