Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 202101 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13395 on: September 01, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »
I think my dog has an addiction issue with goldfish crackers  :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13396 on: September 24, 2020, 10:20:28 AM »

Rough couple of weeks.
I was hospitalized for a spider bite. My left arm became very red and infected. You could see very large vein in my arm and it was purplish red. Five days in the hospital can take a toll. 
The actual point of the bite only got swollen and red, but my arm became numb, very sore and with the discoloration in my veins, I decided to go to the ER.

I knew what it was and killed it, because the bite itched immediately and I scratched at it under my sleeve, killing the spider. I could see immediately what kind it was and they are very common here. I took the time to catch one to take to the doctor with me once my arm began to worry me.

Three days home from hospital, my oldest aunt died after fighting Covid-19 for three months. She was quarantined in a nursing home in Texas. 87 years old and had some light dementia symptoms, but she could not understand why the flu keeps coming back. You get the flu and you are sick for a few days then everything goes back to normal she had said. As if there can ever be a  "normal"  again.

On the way back from the funeral, here at home again (I had driven down to Texas for the funeral), stopped at a traffic signal two cars got into a wreck right in front of us and totalled my Traverse. Car slammed right into the front tire breaking the transaxle.

So, new car, now.

Rough couple of weeks.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13397 on: September 24, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
^^ sorry to hear all that, DD .  Glad you survived and glad to see you back :) even if you are an old curmudgeon  :P
I'm curious as to what kind of spider it was, exactly ? must be quite a worry, if they're common.  Are they providing you with am epi pen in case of future bites?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13398 on: September 24, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »
Glad you're still in one piece.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13399 on: September 24, 2020, 01:19:28 PM »

Thanks, folks. I managed to not "fold" and the cards just got worse and worse.

Like my newish car. Got another Traverse, burgandy, 2017.

Not really my color, but my wife loves it. I'm a white car guy, at heart.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13400 on: September 24, 2020, 01:29:58 PM »
^^ sorry to hear all that, DD .  Glad you survived and glad to see you back :) even if you are an old curmudgeon  :P
I'm curious as to what kind of spider it was, exactly ? must be quite a worry, if they're common.  Are they providing you with am epi pen in case of future bites?

No epi pen.

The spider is called a pillbug spider or woodlouse spider (main diet), Dysdera crocata, not native but been here for over a hundred years, now common. Doc saw no evidence of allergic reaction in my system, just the location of the bite caused problems. Hit me right over a major vein and although it did not puncture that deeply the venom quickly went straight into my system and began paralyzing and pre-digesting me.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13401 on: September 24, 2020, 02:28:05 PM »
I'm so confused right now.... although I do lead myself to a period of confusion.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13402 on: September 24, 2020, 02:54:12 PM »
Hit me right over a major vein and although it did not puncture that deeply the venom quickly went straight into my system and began paralyzing and pre-digesting me.
:zombiefuck:

Heck, i can barely even think about that without gibbering.  It's that word "pre-digesting" that does it.   :zombiefuck:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13403 on: September 25, 2020, 06:04:18 AM »
^So glad you're OK, DD, and sorry for your loss.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13404 on: September 25, 2020, 06:42:44 AM »

No epi pen.

The spider is called a pillbug spider or woodlouse spider (main diet), Dysdera crocata, not native but been here for over a hundred years, now common. Doc saw no evidence of allergic reaction in my system, just the location of the bite caused problems. Hit me right over a major vein and although it did not puncture that deeply the venom quickly went straight into my system and began paralyzing and pre-digesting me.
That is so bizarre. Woodlouse spider bites don't normally cause that reaction but a brown recluse spider would. I had the same reaction when I was bitten by one when I was pregnant with my oldest.

So glad you're still in one piece though after everything you've been through. :hug:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #13405 on: September 25, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
Woah, unlucky shot  :zombiefuck:

We have those here, usually found under logs/rocks/wherever you'd expect to find woodlice etc. Aggressive fuckers but the bite's not usually worse than a wasp sting. You rolled a 1 pal. Glad you're on the mend.

Sorry about your aunt DD. Covid's a bitch  :(
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13406 on: September 25, 2020, 11:03:53 PM »
My grandmother was obsessive about those spiders... so obsessive that she kept a journal with newspaper clippings. She was deathly afraid of them, yet she knew more about them then I did.

It was along time ago when she showed me the journal, right before she started going through the Alzheimer phase.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13407 on: September 26, 2020, 06:02:10 AM »
I have found THE cat litter this time, I swear.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13408 on: September 26, 2020, 04:19:39 PM »
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
 :nerdy:

(emo)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13409 on: September 27, 2020, 01:52:13 AM »
Need to run a couple of errands today. Don't wanna.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein