Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13635 on: February 14, 2021, 04:30:39 AM »
Can I just go back to bed now? Wake me up when it's spring, please.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13636 on: February 14, 2021, 10:04:17 PM »
:bounce: :bounce:
:nerdy:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13637 on: February 20, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
Time flies. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13638 on: February 26, 2021, 02:40:15 PM »
Have only mentioned to my cool friends here, but I've been doing woodwork  to help me wDS and made tw80
enty threebrd feeders. Easier than pooping right at this point. I also have rejuvated my interest in photography a  bit. I have SO many  nature pics of birds that I will need to share. Life is good.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13639 on: February 26, 2021, 04:38:44 PM »
I haven't done stuff with colored penicils in a while.... maybe that would be a good color study before some oil painting projects?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13640 on: February 26, 2021, 07:23:44 PM »
 :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13641 on: February 26, 2021, 08:02:35 PM »
Mom is busy with a Miss Marple mystery, and Dad is trying to take a nap but still miserable.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13642 on: February 26, 2021, 08:42:34 PM »
Have only mentioned to my cool friends here, but I've been doing woodwork  to help me wDS and made tw80
enty threebrd feeders. Easier than pooping right at this point. I also have rejuvated my interest in photography a  bit. I have SO many  nature pics of birds that I will need to share. Life is good.
There's usually a lot of birds visiting the feeders here in the winter. Not so much this year. It's been cooler than usual this year, so they may have gone somewhere warmer instead. What's the plan for so many bird feeders? Gifts?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13643 on: February 26, 2021, 09:25:11 PM »

Sorry, folks, but I was trying to post while at the park using my cell phone and some kind of auto correct nonsense either didn't work well or couldn't keep up with my own misspellings.

I was trying to explain my abscence lately and, at the same time, brag about having hand built twenty three (thus far) wooden bird feeders.

Seeems like the entire microwave network is broken, right now. Not really cold anymore. I mean below freezing by a fair margin at tnight and above freezing during the sunny dayys. It's February and I am managing my expectations better. I promise.

Oh, and so I was trying to post when my daughter slipped and fell on an embankment while walking the dog and she hurt herself some. No doctory stuff, but nice bruise from the ice. Kind of changed the subject of bragging about building bird feeders.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:27:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13644 on: February 26, 2021, 09:53:29 PM »
There's usually a lot of birds visiting the feeders here in the winter. Not so much this year. It's been cooler than usual this year, so they may have gone somewhere warmer instead. What's the plan for so many bird feeders? Gifts?

Well, yeah. I have given them all away so far, except for a few.  It wasn't a plan. I started looking at my need for a new bird feeder and looking at what shite was available to buy. Then My wood pile came into view. All my bro's in law are set for life.
I just kept on building until I was out of suitable scrap wood. I now have seven in my yard AND a vey athletic squireel family who have defested every attempt to prevent them from stealiong from my birdss. :hahaha:

I wanted one easier to refill. I started tryintg things.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13645 on: February 26, 2021, 10:40:45 PM »

That bit sort of explains that earlier, stupid post. I can not explain why I thought posting from a cell phone was a good idea. I may need some help here.

Mainly though, quite a lot lately, I have been missing live music. Even though I have hardly been active for a few years, NOW, it is starting to hurt, to not even be able to seek out such experiences.

I'm afraid the pain will only grow more profound and sharpen before the situation gets better.
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13646 on: February 27, 2021, 05:22:00 AM »

Well, yeah. I have given them all away so far, except for a few.  It wasn't a plan. I started looking at my need for a new bird feeder and looking at what shite was available to buy. Then My wood pile came into view. All my bro's in law are set for life.
I just kept on building until I was out of suitable scrap wood. I now have seven in my yard AND a vey athletic squireel family who have defested every attempt to prevent them from stealiong from my birdss. :hahaha:

I wanted one easier to refill. I started tryintg things.
Husband was also frustrated by the squirrels raiding the bird feeders, so fashioned the feeders to a tall pole which can be lowered to refill them. The pole has a metal slinky toy over it. There have been a couple times over the years a squirrel has managed to make it to the top, but it's very rare and has worked well.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13647 on: February 28, 2021, 01:18:42 AM »
Not really frustrated. The birds make a bigger mess and the squirrels clean some of it. I can't hate on squirrels, being a good Dawg and all.

I just have to accept the squirrels, too. In fact, I am more fascinated watching squirrels, sometimes. I'll have to dig up a pic from a few years ago showing a Ninja, fucking Mission Impossible, Tom Cruise, MI, DoubleO, Batfoot, hanging upside down, marauding, assassin ...

I went to find it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:24:12 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13648 on: February 28, 2021, 01:25:29 AM »

That summer was the beginning of my need to improve my bird feeders.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13649 on: February 28, 2021, 01:29:43 AM »
^Wow!  :o That's some agility right there!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae