Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201939 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13980 on: November 02, 2021, 07:05:12 AM »
I shall get the bottom half of the glass sliding doors frosted. That is my solution, so the cats can't see outside at night.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #13981 on: November 03, 2021, 11:56:15 AM »
Why am I not getting topic reply notifications in my Gmail!!!??????
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13982 on: November 04, 2021, 07:57:57 PM »
Beginning to wonder if mcmanslag and his sock puppet minions have any power here.   >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13983 on: November 04, 2021, 08:42:59 PM »
Wondering how to successfully take advantage of Bunnings' "we'll beat it by 10%" guarantee if I can only get the same competitively priced product from Big W via click & collect (I'm still not fully vaxxed so I cant go in and take a photo of how much stock they have).
Big W $42 vs Bunnings $52.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13984 on: November 05, 2021, 06:01:46 AM »
^ Mission impossible as it turns out, as there's no way Big W can ever fulfill a click and collect order the same day that you order, which is a condition of Bunning's price match (has to be obtainable that day elsewhere as well)  :finger:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13985 on: November 05, 2021, 04:18:25 PM »
I might as well reinvent what I am going for in my ideas... My ideas for my stories need clarity, and in order for that clarity to work, I'm going to continue reading as much as I can.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13986 on: November 08, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »

I have a tough time not enjoying my grapefruit this time of year while they are fresh and available FRESH and plentiful.
The 'staten I take to lower my serum "bad" cholesterol suffers interference by the grapefruit, causing the effectiveness of the drug to be reduced.

After an involved conversation with my doctor, she assures me that if I take the staten at night after all midnight snacks and such are done AND I only eat my grapefruit in the morning, there will not be enough interaction to worry about.

I am going to trust her.
 :worship:

Next blood test is in two months. I'll find out then if I should continue to trust ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13987 on: November 08, 2021, 03:31:21 PM »

From here? Check your spam folder. Plus, SMF is rather unreliable with sending them.

Having said which, I'll see if something is weird in the db.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13988 on: November 08, 2021, 03:32:22 PM »
Beginning to wonder if mcmanslag and his sock puppet minions have any power here.   >:(

I doubt it. Sorry you're having trouble, tho.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13989 on: November 08, 2021, 03:48:50 PM »

From here? Check your spam folder. Plus, SMF is rather unreliable with sending them.

It seems to have resolved itself for some reason.  For awhile I was not getting any, yet when I went to the site it showed that there were new replies.  So it seems to be all good for now.  I remember now that SMF was quirky in the past. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13990 on: November 08, 2021, 03:51:52 PM »

It seems to have resolved itself for some reason.  For awhile I was not getting any, yet when I went to the site it showed that there were new replies.  So it seems to be all good for now.  I remember now that SMF was quirky in the past.

Glad to hear it. SMF is not good at this - or maybe it's our host. Both have given us grief in the past.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13991 on: November 11, 2021, 10:51:19 AM »

Today is the day!
We will either be accepted or rejected by six PM this evening.
We are awaiting the final hour and we have a good chunk to use for bidding that we did not have last week.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13992 on: November 11, 2021, 11:31:12 AM »

Speaking of silver (in another thread), I am running up against problems with the moving company regarding valuables like my huge collection of coinage and mass of bulk silver.

I thought my two large Browning safes and one smaller Prestige safe full of weaponry collectibles would be the biggest problem. I am still troubled about the logistics side of this dilemma. More figuring to do with this.

They have to inventory every item of value they move. I have one hundred fifty eight rolls of silver half dollars, fifty something rolls of silver quarters and over three hundred rolls of silver dimes from my efforts at bank scrounging over the past few years, stored secretly in my "bolted to the concrete" safes. I have posted about a few successes, but many more lackluster trips have happened. It adds up eventually.

I do have a complete inventory of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING copied in multiple locations for insurance purposes. I'm there, but not sure how much comfort I can ever know from allowing a few random guys working for a third party company to see, let alone record,  all this "wealth."

I have ordered a third LARGE Browning safe. Moving my collection of weaponry will be done by my own hands. I will not allow anyone to inventory my fifty year old collection! Just need a place to deliver the new safe now, other than my own (soon to disintegrate) garage.

Troubling! :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13993 on: November 12, 2021, 01:22:23 AM »

Today is the day!
We will either be accepted or rejected by six PM this evening.
We are awaiting the final hour and we have a good chunk to use for bidding that we did not have last week.

Fingers crossed.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13994 on: November 12, 2021, 01:23:53 AM »
I need new crossword puzzles today.

- Albert Einstein