Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201379 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13140 on: July 13, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »
If over thinking situations burned calories...........I'd be dead!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #13141 on: July 13, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »
If over thinking situations burned calories...........I'd be dead!
Same. If I was still alive through this, id be a weight of a 5 ft 8 skeleton. Now, my wish is not to be used in a science class as a demonstration.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13142 on: July 13, 2020, 08:32:50 PM »
I wouldn't mind if my overthinking burned calories in moderate doses though.... I need the weight loss (well my mother says I do... and I agree with her)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13143 on: July 14, 2020, 02:41:34 AM »
It's what spazzes do. They overthink.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13144 on: July 14, 2020, 05:32:06 AM »
talking of overthinking. I recently  ran across this oddball Scottish comedian, Limmy on BBC i-player. A review had said that he'd appeal to anybody who overthinjks things.  Works for me  :laugh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000h5mf/limmys-homemade-show

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13145 on: July 14, 2020, 06:48:27 AM »
just caught ths in the Newsbox:
What's green and fuzzy and can kill you if it falls out of a tree?

A pool table

That one had me literally crying with laughter. I would love to meet whoever thought of that. Anybody know who it was?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13146 on: July 14, 2020, 12:05:49 PM »
^Good one. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13147 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:45 PM »
It's what spazzes do. They overthink.

Am I by your definition a spazz?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13148 on: July 15, 2020, 09:22:00 PM »

A pool table

That one had me literally crying with laughter. I would love to meet whoever thought of that. Anybody know who it was?
I read the English version as a kid: What's green and brown and if it fell out of a tree would kill you? A snooker table.

I told a lot of people this one but not everyone got it.
From the same joke book: What happened to the idiot Morris dancer? He fell off the bonnet.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13149 on: July 15, 2020, 09:40:17 PM »
I want to fight a midget

okay... that was random

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13150 on: July 16, 2020, 08:08:31 AM »
I heard the stupidest thing last night on the news. One of those (break in the new girl, pay your dues, dirty jobs) stop and ask the regular people on the street what they think (time fillers) on the news.

This woman being interviewed said she knows how to use sunblock and that you have to put more on every thirty minutes in the sun, but no one is telling us how long we are protected from the Covid-19 when we use the sanitizers. How often do you have to re-apply your hand sanitizer to remain safe from the virus?
 :zombiefuck:

... and I thought I was clueless.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13151 on: July 16, 2020, 08:18:44 AM »

A pool table

I read the English version as a kid: What's green and brown and if it fell out of a tree would kill you? A snooker table.

I told a lot of people this one but not everyone got it.
From the same joke book: What happened to the idiot Morris dancer? He fell off the bonnet.
*groan* . think I heard that Morris Dancer  joke before. Wasn't from you was it,  Ren?

There don't seem to be many good Morris dancer jokes around. i kinda like this one:

A class of children from a school for the blind, are by the sea side playing with a football with a bell on it, so they can hear where it is. The teacher pops off for a quiet pint. Shortly someone comes running in shouting "quick, the kids are kicking hell out of the Morris dancer!".
:laugh:

Evidently the pool table/snooker table is really old. I think the American version is snappier.  but :plus: for the info  :)

[EDIT: P.S. we have pool  here, too, BTW.  It's a whole lot easier to fit a little  pool table into a crowded bar, and to fit it up so you can't get your balls until you push some coins in the slot.  Conversely, you usually have to join a club to play snooker. I think probably more Brits have played pool that snooker for that reason. Pool is something you can play more casually. )

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:56:39 AM by Walkie »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13152 on: July 17, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
Unexpected 2+ hour drive today. Normally driving is one of my favourite things but the majority of this one will be spent in city highway traffic which means congestion no matter what time of day. I much prefer the backroads and countryside drives.  :thumbdn:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13153 on: July 17, 2020, 08:24:29 AM »
Unexpected 2+ hour drive today. Normally driving is one of my favourite things but the majority of this one will be spent in city highway traffic which means congestion no matter what time of day. I much prefer the backroads and countryside drives.  :thumbdn:

I much prefer the back roads as well.

Our traffic is usually hampered by the state flower that pops up everywhere in spring and bloom until frost.
It has been too hot for them lately.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13154 on: July 17, 2020, 08:50:34 PM »
There is no such thing as a toy arrow.

Don't bother saying Nerf. Those are not arrows, they are toys.
Thought came around due to some grim news today about an accident that happened last Sunday. One of my neighbors has a nephew that was hit in the eye by a crooked stick that became an arrow propelled by the toy bow he and his eight year old brother had tied together a few days before.
Eight year old was just playing with the toy bow and arrow set they had crafted.

The arrow punctured the older kid's (left) eye socket right at the outer edge by the bone. Not very deep, but he is now blind in that eye.

There might be hope for some sight in the future because the stick did not penetrate the cornea. No way to know yet if the wound caused interference with the structure of the nerves. The injury allowed some of the vitreous humor to spill out and his eye kind of collapsed. The hope is that, over time the fluid will be replaced and some sight could possibly return.

Sad day for that family.
 :'(

Sometimes, being a good neighbor includes standing in the sun for an hour while receiving a week long horror story condensed into a one hour time frame. I coulld barely stand to listen, but he really needed to upload this to somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 08:54:58 PM by DirtDawg »