Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201389 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13995 on: November 12, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »

Today is the day!
We will either be accepted or rejected by six PM this evening.
We are awaiting the final hour and we have a good chunk to use for bidding that we did not have last week.

Fingers crossed.

We won the bidding war. It was supposed to be called at Six PM, but the company kept extending the time with each bid. It was after Seven PM when they called us victorious and I was sweating from pacing and my stomach felt like a monarch swarm, but wet and bubbly.

Went by this morning to make sure the sign was down. It wasn't. I took care of it.

With a little more luck and time to handle all the details and things just continue to fall into place, we may have found our new home.

:2thumbsup:

Haven't spent so much time on the phone since I was still in business (and these days, responding to HOT urgent emails) than through all this shit!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13996 on: November 12, 2021, 07:38:49 PM »

"Phase One in which Doris gets her oats"
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13997 on: November 12, 2021, 07:54:29 PM »

We won the bidding war.

Congratulations.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13998 on: November 12, 2021, 11:03:31 PM »

We won the bidding war.

Congratulations.
:thumbup:

Thanks. Keep positive thought going our way!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13999 on: November 13, 2021, 08:59:28 AM »
Congratulations! Hope it continues to go well.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14000 on: November 13, 2021, 10:05:56 AM »
slowly, but surely getting myself ready for another night of working at the temple of the Walton Clan.   :GA:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14001 on: November 15, 2021, 10:35:27 AM »

We won the bidding war.

Congratulations.

:2thumbsup:

NOW, sittting with my phone in hand, playing Empires and Puzzles  (I'm Sarge if you play, too. I've been around a while I'm kind of a bad ass in the game) and awaiting life changing phone callls from a number of sources. Not going to be a good day, until it ois all over!!

Firming my upper lip, laying my shoulder to the wheel, holding my ear to the ... and ... waiting and waiting ...
Thanks for your good thoughts.
 :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14002 on: November 15, 2021, 10:43:59 AM »
On a more positive note, I have found a secure, bonded and insured company willing to move all my guns and collections, safely. :viking:  :tinfoil:  :viking:

I will have to pay them out of my own pocket, but the pussyfooting around with the other company, hemming and hawing crap, them not wanting to touch anything other than a couch or a few plates or pictures, is done.

Pretty sure this will work for me.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 10:57:51 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14003 on: November 15, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »
 :facepalm2:  Me, getting home with the pizza fixings, etc.  And realizing I forgot the crust!   OY   :facepalm2:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14004 on: November 15, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »

Never really talked much about my philately interests and the valuable items I have held since my childhood and teens (maybe late twenties when I became tooo busy to keep up, but who's counting? Probably only about some low two figure number of thousands of value anyway), but I need to move these safely as well. Having a company actually help me with some of this is a great blessing.

Going forth, "My Estate"  (as I portray laughingly) will be in good hands with this company I chose, I hope, it seems, I pray.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14005 on: November 15, 2021, 11:34:58 AM »
:facepalm2:  Me, getting home with the pizza fixings, etc.  And realizing I forgot the crust!   OY   :facepalm2:

DOH!!

Sorry. It was just too easy.
My mind is full right now anyway.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14006 on: November 15, 2021, 04:52:24 PM »

Well, Pizza is built, lots of sauce, sliced black olives,  fresh sliced mushrooms pan fried in butter, shredded cheddar cheese with a mix of parmesan cheese (at Carla's request) with a scattering of bacon bits as the final topping.  Just waiting for the oven to heat up to 450 and cook till done.  So glad I learned how to do my own cooking and experiment with food successfully.  Of course being married to a woman who is a whiz at cooking has helped me up my game in the kitchen!  Not bad for an old fart!   8)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14007 on: November 15, 2021, 08:22:09 PM »
Good night, children...............everywhere.................... :kitten: :nicegear:  Time to listen to some tunes on youtube...........gotta clean out some brain worms from walmart radio. :headhurts:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14008 on: November 16, 2021, 03:39:54 PM »
Good night, children...............everywhere.................... :kitten: :nicegear:  Time to listen to some tunes on youtube...........gotta clean out some brain worms from walmart radio. :headhurts:

I'm going to listen to some Artie Shaw... because the tunes from Walmart Radio annoy the shit out of me as well... and I'm the janitor  :'(

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14009 on: November 16, 2021, 10:29:32 PM »

I'm going to listen to some Artie Shaw... because the tunes from Walmart Radio annoy the shit out of me as well... and I'm the janitor  :'(

Any walmart worker with noise sensitivity and decent musical taste would find wallymart radio irritating....no matter if it's a maintenance worker or a caps 2 worker.  Walmart "radio" sucks bigtime and the "dj's" are the suckiest.  "corporate radio", aka, consumer propaganda.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:30:12 AM by rock hound »