Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201416 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13680 on: March 14, 2021, 04:39:48 AM »
If I'm like a brother to you, then why the flirting and mixed signals... and that one time you were um.... you know... not wearing anything? :(

You know I'm just flirty. Honestly, I did not know you were watching me, but if you were watching and not doing much about it, who's sending me mixed messages?

Huh?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13681 on: March 14, 2021, 04:44:26 AM »
 :asthing:
OK, OT

I hate bubble bump hugs. Like when two peoples' weirdness spheres slightly come nearly into proximity with each other, couple of hand pats and they call that a hug?
That's not a hug.

If you have resolved your sensibilities to suffer the indignity of hugging ME, you are in for the full ride, damnit!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13682 on: March 14, 2021, 04:46:20 AM »
The scale my family has at home is off by 20 lbs (not sure the ratio in kg to be honest)

We have no scale that I trust, but it seems as if my faulty belt continues to stretch.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13683 on: March 14, 2021, 04:52:18 AM »
I spent the week with my eldest son and his family. He has changed a lot in the short time I've known him. He looks more like me than ever.   (But he has the mischievousness and goatee of my Uncle Glen)

He married a bubble bump hugger, I thought. During the visit the impression was that she really only bubble bump hugs certain people and those she feels obligated to show a courtesy, but NOT a part of her "family" just get a bubble bump, not a hug.

:-\
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:10:59 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13684 on: March 14, 2021, 05:00:38 AM »
I haven't heard of bubble bump hugging before but now that I know of it, I'm fairly sure my sister does it. I prefer real hugs that are satisfying.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13685 on: March 14, 2021, 05:23:16 AM »
I haven't heard of bubble bump hugging before but now that I know of it, I'm fairly sure my sister does it. I prefer real hugs that are satisfying.

I just now put the expression together as I was typing.
I doubt that I am the first to notice. I just decided to group similar behaviors into a stereotype in my mind.

I am guilty of "labeling."  Can you help me?

:dunno:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13686 on: March 14, 2021, 05:58:13 AM »
The local writer's manuscript, along with all its lawyers and prima donna players that I found in an auction lot I recently purchased has "come calling!"

I am now required by a state court to turn over the property, and any documentation that I have acquired since its purchase, to the courts, just to establish its authenticity and help to determine proper ownership.

I never wanted to be in anything like this. It was MY county sheriff's deputy who knocked on my door (absolutely amazing hunk of a MAN, TBH), "While I Had Family Visiting From Texas, PLEASE!!," and made me aware that my notifications to the family in question have been recorded by the court already and I have ten days to comply with the court order.

OK, now wait a minute.
What court order?......  well, apparently, the manuscript was hidden from the family and the wishes of a person I have never before heard words of were in the process of being "finalized"  when he died. He had hidden the manuscript from his annoying family while he worked through its succession toward his end. Never finished.

Now, we living must finish what ever began long ago. He died twelve years ago and just last month was the auction to settle the estate? I had clues along the way. WTF am I in the middle of?

I posted that I would freely give back the manuscript to the family, but according to the Deputy Sheriff, I can not do so, without first following the court's decision to turn over the property to the court for full establishment of its authenticity and ownership. Yeah, well, it's a yellowed ream of old faded inked over pages, encased in a leather satchel thingy that was a surprise when I found it.

I am pretty sure that I bought it legally at an auction, specifically created to settle, once and for all, the final distribution of all properties left by "one , if referenced further within this document shall be simply referenced as the decedent."

I also HATE "referenced as."  It just feels wrong!!  Now, I have a legal document requiring me to do something that doesn't even make sense, if we agree that we are actually conducting this business in ENGLISH!!!!  The, "mother fucker!!" and a few other explitives are assumed.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:01:09 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13687 on: March 14, 2021, 05:38:56 PM »
That stinks a kind deed turned into an offensive demand. Because of that, doubt there will even be a thank you. It was still a very nice thing to do.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #13688 on: March 14, 2021, 05:56:05 PM »
Well, the karens certainly love to shop on the weekends.  ::)  I'm working in the paper aisles and this "lady" comes up to me and asks "where's the pet food?"  I tell her that they are located across the Rochester NH walmart near lawn and garden.  All the way across our store.  She gets angry and proceeds to tell me that she obtained pet food near  the grocery section not long ago.  So I calmly reply that in our store there is no pet food near grocery.  That makes her angrier and she huffs off  and says,  "I know I got it here, a short time ago, so that is a lie!"  I say nothing and turn back to doing my job, put my hands in the air and say nothing.  The customer waiting for me to help him just looks after her with a degree of shock.  I help him, he is nice and respectful and that ends that. Anywho, I tell my mgr and coworkers about it and they are as disgusted with behaviors like that as well.  Now one thing I need to mention, all walmarts are not the same.  One walmart nearby DOES have pet food next to the paper aisles, which is right across from the grocery section.  The walmart in Newington also has pet food near grocery.  These are also smaller walmarts than ours.  I really hope she went to complain about me.  They would have explained the same thing.  She probably didn't.  Customers love to vent their spleen on us "lowly peons".  😜
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13689 on: March 15, 2021, 04:48:14 AM »
I must begin deep cleaning my kitchen one day.

One thing I'm worried about when getting the new oven is the mess that will be there when the old oven is removed. I've never cleaned down the sides or underneath my oven. I hope the electrician installer man has seen worse  :-[

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13690 on: March 17, 2021, 09:23:35 PM »

So some random "Joe Swillhardy fellow" stops in a snow storm to offer help to a person and a few more and the "incident" headlined the evening national news? WTF!!??

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13691 on: March 18, 2021, 04:26:24 AM »
There's gonna be some serious flooding in Kempsey over the weekend. I already have a rough idea of where all the localised stuff happens. I'm interested in this from a house hunting perspective. Obviously I will avoid houses that flood, but what about ones that get cut off....?
There's a nice little 1.5 acre block for sale. Downside is, it's 60m from the Pacific Hwy. Upside is, I can park on the hwy whenever the local access road is cut off by water.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13692 on: March 18, 2021, 04:15:47 PM »
The scale my family has at home is off by 20 lbs (not sure the ratio in kg to be honest)

We have no scale that I trust, but it seems as if my faulty belt continues to stretch.

I have one of those too. Rotten quality, that's what it is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13693 on: March 18, 2021, 04:18:50 PM »
Thinking about sound. Replacement headphones arrived today and my new desktop speakers are starting to sound decent now. Time to run some pink noise through that system soon.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13694 on: March 19, 2021, 07:46:57 AM »
Jesus now thinking about it maybe we should have sandbagged the doors at the other office!

But then thinking about it again........ Nah  :zoinks: