Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 202775 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13545 on: January 07, 2021, 08:56:09 AM »
The face board on one of the doors I need to paint is...I dunno how to describe it...all frayed/fluffy on the bottom of the door due to scraping along the floor. Now I'm not sure whether to use a planer or surform blade to trim it all back smooth. I'd prefer a surform blade since one is cheaper to buy. I can't even find a definitive answer as to what type of wood composite material it's even made of. MDF? Particle board? What?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #13546 on: January 07, 2021, 11:13:11 AM »
So, I am in FB jail for telling a rumpolini supporter to "fuck off".  I have 13 hours left in my sentence!  Oh well, I wonder if this gives me street cred?   :-*  It was a friend and her sister who got my goat!  Well, not a friend anymore.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #13547 on: January 07, 2021, 05:29:25 PM »
Why are Trump supporters acting like the end of the world? Causing all this chaos WILL NOT CHANGE THE RESULTS. Get over it!
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13548 on: January 07, 2021, 06:21:10 PM »
Why are Trump supporters acting like the end of the world? Causing all this chaos WILL NOT CHANGE THE RESULTS. Get over it!

It's called delusions and being incited by an incompetent deranged spoiled narcissist! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13549 on: January 07, 2021, 08:09:48 PM »
Dad started out as a janitor when we came back to the states... he went on to be a PCT again after that...

I'm a Walmart Janitor, and I still have no idea what would work for me (practically that is)

A few days ago. the walmart maintenance man was running ragged.  It seemed every 20 minutes I would hear, "Maintenance here or there for a wet spill."  I felt so sorry for them and so angry at the customers for being douche bags.

I always get annoyed when they call me for the wet spills... especially if I was in a midde of a task, or not the only one there -_-

I understand that.  Because those calls always seemed to come when they were on break or on another spill.  And the customer service announcers can get nasty, especially if a wet spill is in THEIR area.  No matter how small.   >:(

I only became maintenance because that was what was assigned to me... sure I sucked at the beginning, yet I got better

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13550 on: January 07, 2021, 09:02:43 PM »
Dad started out as a janitor when we came back to the states... he went on to be a PCT again after that...

I'm a Walmart Janitor, and I still have no idea what would work for me (practically that is)

A few days ago. the walmart maintenance man was running ragged.  It seemed every 20 minutes I would hear, "Maintenance here or there for a wet spill."  I felt so sorry for them and so angry at the customers for being douche bags.

I always get annoyed when they call me for the wet spills... especially if I was in a midde of a task, or not the only one there -_-

I understand that.  Because those calls always seemed to come when they were on break or on another spill.  And the customer service announcers can get nasty, especially if a wet spill is in THEIR area.  No matter how small.   >:(

I only became maintenance because that was what was assigned to me... sure I sucked at the beginning, yet I got better

I have a greater empathy for maintenance people at walmart.  Caps 2 gets treated like shit.  Maintenance gets it worse!  At least at my store!

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13551 on: January 07, 2021, 11:19:10 PM »

I have a greater empathy for maintenance people at walmart.  Caps 2 gets treated like shit.  Maintenance gets it worse!  At least at my store!

Maintenance people are treated okay at the store I am in... it's just back when I started, the other maintenance guy who was supposed to train me decided that he hated me.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13552 on: January 09, 2021, 02:11:47 AM »
Most people would call me crazy but Sydney looks like the place to be right now; rents are plummeting! (lack of international students and people making the exodus to...well, my town). I could get an inner suburb 2BR unit close to the train station for $400/wk. I know the amount still sounds nuts but it's only $50/wk more than the same thing here.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13553 on: January 09, 2021, 05:18:43 AM »
Can I just please go back to bed? :yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13554 on: January 09, 2021, 06:26:02 AM »
Can I just please go back to bed? :yawn:

Sure, it's fancy, it's called a siesta.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13555 on: January 09, 2021, 02:24:58 PM »
Just hiding in my room... working on a few projects, a lot could happen...., right?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13556 on: January 10, 2021, 03:45:28 AM »
Thinking about various automation tasks I want to add to my Home Assistant setup.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13557 on: January 10, 2021, 11:53:56 AM »
Sugarbutt has always been my hero. :heart:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13558 on: January 13, 2021, 11:58:33 AM »
That's a somewhat disturbing statement.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13559 on: January 13, 2021, 02:50:03 PM »
He fixes all my broken stuff, and rescues me when I'm in over my head. :heart:
:gopher: