Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201371 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13890 on: September 07, 2021, 05:46:32 AM »
As for self-destructive behaviour, that's slightly different. I do a lot of things that I shouldn't.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13891 on: September 07, 2021, 06:08:29 AM »
I am proud of my nephew and his eldest.

My "favorite nephew"  has a son of voting age and the son has taken his first wild boar this past weekend while bowhunting. I am not that much into the whole bow thing, fully equipped for any part of North or South America using my array of hunting rifles (maybe not Africa, but for buffalo, which are edible, but a ton of meat won't fit in my freezers) just never taken enough interest in bowhunting to have confidence like with my rifles.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13892 on: September 07, 2021, 06:11:39 AM »
As for self-destructive behaviour, that's slightly different. I do a lot of things that I shouldn't.

... and finding ones limits in order to exceed them is a part of life, maybe even a part of the main point.
 8)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13893 on: September 07, 2021, 01:38:00 PM »
I think'll have a beer now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13894 on: September 07, 2021, 02:30:03 PM »
Did that Kento Bento video ever get posted?

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13895 on: September 08, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »
Count Basie is good at a time like this... especially when I'm going back to work tomorrow listening to "Walmart Approved" Music -_-  :finger:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13896 on: September 09, 2021, 02:37:02 PM »
Glad this week is over soon.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13897 on: September 14, 2021, 09:43:29 PM »
I am proud of my nephew and his eldest.

My "favorite nephew"  has a son of voting age and the son has taken his first wild boar this past weekend while bowhunting. I am not that much into the whole bow thing, fully equipped for any part of North or South America using my array of hunting rifles (maybe not Africa, but for buffalo, which are edible, but a ton of meat won't fit in my freezers) just never taken enough interest in bowhunting to have confidence like with my rifles.

Around here, the average boar is around 120 - 135 pounds. His was only field dressed and weighed in at 111 pounds. Now you can expect the "average tub of pig guts" to weigh twenty five to forty pounds and taking a bit of "my story has to be better than yours" into the report, my grandnephew took a larger than average hog on his first attempt.

I'm proud of the kid. He's doing it. He will be able to feed a  future family from the land.

I am SO Jealous  (but mostly, PROUD!)  of the bow abilities.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13898 on: September 14, 2021, 09:56:43 PM »

I can't QFT this because it is an opinion which could be opposed very easily, but in an effort to agree on principal, I am building a large VIRTUAL monastery and sanctuary for those of us who agree.

Until then,  :GA:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13899 on: September 17, 2021, 04:58:39 PM »

I can't QFT this because it is an opinion which could be opposed very easily, but in an effort to agree on principal, I am building a large VIRTUAL monastery and sanctuary for those of us who agree.

Monasteries have on occasion been useful. I know of one in Prague that has been around since the middle ages and is still producing excellent beer. Their dark lager is to die for.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13900 on: September 17, 2021, 06:10:38 PM »
It's not that hard to look for dried mangoes anymore... the Aldis in my area carry them... and the ones I appreciate the most in my life are the Filipino Mangos and Pakistani/Indian ones.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13901 on: September 17, 2021, 08:59:56 PM »
It's not that hard to look for dried mangoes anymore... the Aldis in my area carry them... and the ones I appreciate the most in my life are the Filipino Mangos and Pakistani/Indian ones.
Aldi here has dried mangoes also, they're a favourite snack of mine.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13902 on: September 18, 2021, 08:09:04 AM »

Monasteries have on occasion been useful. I know of one in Prague that has been around since the middle ages and is still producing excellent beer. Their dark lager is to die for.

So, I am right or at the very least justifiable.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13903 on: September 18, 2021, 08:16:47 AM »

I seem to encounter more and more things that spin my brain into a kind of "Will Not Comply/Will Not Attempt to Compute/Just,NO" mode.

For instance, I have often bitched about the "We have people for that or Why don't you already have people for that?" scenarios.  This thinking by others rakes through my mind leaving wounds that never seem to scab over much before being torn open again.

Another is the "acceptance of responsibility"  statements by some, "I would NEVER do that to someone deliberately, at least not on purpose."

:hair:
 :zombiefuck:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13904 on: September 18, 2021, 08:28:39 AM »
Yeah, somebody's gotta be the "people for that".  :P

As for the second one though... you ever seen the Narcissist's Prayer meme?

The Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did, you deserved it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.