Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201705 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12735 on: April 22, 2020, 12:30:13 AM »
Thinking about markup.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12736 on: April 22, 2020, 01:14:02 AM »
 :tv:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12737 on: April 26, 2020, 12:48:11 AM »
Some lady posted on FB looking for some sheets and towels for her daughter who has no choice but to have a baby by herself.
I took it to mean she was in labour and couldn't get medical assistance for some reason, but it turns out the 'by herself' part just means she's a single mum 8 months along, and she needs linen and stuff for her existing kids  :tard:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12738 on: April 26, 2020, 01:50:26 AM »
Thinking I need more coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12739 on: April 26, 2020, 01:59:00 AM »
Some lady posted on FB looking for some sheets and towels for her daughter who has no choice but to have a baby by herself.
I took it to mean she was in labour and couldn't get medical assistance for some reason, but it turns out the 'by herself' part just means she's a single mum 8 months along, and she needs linen and stuff for her existing kids  :tard:
I think I would have thought along the same lines as you. Especially given the hospital situation at the moment.

I'm thinking about dinner already. I'm hungry.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12740 on: April 26, 2020, 06:12:19 AM »
On the plus side, I'm not always on my feet.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12741 on: April 26, 2020, 06:59:04 AM »
Thinking I'm glad it rained.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12742 on: April 26, 2020, 09:25:18 PM »
People I find contemptible who, :plus: me I find amusing and stupid.  Cause they seem to think that I am stupid or worse.  I'm too old and cranky to play mind games.   :finger:   :wanker:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12743 on: April 27, 2020, 12:42:18 AM »
I'm bored.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12744 on: April 27, 2020, 04:56:25 AM »
People I find contemptible who, :plus: me I find amusing and stupid.  Cause they seem to think that I am stupid or worse.  I'm too old and cranky to play mind games.   :finger:   :wanker:
I don't know if you mean me, Ozy, cause
  • there's a pretty long list of people whom you find/found  contemptible on this board. I'm not arrogant enough to think i'm special in that regard
  • I wouldn't assume that your opinions are unchanged in all this time

so all i actually know is that you haven't addressed me directly in awhile (and I don't know if you've adressed me indirectly, now or ever)  And that i , personally would rather not dwell  on past altercations or do anything to set them in concrete. I prefer to recall that we were friends for a good few years way back when, and to otherwise dwell on your many positive qualities.

But anyway ( with that caveat that i've  no idea if you're referring to me or someone else)  I can surely only answer for myself, so here goes

I'll confess i'm a little bit nervous of plussing you, fearing that you might take it the wrong way. But every now and then I force myself past that nervousness, cos I think it's foolish and counterproductive; and that to avoid plussing a very good post, just because the poster had some negative things to say about me some years ago,  would be really mean and petty on my part.  And I'm just not like that. I've  always been apt to plus the post, not the poster, and to try not to let questions of friendship or enmity cloud my judgement. And, so far as I can see, most of us, on this board,  are just  the same in that respect. (Indeed , I recall that very question being discussed on a thread here, awhile back)

I also think that this board is way too small for people to go round pointedly ignoring each other; that would bound to be noticeable, might create a bit of an atmoshere, and could even  ruin some good discussuions.  So I don't want to do that. I'd rather let bygones be bygones and hope that the other guy is of the same mind.

You have made some  really excellent posts here and there, and you deserve credit for those. I'm not one for purposely withholding that credit as if i bear a grudge against you.  I don't bear a grudge; so to act like I do would be fricking absurd

I don't think that any of that constitutes "mindgames".  It's not even personal.  That's just the way I think.

But anyway, after reading your post , i suppose  that it's OK for me to carry on plussing you, every  now and again.   There are billions of worse things than my being thought of as   ""amusing and stupid". by yourself. So no harm done. Right?

I just feel that an explanation was called for.  Like I said, i don't know if you were talking about me, or somebosdy else, or maybe a whole bunch of folk. But wouldn't be at all susprised if others had a similar attitude to mine, so my answer might be somewhat enlightening  in any case.

Anyway, this is all  meant sincerely,  and not as any kind of wind-up.  I'm just  telling it like it is, from my own POV, FWTW.

Peace,

-Walkie

PS, I would very much appreciate you making it crystal clear if and when you mean me. There have been a few times when I've wondered if your posts referred to me , but I'm endeavoring not to let myself get paranoid about that kind of thng, and to just accept that there's no way of knowing, and that- heigh ho!- it probably doesn't matter a hill of beans either way.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:11:29 AM by Walkie »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12745 on: April 28, 2020, 01:04:54 AM »
Wondering if I'm hungry.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12746 on: April 28, 2020, 06:31:45 AM »
Really glad I have 2 hours of quiet before my day gets into full swing.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12747 on: April 28, 2020, 02:43:57 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12748 on: April 28, 2020, 05:47:22 PM »
I wonder if I should live in Sweden? According to my cousin, seems like the economy is much better than than the UK and living there seems better.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12749 on: April 28, 2020, 06:29:47 PM »
I wonder if I should live in Sweden? According to my cousin, seems like the economy is much better than than the UK and living there seems better.
Talk of the UK and Sweden makes me want to travel again. It will be a very long time before that happens again. Sigh.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad