Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201368 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13740 on: April 10, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
 :lol1:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13741 on: April 10, 2021, 03:43:20 PM »
^My Dali speakers are sounding better every day now. So happy with them.

Would love to hear them.

:turns green:

You're always welcome here. I'd treat you to the garage setup, too. :)

Best I can do for the near future is to wish. I think I mentioned ...

I thought of you when I discovered that our new "weather girl" is Swedish. Pretty sure YOU would claim her as a Swede without even waiting for the result of "Question Number 1" and even maybe CLAIM her, but you would have to compete. Amazing looker.

:eyebrows:

For the kind of "dirty" sound my computer setup usually has to deliver - Spotify, for example, doesn't output a decent bitrate, most of the time so there's not much to work with - I am still amazed. Thinking I'll need to bypass the rubbish soundcard and go for a proper DAC. I have a Fiio headphone amp that can double as one, but it's battery-driven only which is annoying.

Any ideas for a decent one that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13742 on: April 10, 2021, 03:46:42 PM »

Would love to hear them.

I thought of you when I discovered that our new "weather girl" is Swedish. Pretty sure YOU would claim her as a Swede without even waiting for the result of "Question Number 1" and even maybe CLAIM her, but you would have to compete. Amazing looker.

BTW, once I can claim to own the LARGEST, MOST POWERFUL Studio Monitors that JBL ever made, I will want to show off my expertise in craftwork. But you are already invited many times over.

Just Not until we relocate our residence, please, unless you come to pack boxes. ;^)

One day, mate. I'm stuck here for now since our jabs are still months away but you're on my list when I get to travel to your part of the world.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13743 on: April 10, 2021, 03:48:18 PM »
I'd completely forgotten that little detail about Peter McKenzie!  :laugh:

:LMAO:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13744 on: April 10, 2021, 08:49:15 PM »
Now we reach the point where crush boi is analysing himself trying to determine how he gives off gay vibes.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13745 on: April 10, 2021, 09:41:09 PM »
Drive-by shooting one town over.... oh shit -__-

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13746 on: April 11, 2021, 05:52:26 AM »
Thinking I should log out.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13747 on: April 12, 2021, 07:32:49 AM »
In the future when I hopefully have more time and space, I will endeavour to upcycle/refurbish my computer desk :snowman:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13748 on: April 12, 2021, 07:47:13 PM »
I need to learn to be more sanitary before I live on my own...

It's weird admitting this, especially since I'm a guy who cleans a big box store part time

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13749 on: April 12, 2021, 08:08:27 PM »

It's weird admitting this, especially since I'm a guy who cleans a big box store part time
First job out of highschool was residential cleaning. Cleaning all day as a job can definitely ruin one for cleaning after work. Bedroom and bath, a small personal daily commitment will quickly form habits and make a big difference. Horizontal surfaces are what makes a space appear messy. Quickly make the bed, pick up anything on the floor, empty the tops of furniture and the bathroom counter. Instant big tidy impact which only takes about five minutes. Then devote ten minutes per day actually cleaning something. Fifteen minutes per day is pretty easy to commit to, and very soon everything will get cleaned and that fifteen minutes is enough to always maintain it.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13750 on: April 12, 2021, 08:21:08 PM »

First job out of highschool was residential cleaning. Cleaning all day as a job can definitely ruin one for cleaning after work. Bedroom and bath, a small personal daily commitment will quickly form habits and make a big difference. Horizontal surfaces are what makes a space appear messy. Quickly make the bed, pick up anything on the floor, empty the tops of furniture and the bathroom counter. Instant big tidy impact which only takes about five minutes. Then devote ten minutes per day actually cleaning something. Fifteen minutes per day is pretty easy to commit to, and very soon everything will get cleaned and that fifteen minutes is enough to always maintain it.

Thank You!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13751 on: April 12, 2021, 08:50:33 PM »

Thank You!
It doesn't even have to be done all at once, but the quick horizontal tidy would be best before leaving for work. It will be nice to return home to it. Also, just properly closing things also makes a big visual difference in things looking tidy, closet doors, cabinets and drawers, shower curtain, the lid on the toilet.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13752 on: April 13, 2021, 06:35:18 AM »
Got easily pissed off, then started listening to Depeche Mode when a family friend had to make a "Great God!" reference.

Sure... I get he is great and mighty.... but why am I stuck with religious guilt, and a paradox that keeps repeating EVERY FUCKING TWO YEARS!?!
Often I GET what you're thinking, even identify with some elements of the thought at times.

Now, not so much.
Different words, maybe?

Elemental comment; I all in with Depeche Mode, mostly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13753 on: April 13, 2021, 08:00:27 AM »

Would love to hear them.

:eyebrows:

For the kind of "dirty" sound my computer setup usually has to deliver - Spotify, for example, doesn't output a decent bitrate, most of the time so there's not much to work with - I am still amazed. Thinking I'll need to bypass the rubbish soundcard and go for a proper DAC. I have a Fiio headphone amp that can double as one, but it's battery-driven only which is annoying.

Any ideas for a decent one that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg?

Even with my ancient and failing ears, I doubt that we will ever be satisfied with any streaming service or computer thingy doing its best. The convenience outweighs so many other issues, I continue to play music through my computer systems.

I have several DACs, but using a good tube based amp for headphones helps a bunch.

I have used an older version of this Decware product since before I ever registered here at Intensity Squared. Many similar products are available, but this guy is very reliable and I HAVE one. Recommending this company is easy.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/CSP3.html
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13754 on: April 13, 2021, 11:41:32 AM »
I've listened to a few tube amps but never really got as far as buying one. That one looks pretty awesome, though. I especially like the output range.

But I really need to spend on a decent DAC first. My use case while working is pretty much limited to the computer, so that needs to be taken care of.

- Albert Einstein