Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201378 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13935 on: October 01, 2021, 12:07:49 PM »

You are admitting this, publicly?

:autism:

That I chuckled? Yup, sure. Or do you mean meditation in general? Yup, sure, that too.

It would be awesome if it worked for me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13936 on: October 01, 2021, 12:13:23 PM »
Trying not to think. :P

... of?

Curious about the blockage to NOT Thinking?

Not thinking comes easy at times, not so with current troubles here.

My brain is always on about something but every now and then it would be nice to just take a nap. Hence the comment.

I can't not think, and sometimes it's a problem.

Carla and I call it the "hamster wheel" of thoughts.  Most often occurring at 3-4 am.

Oh, before then too.

I like "hamster wheel of thoughts" because it never stops. Although quite a bit of it is useful.

Oh yes, sometimes as soon as I lay in bed, the Hamster Wheel starts turning.  And yes, sometimes in the dark and quiet, a useful thought does pop in and provides some clarity.

It's a hamster wheel because it doesn't stop, but it's useful more often than not. I hate having to sleep. I hate going to bed. OTOH, I hate waking up.

I'm pretty sure my internal clock's day is a lot longer than average. The damned thing is probably a Taiwanese knockoff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #13937 on: October 01, 2021, 01:51:03 PM »
Took a long walk today and was in the mood for meditative walking, letting thoughts come and go in my mind.  Thought of Scrap, an abandoned house, some doggies giving me the watchful eye as I walked by, keeping an eye on the ground on the chance that I may spot something of interest to me (zilch--oh well).  Got a close up view of a Turkey Vulture eyeing a road kill critter for its next meal.  Hoping it will not get hit by busy traffic at this time.  A really big bird closeup, magnificent bird!  Put my walking stick away and now contemplating a snack and some tea or other hot beverage.   :meditate: :chin:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13938 on: October 01, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »
Bought Dad some lunch... also the app that I used UberEats said there were insuciffent funds from last time... so I thought I would get it out of the way.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13939 on: October 02, 2021, 09:51:47 AM »
I swear one of the partners at work yesterday insinuated that I was a slut. Which is weird as I've been celibate for years.
Everyone was talking about someone promiscuous making jokey banter about them, and he turned to me in front of everyone and asked "are you like that?"

That's his peak level of respect for me right there.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13940 on: October 02, 2021, 02:18:19 PM »
I swear one of the partners at work yesterday insinuated that I was a slut. Which is weird as I've been celibate for years.
Everyone was talking about someone promiscuous making jokey banter about them, and he turned to me in front of everyone and asked "are you like that?"

I would have fired back "no...but I heard you were" :autism:

People are assholes.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13941 on: October 02, 2021, 02:22:27 PM »
I would have said, only with your momma.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13942 on: October 02, 2021, 06:21:29 PM »

I would have fired back "no...but I heard you were" :autism:

People are assholes.

Assholes and Two-faced Twats oh my  :o :o

I would have said, only with your momma.  :zoinks:

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13943 on: October 04, 2021, 04:54:22 AM »
^^^

I'd make a complaint about it but the second partner is a apathetic dick (unless it involves his staff who work directly with him), and the third one is a sexist pig with a history of sexually harrassing women in the past.

I can't interpret what's going on properly. I can hardly communicate on the same page with him anymore, even about work. All I know is that it, and other off comments designed to gaslight, make me awkward and ashamed, have been happening for a while.  He would play head games even more if I tried to do anything about it. I need to gear myself up for the trauma of trying to leave.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13944 on: October 04, 2021, 01:55:22 PM »
Looks like FB is down!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13945 on: October 04, 2021, 02:39:38 PM »
Oh noes! How will the world survive?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13946 on: October 04, 2021, 02:59:26 PM »
Oh noes! How will the world survive?

Now is the long dark teatime of the soul.  Seriously, considering what I saw about a whistleblower and her revealing that suckerberg is more concerned with his profits then with safety and consideration for his members.  I'm not surprised,  he has allowed hate speech and misinformation on his little empire.  His bots have suspended several of my friends accts. for speaking up against hate and misogyny.  His bots suspended me for 24 hours for calling out a trump humper, who is also a relative of Carla.  Right after the insurrection of 1/6.  Suckerberg wants to have his cake and eat it too. 

We shall see if this lasts.  The whistleblower was part of a 60 minutes article on tv.  I always felt that FB was gonna fail at some point.  Like MySpace.  Stay tuned.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13947 on: October 04, 2021, 05:25:14 PM »
Well, FB is back.  We shall see how long this lasts.   ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13948 on: October 04, 2021, 10:36:45 PM »

You are admitting this, publicly?

:autism:

That I chuckled? Yup, sure. Or do you mean meditation in general? Yup, sure, that too.

It would be awesome if it worked for me.

My expectations were high at first.

But as I progressed, my horse died.
 :deadhorse2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13949 on: October 04, 2021, 11:43:17 PM »

On a larger note, I will be showing up with fewer and fewer regularities or irregularities, depending upon just how oddly this all becomes tenable over the coming stretch of time.

I love all* of you in my way, believing that it will all work out for all of us, eventually.

*Yes, even you Oz.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.