Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12240 on: December 18, 2019, 06:09:15 PM »
Can't wait for this fucking year to be done with.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12241 on: December 18, 2019, 08:53:04 PM »
House just passed articles of Impeachment

2 Democrats voted Nay

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12242 on: December 19, 2019, 06:46:39 AM »
I think it would be hilarious if Trump's own party turned against him and voted to take him out of office. It won't happen but I'd love to see his reaction if it did.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12243 on: December 19, 2019, 10:18:15 AM »
O winter nose
O winter nose,
why do you vex me so-oooo

You make my nose
run like a stream.
It runs so much
I want to scream!

O winter nose,
O winter nose,
stop vexing me-e so-ooooooooooooooo...

<sniff>
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12244 on: December 19, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »
 :lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12245 on: December 19, 2019, 05:23:14 PM »
The more people I encounter, the more clear it is to me as to why Noah only brought animals onto his ark to save from the flood.

Mythological, most think, but a brilliant bit of myth creating, that bit!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 05:25:46 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12246 on: December 19, 2019, 06:36:29 PM »
The more people I encounter, the more clear it is to me as to why Noah only brought animals onto his ark to save from the flood.

Mythological, most think, but a brilliant bit of myth creating, that bit!
Totally agree with this. (From the lady who is most happiest curled up in bed with her dogs and a book)
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12247 on: December 19, 2019, 07:07:03 PM »
I think it would be hilarious if Trump's own party turned against him and voted to take him out of office. It won't happen but I'd love to see his reaction if it did.

:mischief:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12248 on: December 19, 2019, 07:51:51 PM »

:mischief:

Right?? Shockingly, Christianity Today called for him to be removed from office.

"The top editor at Christianity Today, the flagship Evangelical magazine, is calling for President Trump to be removed from office in a scathing new editorial saying Trump's conversation with Ukraine's president is "not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral."
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12249 on: December 19, 2019, 11:55:43 PM »
Right?? Shockingly, Christianity Today called for him to be removed from office.

"The top editor at Christianity Today, the flagship Evangelical magazine, is calling for President Trump to be removed from office in a scathing new editorial saying Trump's conversation with Ukraine's president is "not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral."

Do you think they really want him out of office? Or is calling yourself Christian while vocally supporting a scumbag like Trump no longer a tenable position?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12250 on: December 20, 2019, 10:14:04 AM »

Do you think they really want him out of office? Or is calling yourself Christian while vocally supporting a scumbag like Trump no longer a tenable position?

I think they did their end of the year accounting and found out they're losing money. :autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12251 on: December 20, 2019, 01:44:29 PM »

I think they did their end of the year accounting and found out they're losing money. :autism:

You may have hit the nail on the head. "Hey, let's increase readership."
I can "witness"  to you as a reforming Christian, that it is not up to the church or any retiring pastors to dictate "specific" morality. That is an instant Red Flag once someone tries that nonsense to one who actually has studied it all and tries to follow the teachings of Christ. There is a "coming into the fold" teaching that does not exclude people.

I know it has been over two thousand years and most in our society do not believe in any kind of afterlife in Paradise, but the teachings are still valid and following that lifestyle taught by Christ so long ago will make you a better person and our world a better place if we all just try.

Assigning hard edged moralities for a mass of people was one item he fought against which flew in the faces of those "in charge" and ideas like that contributed to his being crucified.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:46:51 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12252 on: December 20, 2019, 05:32:56 PM »
Apparently the Editor is getting a lot of heat for his thoughts on why he should be impeached but he's still standing by what he said.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/475468-christianity-today-editor-defends-calling-for-trumps-removal?fbclid=IwAR2G0NuKFRnzX7X7TEKa-aN27cxD8Vz4B_xN2V6D-tQaUfKZ86lYnKY2RRM
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12253 on: December 20, 2019, 07:26:22 PM »
Yeah, ironic though that Billy Grahams son is attacking the editorial of a magazine that HIS father founded.  Franklin is proving to be a magatard of profound proportions. 

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12254 on: December 20, 2019, 07:35:25 PM »
Yeah, ironic though that Billy Grahams son is attacking the editorial of a magazine that HIS father founded.  Franklin is proving to be a magatard of profound proportions.

Frankie is a Partisan Toad.

No offense to the religious people in my life... I had to say it