Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201383 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12975 on: June 05, 2020, 09:18:11 PM »
If this orange moron becomes president second time round, there's something very wrong here?

Yeah... it shows that the GOP has no balls, and is worse than the Tories on your side of the pond.
What's your take on this Gen? Do you really think he'll get back in? I'm terrified he will because there are so many shitty people out in the world who have been given the legal right to vote. But God would I love to see him lose and have to face the music when his family moves out of the WH.

There is a faction of Republicans in the states that are wanting him out... there is rumors on-line that some of the PACs are going to go as far as to support Biden's run...

My parents might vote for Biden depending on who he picks as his running mate... one likely candidate for Biden's choice is Susan Rice (former U.S. Ambassador to the UN), or Senator Tammy Duckworth from Illinois.
I know I don't live in the US but I'm really liking Val Demings out of FL.

Or that lady from Michigan... though some of my parents ultra-conservative friends would avoid her.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12976 on: June 07, 2020, 02:57:06 AM »
I hope you get rid of the orange moron soon. The US deserves better.
Truth. I'm no fan of Biden but I like one of the women that he has on the short list for VP. Val Demings former Orlando police chief who worked as one of the six Democratic impeachment managers during Trump’s impeachment trial.

Let's face it, though. This election will be about getting rid of the moron, not about who replaces him. My dog would do a better job than Trump. The fact of the matter is that this is now about saving the country and, by proxy, the world.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12977 on: June 07, 2020, 04:46:32 AM »
Yeah, people like that seem to thrive further by stirring up shit.

I am calling it!!
We have enough shit to deal with right now. We should never forget about George Floyd and so many others whose stories seem to end with a funeral.
We have to release the reins on a wildly bucking, vibrant economy, damn the torpedoes! We have to learn new ways to approach our ideals, but never lose sight of the real goals of human equality and freedom, not only in spirit, mind and body, but opportunity and justice as well.
Stop skirting the subject and face the racism that we all know we see every day. Can't fix it, but we can certainly blast it out of prominence when it is state sponsored or just ignored due to deep-rooted, disgraceful apathy.

Damn hell of a lot of work to do, we have. Almost like when you put off doing laundry for too long. We have a whole fucking world full of dirty laundry, beginning to smell and only we, each of us, can do anything to help. It is NOT going to be our so called "leaders" who are going to do all this work. They are beside themselves with concerns which do not affect the actual reason for so many assembling in the first place.

We can not let those many funerals be the end of their stories.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12978 on: June 07, 2020, 05:01:13 AM »

A different kind of protest happened this morning.
Somehow, an organized "traveling" protest happened, timed to coincide with the lifting of the Indianapolis citywide curfew. At about two minutes after 6AM I heard car horns honking.
I was playing local news and had just heard about this new, legal protest tactic. A large number of people with "Black Lives Matter" signs on their cars, both blacks and whites BTW, started their cars and began rolling down the streets honking horns brandishing signs.
Seems like more people than ever have also begun to walk in the center of downtown.

I have to applaud those who get that the message was easily lost to needless violence at the beginning of this upset.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12979 on: June 11, 2020, 07:41:10 AM »

Heard an interesting line on a TV show yesterday watching "Blacklist."

"It is the children the world almost breaks who grow up to save it." Doubt it is true, but what a great thought.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12980 on: June 11, 2020, 07:43:25 PM »
Whatever happened with the death of George Floyd was finally the day the whole world started waking up to what was really happening in today's society.

I'm with DirtDawg on this one.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12981 on: June 11, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »
Scrap just hit strike two on FB.   Do not tell me HOW to think!   >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12982 on: June 12, 2020, 01:57:25 PM »
Can we just skip 2020 and move on, like now? Watching the news is too much sometimes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12983 on: June 12, 2020, 02:04:37 PM »
Can we just skip 2020 and move on, like now? Watching the news is too much sometimes.

Seriously.

I can't some days.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12984 on: June 12, 2020, 02:05:54 PM »
Looking at your avatar, IQ, and thinking "yes, I need another drink".

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12985 on: June 12, 2020, 02:08:53 PM »
It's happy hour for me, I'll have a couple for both of you!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12986 on: June 12, 2020, 02:10:02 PM »
Oh, I have one. I'd share if you were here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12987 on: June 12, 2020, 02:20:55 PM »
I know, I considered changing it, but it has summed up my feelings about 2020 very nicely.

If it weren't for the wine, I might have had to take up a new hobby.

Times are tough.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12988 on: June 12, 2020, 03:48:05 PM »
Oh, I have one. I'd share if you were here.

You realize that scrap and al will claim conspiracy.    :soapbox:  But, I could do that!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12989 on: June 12, 2020, 04:11:12 PM »
The province is allowing people to create a bubble of 10 and I don't think people understand how that works. That means 10 people who don't bubble with anyone else and it includes everyone they live with. I can't see this going so wrong.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad