Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201371 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11940 on: June 08, 2019, 08:57:16 AM »

Last night we went to our daughter's graduation ceremony. Nine hundred plus kids walking across the stage, calling each by name honoring the military recruits and the top grades.

My baby has graduated high school!!
 :GA:

There is a lot of road construction going on around the area and it literally took us two hours to get home. We stopped for burgers once we got into our town, but that was a fairly quick stop.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11941 on: June 08, 2019, 09:01:52 AM »
For some reason or other, notifications from FB are NOT showing up in my gmail social folder.   My inner Luddite is growing!   >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11942 on: June 08, 2019, 12:27:53 PM »

Kind of suxXORs that Dr. John is gone.

He was one I worked with back in the seventies. Almost every time I approached east Texas I put in bids for this and that venue and several times Dr. John was working the same venues. I loved the guy. I knew he was older than me by quite a bit, but I did not know he was fourteen years older. He was always SO fresh with his approach to his craft.

I have a lot of his music, I thought, but according to the Wiki discography article, I have a long way to go before I find it all to collect.

He will be missed.
RIP, Dr!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11943 on: June 09, 2019, 03:24:01 AM »
 :popcorn:
Is this true????

Don't think it's true.

Well, maybe you need an urge to read things, paired with some curiousity, but don't think you need an obsession to get through that text.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11944 on: June 09, 2019, 09:08:09 PM »
It's a common human ability to be able to understand words even only the first letter, last letter and one middle letter are written. I saw a study about it at one point.

I mn, I rd abt it oce on te int...
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Online rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11945 on: June 09, 2019, 09:54:39 PM »
Every time I try to develop a positive attitude about my part time job at walmart..........it's like some fucking manager aka, 'glorified cashier", says....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!  And they wonder why I don't volunteer more hours to work.  It's just not fucking worth it.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11946 on: June 10, 2019, 03:55:49 AM »
Kayleigh wants me to buy her a new computer with my credit card. I've gotten it down to below $2000 from over $4500 on my own, doggedly paying a certain amount each fortnight. It makes me feel sick to think I could be in substantial debt again. So far I've said no.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11947 on: June 10, 2019, 05:23:51 AM »
Kayleigh wants me to buy her a new computer with my credit card. I've gotten it down to below $2000 from over $4500 on my own, doggedly paying a certain amount each fortnight. It makes me feel sick to think I could be in substantial debt again. So far I've said no.

Tell her to piss off. People like that you can do without.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11948 on: June 10, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »

I lowered the credit limit on one to a very low and manageable amount, put warning alerts on it and canceled the other. Keeps it real should anyone in the family we can't trust get their hands on it (which has happened before) and keeps SO in check should he ever need to use it.

It's shit if I ever really NEED it, but thankfully it's always been normally just a method of convenience or emergency backup with me. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11949 on: June 10, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »
Only you know the answer, but it seems like you may be an enabler for Kaylee. 
What's in it for you and for her? 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11950 on: June 10, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »
Computers are a luxury, so that's a crap thing to ask someone.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11951 on: June 10, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »
Will you buy me a computer too, Reneaden?   :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11952 on: June 11, 2019, 08:25:17 AM »
^^^ Those are some pretty small towns there. Have you ever lived in towns that small??

The gossiping and politics can become pretty toxic.

I was kidding :zoinks:. Besides the salary in the job ad is like 10k less than I get now. I know the cost of housing out there is substantially cheaper (hence one of the reasons dad moved out there) but that's beside the point.

Right now I'm thinking about carpet and flooring, and wondering what else that is cat friendly with quiet acoustic properties that can go on the stairs.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11953 on: June 11, 2019, 10:51:51 PM »
There's no "too" because I'm not buying Kayleigh one. I have a desktop and I've said to Kayleigh that she can use it if she wants to.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11954 on: June 11, 2019, 11:03:47 PM »
There's no "too" because I'm not buying Kayleigh one. I have a desktop and I've said to Kayleigh that she can use it if she wants to.

Don't do this either. Your computer is yours. She'll use it and say "I wish I had my own". Tell her to buy her own and have resolve. Can you afford to live alone?

Kick her out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:08:15 PM by Tequila »