Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11640 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:04 AM »
 Dogs can count.

At least up to four. I have established a routine with our dog about going out on his own to do his outdoor business.

I am convinced that before we got him, he never had a back yard and was the pet of an older person, living in some small apartment community, who only took him out for a walk once per day.
I have been working for nine months now to break down this inset behavior with him.
I "treat" him for successes and not for misunderstandings. Being that it is often snowy or very wet outside, when he comes in I have him "dance" to help clear his feet (he is a jumper - no problem getting him to dance on a dry surface before he comes back inside). Anyway, there are four tiny, tasty treats involved with our routine.
BUT, if I try to hold back, he will not even go inside without performing all his duties, each of which comes with the benefit of a tiny treat.
He will try all he knows to get his fourth treat, even repeating what he has already done and trying to figure what he needs to to do next.

He can count, at least to four.

On another more comical note: this dog grunts and moans and vocalizes more than any dog I have ever had and that list is in the dozens. He is a talker and he is convinced that his opinion counts for something. I love this little guy!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:07:56 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11641 on: January 11, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »
One thing I do not understand about this dog, though is that he is terrified of the cat. They mostly ignore each other, even walk right past each other sometimes with no howdy or piss off at all, but if given a way out that dog will walk way around the cat. This thirty three pound dog is literally three times the size of the tiny petite cat, but she has him bullied, some how.
All she has to do is enter the room and he will seek safety next to one of us.
He is brave though. At times when the cat is lying next to me, he will come up from the side and lick my elbow and grunt a bit and lie down right next to me, but he keeps his eye on the cat.

He is so much larger, but I suppose she is so much more vicious.

:dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11642 on: January 11, 2019, 11:54:37 AM »
When I was a teen we had two cats. Brothers from the same litter. The neighbours had a dog. The dog was terrified of Maigret. He'd back off with his tail between his legs. But he loved to run after Sherlock. And he meant serious business. There were some nasty wounds now and then. Luckily for Sherlock his brother often was close by. Keeping him relatively safe from that dog.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11643 on: January 11, 2019, 05:32:03 PM »
Page 777. God’s number.

Makes me think of a BOC song with end lyrics like:
"Seven seven seven seven seven seven seven ..." and then it repeats for a total of seven times. Great concert music!

Seven Screaming Dizbusters!

It just fits.

I was playing way too loud once and I blew out my speakers (I had many back ups, so no worries) at a small party for "friends" when one guy asked what happened to the speakers and why do they stink?
I said that they were "Dizbusted."

Probably had to be there.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11644 on: January 12, 2019, 06:47:30 AM »
We had a gray Blue Russian cross called "Mr Bo Jangles". Mr Bo Jangles was quite simply a psychotic kickarse cat. As a kid I was terrified of him. He would regularly attack my brother and I for kicks and draw blood.
He used to hunt full grown feral rabbits twice his size from the bush next door and bring them home to eat them. He used to beat up all the cats in about 3 kms from our home in each direction.
He got his arse kicked when he was 10 years old. REALLY badly 4 nights running and so went all of his territory.
Something almost this size

He was about the size of a medium sized dog, matted and scabby and infected. Nasty scarred looking thing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:45:35 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11645 on: January 12, 2019, 07:15:18 AM »
When we were children running around the yard barefooted my sister stepped on a mouse skeleton.  The teeth closed on her foot.  She hobbled into the house, Mom removed the mouse, cleaned it and bandaged it.  Back to playing; outside, shoeless.

I'm fighting a cheeky impulse to praise your Mom for cleaning and bandaging the mouse.  :asthing:

Well, I sure messed that one up.  Thanks for the face palm laugh you gave me.

I'm glad the little Monarch had a chuckle. :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11646 on: January 12, 2019, 05:27:08 PM »
Realizing (again) that I'm not a late night person. Still haven't recovered from last night. Early to bed for me tonight.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11647 on: January 13, 2019, 09:58:17 PM »
I’m so angry. My mother doesn’t know when to shut up.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11648 on: January 14, 2019, 04:59:21 AM »
Sounds like you need to tell her to STFU then DFG.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11649 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
I need a nap
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11650 on: January 14, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »
*scoops up miss K, lays her down gently on the sofa and pulls the duvet over her, with a cup of hot chocolate and a bowl of ice cream for supper*

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11651 on: January 14, 2019, 01:05:38 PM »
After another weekend of working at the Evil Empire of walmart, it's easy to say that kid's are dumb and  irritating, I step back and see how the parents function.  Then I feel sorry for the kids as I now understand why they are doing dumb things. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11652 on: January 14, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
Sounds like you need to tell her to STFU then DFG.

No. She gets even louder and howly if I do. I usenoise cancelling headphones with earplugs to muffle the sounds.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11653 on: January 14, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
Why what is her problem ducky? whats she bitching about?

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11654 on: January 14, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »
Why what is her problem ducky? whats she bitching about?

I completely forgot. Usually about things that make her angry like when the cats when they con her into feeding them by whining for more food. She’s like a fast food joint to them.