Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201384 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12570 on: March 25, 2020, 03:04:51 PM »
What if during my work night, I took an empty cart to the back and down the aisle, I started yelling......."BRING OUT YOUR DEAD."   Yeah, I'd probably get fired, but, it would be so worth it.   :mischief:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #12571 on: March 25, 2020, 04:12:32 PM »
You'd need a bell to ring.  :angel:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12572 on: March 25, 2020, 04:30:54 PM »
You'd need a bell to ring.  :angel:

Dang, I used to have one........Oh well, I'm sure I can make the appropriate sound effects!   :laugh:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12573 on: March 25, 2020, 08:14:29 PM »
617 new cases recorded today between 11am and 9pm and 73 deaths since yesterday. Hard to wrap my brain around all this.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12574 on: March 26, 2020, 02:46:26 AM »
617 new cases recorded today between 11am and 9pm and 73 deaths since yesterday. Hard to wrap my brain around all this.

Close to 500,000 cases worldwide now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12575 on: March 27, 2020, 06:24:18 AM »

And Trump wants to open up all the businesses in the US by Easter. Delusional fuck is going to cause the needless death of so many people. How ironic that he made this announcement after 6 out of 7 of his revenue building businesses were shut down due to COVID-19.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12576 on: March 27, 2020, 07:57:16 AM »
States seem to be shutting down on their own even if he's being an idiot on the federal level.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12577 on: March 27, 2020, 08:01:37 AM »
I may still have a job right now, but if we get stood down without pay I'm refusing and telling the bosses I want a redundancy. That way if I get a new job whilst not working there, I don't have to give them a resignation letter and 4 weeks notice. More so, it's a strategy that would allow me to totally ghost them if they call me to come back :zoinks:

In the law it would be great if there was a maximum amount of unpaid leave you are made to take before it transforms into termination of employment (say, any stand down without pay period of more than several weeks is taken to be a full termination and the employee hence doesn't have to give notice just to get all their unused entitlements paid out). Ordinarily being stood down just means not on the job and not getting paid, but the continuity of the employment relationship is still there, so when you return to work you still have the unused leave balances you had just before you were stood down.

Sure, my leave balances would get reset to nil if I went back to them being redundant, but think of how much fun it would be suing them for my redundancy pay whilst working there :zoinks: And them knowing it's illegal to fire me out of retribution :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12578 on: March 27, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »

In the future, people will all remember what they were doing and where they were when the Coronavirus became self aware.
 :laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12579 on: March 27, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »
Glad I went to the B&N bookstore today.  They have been labeled non-essential and are closing until May 4th.    I now have a tidy pile that should last me until then!   8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12580 on: March 27, 2020, 01:23:44 PM »

And Trump wants to open up all the businesses in the US by Easter. Delusional fuck is going to cause the needless death of so many people. How ironic that he made this announcement after 6 out of 7 of his revenue building businesses were shut down due to COVID-19.

He's a moron. With any luck, he'll catch the damned virus.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12581 on: March 27, 2020, 01:26:08 PM »
Glad I went to the B&N bookstore today.  They have been labeled non-essential and are closing until May 4th.    I now have a tidy pile that should last me until then!   8)

Bookshops will never be non-essential! :GA:

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12582 on: March 27, 2020, 02:47:31 PM »

I wish it was so.   :'(

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12583 on: March 27, 2020, 03:00:40 PM »

They closed here too but you can still have items shipped
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12584 on: March 27, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »

They closed here too but you can still have items shipped

There are some books that I want, Amazon is one source, and Abebooks.com is another.