Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11985 on: June 22, 2019, 08:41:09 PM »
I will. I'll see if I can get a photo for you, but no promises on when.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11986 on: June 22, 2019, 10:02:00 PM »
Walmart really seems to love pushing my buttons and pushing me to the brink.  And they (mgmt) wonder why I don't give a flying shit about them.  Today for example, I was talking to one of my friends, a week or so ago, she asked me for help reaching for something a customer wanted/needed in the infants section.  Of course, I helped since I am tall with long arms.  This shit ass manager was walking by at the time and after I left, she asked my friend, "Wow, how did you get him to help you?"   WTF, this manager who has the personality of a drowned slug in a beer can, has never asked me for help at all.  And she has the nerve to say that!  I have asked this slug for help in the past, with my equipment, and all she could say was a limp, "I dunno".   :wanker:
I'm going to stop here, since I am trying to calm my brain for sleep and it was a very trying and frustrating night. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #11987 on: June 23, 2019, 02:55:50 PM »
That sounds really frustrating rock hound. Job dissatisfaction is really tough because we spend a good chunk of our lives at work.

It sounds like you are carrying on doing the right thing, continuing to be professional, et cetera. Have you considered looking for a new job or position? (please forgive me if you mentioned this elsewhere already)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11988 on: June 23, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
That sounds really frustrating rock hound. Job dissatisfaction is really tough because we spend a good chunk of our lives at work.

It sounds like you are carrying on doing the right thing, continuing to be professional, et cetera. Have you considered looking for a new job or position? (please forgive me if you mentioned this elsewhere already)

No worries, I have mentioned it before and I am considering my options.  But, I have achieved a mental/emotional state of equilibrium.  For the simple line is, I just don't care anymore.  I'm not a robot, nor am I a slave.  I'll just keep doing what I am doing and in they don't like it, they can go fuck themselves.  I don't say that, but, my silence and keeping my head up will speak more volumes than words.  My sarcastic attitude will do the job. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11989 on: June 24, 2019, 08:44:41 AM »

No worries, I have mentioned it before and I am considering my options.  But, I have achieved a mental/emotional state of equilibrium.  For the simple line is, I just don't care anymore.  I'm not a robot, nor am I a slave.  I'll just keep doing what I am doing and in they don't like it, they can go fuck themselves.  I don't say that, but, my silence and keeping my head up will speak more volumes than words.  My sarcastic attitude will do the job.

Sorry to hear about it mate.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11990 on: June 24, 2019, 08:49:07 AM »
But I don't want to put an aluminum anti slip strip on the stair nosing. It will look ugly :zombiefuck:
Fuck Australian building standards requiring them. I see all these good pics of vinyl planks installed on stairs but they're all from America :finger:

Carpet on the stairs it is then.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11991 on: June 24, 2019, 10:54:58 AM »

Sorry to hear about it mate.

According to the family CFO, Carla!  I can start collecting social security at 67.  I turn 64 this year.  And I only work 24 hours a week now.  So it's endurable with my "I don't give a fuck attitude."  I take pride in my work ethic and the job I do.  If I do not meet the walmart unrealistic productivity goals, aka, "galley slave" ideal.  They can fire me or move me to a different part of the store.  Which they do not want to do, since A) I always show up on time, B) They have enough problems hiring workers due to the decent economy and the worker shortage in NH.  C) I work steady, just not fast enough to satisfy some office geek with no realistic comprehension of the work situation. 

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11992 on: June 24, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »
This Meme from the "Tiny Buddha"  FB site, sums up my feelings about certain things in certain places over the last few days.

"Pick your battles.  You don't have to show up to every argument you're invited to." 

And I am taking that to heart. 

Peace and Namaste

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11993 on: June 24, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
 :facepalm2:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11994 on: June 24, 2019, 07:54:21 PM »
But I don't want to put an aluminum anti slip strip on the stair nosing. It will look ugly :zombiefuck:
Fuck Australian building standards requiring them. I see all these good pics of vinyl planks installed on stairs but they're all from America :finger:

I've seen that aluminium strip in offices. Not in houses! What colour carpet are you going for?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11995 on: June 24, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »
Good night, children..............everywhere..............you know who you are.....

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11996 on: June 25, 2019, 07:22:48 AM »

I've seen that aluminium strip in offices. Not in houses! What colour carpet are you going for?

I'm aiming for a mid beige/dark sandy colour.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11997 on: June 28, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
This Meme from the "Tiny Buddha"  FB site, sums up my feelings about certain things in certain places over the last few days.

"Pick your battles.  You don't have to show up to every argument you're invited to." 

And I am taking that to heart. 

Peace and Namaste

peace

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11998 on: July 01, 2019, 08:27:28 AM »
Now looking at Haymes paint. I got a colour brochure today for whites and neutrals but....there are no whites in it lol.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11999 on: July 01, 2019, 08:42:36 AM »
I would like a pint of lager. And some crisps.