Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12015 on: July 01, 2019, 10:43:38 PM »
Unless you can actually call yourself a Canadian citizen, Canada would call you childish for celebrating something that isn't you because of hare-brained political reasons.

That's not true. Canada is full of individuals who would have their own separate opinions on the subject.

Why not celebrate Australia Day then?

It's politically incorrect to celebrate Australia Day, even in Australia.

The progressives among us refer to that day as "Invasion Day".

Do you want to come back to Britain? The aborigines will have you thinking you aren't Australians but guests. You've fallen for something that anyone in their right mind would reject.

Only a minority actually favour change or its abolition.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:17:50 PM by Tequila »

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #12016 on: July 02, 2019, 07:40:54 AM »
Hi Pyraxis!  :santa:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12017 on: July 02, 2019, 09:01:44 AM »
Driving to get the paper with Carla this morning and stopped at the traffic light.  Noticed the car in front of me had the license plate that read. "Cthulhu".  It made my morning......CTHULHU FHTAGN!    :zoinks:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12018 on: July 02, 2019, 09:19:11 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12019 on: July 03, 2019, 05:34:58 PM »
I like the U.S. but I wouldn't celebrate Independence Day!

I support celebrating any day that I can persuade surgarbutt to grill me a burger.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12020 on: July 03, 2019, 07:59:20 PM »
I like the U.S. but I wouldn't celebrate Independence Day!

I support celebrating any day that I can persuade surgarbutt to grill me a burger.  :zoinks:

In beef lard?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12021 on: July 03, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »
And finally, I wear my t-shirt that reads "You are the product of 4 billion years of elegant evolution!   ACT LIKE IT!"  And I go to the local hannaford store where the clerk in the fast check out lane looks at it and looks quite offended.  He is putting an effort to be polite and it makes me smile.  This is not the first time and all I can think, is "go ahead and hate the shirt, it tells me more about you than you can ever show.  I don't wear this shirt to provoke a response, but, if it pisses some people off...I don't Foooking care.  I didn't even plan on being at that store today.  Oh well!    :laugh:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12022 on: July 03, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »
And finally, I wear my t-shirt that reads "You are the product of 4 billion years of elegant evolution!   ACT LIKE IT!"  And I go to the local hannaford store where the clerk in the fast check out lane looks at it and looks quite offended.  He is putting an effort to be polite and it makes me smile.  This is not the first time and all I can think, is "go ahead and hate the shirt, it tells me more about you than you can ever show.  I don't wear this shirt to provoke a response, but, if it pisses some people off...I don't Foooking care.  I didn't even plan on being at that store today.  Oh well!    :laugh:

The shirt's irritating and provocative. You shouldn't wear it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:51:28 PM by Tequila »

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12023 on: July 04, 2019, 08:02:46 AM »

Seems like a good shirt. Why would folks react badly? They must not be used to the Nobility.  :M

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12024 on: July 04, 2019, 12:21:33 PM »

Seems like a good shirt. Why would folks react badly? They must not be used to the Nobility.  :M

Well, there are many fundamentalist religious groups that believe the Earth was made in 7 days, or a literal interpretation of the book of Genesis in the Bible.  And due to some Irish clergyman in the dim past, who calculated the years according to HIS interpretation of the Book of Genesis, that the Earth is only 6000 years old.  And some of the fundies don't like to be contradicted according to their pseudo-science.  Any evidence to the contrary of their beliefs has one of two motives, Satan falsifying the geological record, and this is the final weirdness, God himself, left this "evidence" as a test to man's devotion to the "truth" of the Bible.  It's the ultimate circle jerk argument that is unwinnable.   :laugh:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12025 on: July 04, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »

Well, there are many fundamentalist religious groups that believe the Earth was made in 7 days, or a literal interpretation of the book of Genesis in the Bible.  And due to some Irish clergyman in the dim past, who calculated the years according to HIS interpretation of the Book of Genesis, that the Earth is only 6000 years old.  And some of the fundies don't like to be contradicted according to their pseudo-science.  Any evidence to the contrary of their beliefs has one of two motives, Satan falsifying the geological record, and this is the final weirdness, God himself, left this "evidence" as a test to man's devotion to the "truth" of the Bible.  It's the ultimate circle jerk argument that is unwinnable.   :laugh:

Some humans are incorrigible. I used to have this theory that is was due to poor leadership, and humans' tendency to need a leader (such as following an erroneous preaching). Now, I honestly don't know.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12026 on: July 04, 2019, 06:43:23 PM »

Some humans are incorrigible. I used to have this theory that is was due to poor leadership, and humans' tendency to need a leader (such as following an erroneous preaching). Now, I honestly don't know.

A good question.  Some people need a leader, desperately need a leader and will follow anyone who fits their ideations.  Some people are just weird and will suck the teats of whatever fits their needs or desires and bounce around to whatever gives them their jollies.  Then there are the people who look, observe, analyze, distill, debate and make up their own minds and follow their own path.  I like to think that I am of that ilk.  I am friends with the unfriendable, love the unlovable,  and I don't follow anybody......I've been burned too many times by the "follow me" personalities.  Those persons have been major disappointments for obvious reasons.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12027 on: July 13, 2019, 06:26:48 AM »
Next weekend's DIY job: getting some self-levelling compound for my downstairs concrete subfloor in preparation for the flooring I want.
But the area I need to do is right in the centre of the house with no alternative way to the front door, which means when I do it I will either have to stay stuck in one end of the house until the compound sets (can still access the bathroom, computer and bedroom, but what if I run out of food?!), or stay stuck outside until the compound sets. The faster setting it is the better it will be.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12028 on: July 13, 2019, 06:41:24 AM »
Next weekend's DIY job: getting some self-levelling compound for my downstairs concrete subfloor in preparation for the flooring I want.
But the area I need to do is right in the centre of the house with no alternative way to the front door, which means when I do it I will either have to stay stuck in one end of the house until the compound sets (can still access the bathroom, computer and bedroom, but what if I run out of food?!), or stay stuck outside until the compound sets. The faster setting it is the better it will be.
Heh, can you get out of the bathroom or bedroom windows in case you run out of food?

I admire your DIY attitude.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12029 on: July 13, 2019, 09:38:07 AM »
Heh, can you get out of the bathroom or bedroom windows in case you run out of food?

I admire your DIY attitude.

The bathroom and bedroom are on the second level, so no  :laugh:. Out the back there is a 6ft high brick fence so no going that way either.
I might do it so I get stuck outside, so that way I'm able to rush to Bunnings should I need emergency DIY supplies.