Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11685 on: January 27, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »
People walking past the house. A train passing, maybe. Threats, if she is to be believed.

They take their cues from us. I know I do not react positively when some stranger walks past our house, most especially if they are just walking and trying to look in or around neighborhood properties.

When we still had a train running through town, my wife hated that. I loved it. But the dog was more interested in protecting her than indulging in my nostalgia.
Is it possible to alter our behavior? I think so, since we are the smart ones. :zombiefuck:

Kind of projecting, here, but maybe something to think about. They do take cues from our behavior.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11686 on: January 27, 2019, 06:44:51 PM »
There should be a raccoon appreciation day as well, not just one for squirrels.

We have trouble with an overpopulation of raccoons here. Squirrels and bunnies as well.

The city has gone on a rampage trying to clear out wild or feral cats from the residential areas. Now we have an overage of what they used to eat.
I love to see all these animals all over the town so I do not just shoot them, but I do NOT like them in my garage or dumping my garbage in the alley.

I have heard that raccoons are good to eat, but never tried it. I know rabbits and squirrels are delicious.

On another point, similar, I see more of the native kestrels and tiny immature hawks gorging on the rabbits and squirrels. Unfortunately, those raptor kin are also ravaging the mourning doves and cardinals as well.

I can not think of a balanced solution. The whole thing makes my mind sweat.
It would be wise if they did trap/neuter/return for the ferals. When you do a neuter/spay the colony will naturally die out on its own without such a jarring upset in the balance of the food chain, and it also won't keep growing at a rapid pace.

Currently thinking that I wish I could get a decent amount of sleep.

Around here with the new mayor's city initiative, all they did was catch and euthanize.

Your plan would be better, but it seems that those with more determine the outcomes and some in the better neighborhoods were complaining about cats making noise at night. So, a city - wide moratorium on feral cats began.

I actually do not mind the feral cats. They do not bother our garbage, they keep pesky rodents, which try to invade our homes, in check, they really only make noise at certain times and they are fascinating to watch. Kind of like birdwatching for the pure pleasure, cat watching can be similarly entertaining.
But, getting one to come up to you and allow a capture where it can be placed into the hands of the Humane Society (where they do not euthanize) is a good feeling.

I actually fed them things that they liked, like when we have a chicken or a turkey. I do not want to trust my dog to eat chicken bones (always did that when I was a kid, but  with nowadays understanding of how dogs eat - not so smart) because cats can eat them without endangering themselves.

I have a huge compost pile of kitchen garbage and grass and leaf litter which I turn every other week or so, but I do not put anything in that will harm my scavenging dog. The hollow bones go outside the fence.

Having a program in place that supports spay/neuter for strays seems far more humane than a catch and kill thing.

On the other remark:

I go between thinking that sleep is way over rated and it is THE final thing that I need to wrap this all up and be done.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:55:51 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11687 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:45 AM »
I was just thinking how surprised it is that no broflakes have posted about how triggered they were by the new Gillette ad.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11688 on: January 28, 2019, 12:48:07 AM »
I was just thinking how surprised it is that no broflakes have posted about how triggered they were by the new Gillette ad.
I do not consider myself to be a broflake and you may know that I am not easily triggered.

It just seems to me that what Scr'eap said applies to this :

"Get Woke, Go Broke"

I think the "broflakes" like this. It offers them an avenue to more gravitas than they can muster on their own.

To me, the deciding element is whether or not, after a year from now, anyone will remember what the commercial was trying to sell.
Consider it an acid test. What are they selling?

So, what are they selling with these ads?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11689 on: January 28, 2019, 12:51:25 AM »
People walking past the house. A train passing, maybe. Threats, if she is to be believed.

They take their cues from us. I know I do not react positively when some stranger walks past our house, most especially if they are just walking and trying to look in or around neighborhood properties.

When we still had a train running through town, my wife hated that. I loved it. But the dog was more interested in protecting her than indulging in my nostalgia.
Is it possible to alter our behavior? I think so, since we are the smart ones. :zombiefuck:

Kind of projecting, here, but maybe something to think about. They do take cues from our behavior.

I was asleep, in this particular instance. :P

You're right, of course. I'm not the most social person around. I guess that matters, too. Plus the fact that she isn't a very social dog either. It's one of the core traits of the breed.

Asocial spazz picks asocial dog. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11690 on: January 28, 2019, 12:52:47 AM »
Thinking that I should get to work, but also how I'd rather not.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11691 on: January 28, 2019, 12:55:46 AM »

I was asleep, in this particular instance. :P

You're right, of course. I'm not the most social person around. I guess that matters, too. Plus the fact that she isn't a very social dog either. It's one of the core traits of the breed.

Asocial spazz picks asocial dog. :)

If you can not love us then we ain't one of you or something like that.

Makes my mind sweat again.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:00:03 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11692 on: January 28, 2019, 07:24:52 AM »
I wish I could spend an entire day in bed to catch up on much needed sleep and kick this bug I seem to have.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11693 on: January 28, 2019, 04:08:53 PM »
I do not consider myself to be a broflake and you may know that I am not easily triggered.

It just seems to me that what Scr'eap said applies to this :

"Get Woke, Go Broke"

I think the "broflakes" like this. It offers them an avenue to more gravitas than they can muster on their own.

To me, the deciding element is whether or not, after a year from now, anyone will remember what the commercial was trying to sell.
Consider it an acid test. What are they selling?

So, what are they selling with these ads?

What are they selling? Razors. Same as always. Products targeted at men have a history of associating their product with a contemporary image of masculinity. Think "Marlboro man". Or beer ads. This ad looks like it was a collective brain fart from a bunch of advertising gurus sitting in a room, with a whiteboard of course, and asking themselves "what does masculinity meeeeean in 2019?". What they look like they've tried to do is to portray toxic masculinity in such a way that most of the target audience can say "I'm not like those bad guys, Gillette gets that I'm already a good man in the 2019 context".

"Get woke go broke". Well Nike's share price took a brief hit as the Stockmarket held its breath to see what the reaction would be when they got woke. The fact that the share price bounced right back and then some tells you all you need to know about that. As some have pointed out, Gillette knew exactly how the precious and special broflakes would react and they didn't give a fuck.

As for the wording of my post, it was a "poke the bear" kind of thing. You're not a broflake. Nor easily triggered.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11694 on: January 29, 2019, 12:00:20 AM »
Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11695 on: January 31, 2019, 07:57:33 AM »
I'm over this whole feeling gross thing.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11696 on: January 31, 2019, 10:40:04 AM »

here are some emoji's to help

:stick: i'm staying at a distance

:loup: Be fierce and

:deadhorse:  beat this.

:rollingpin: Quit your griping

:nurse: is on the way.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:41:46 AM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11697 on: January 31, 2019, 11:45:32 AM »

:brick: :sheep:

Adding the combination of gastro and shitting bricks, to deter all the ones you don't want around.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11698 on: January 31, 2019, 02:48:11 PM »

:brick: :sheep:

Adding the combination of gastro and shitting bricks, to deter all the ones you don't want around.

:thumbup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11699 on: January 31, 2019, 10:30:10 PM »
I don't think I'll go to Tafe this semester. They've made it really hard for me to apply. They haven't answered my questions on the question page and I don't even know where to go to pay my fees. Not that I have the money for it anyway. I also don't know how to pick the subjects in order to go part-time. They haven't answered that question either. It's been shitty all round.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae