Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201414 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11580 on: January 03, 2019, 03:32:06 PM »
Guernica :P

That's been done already.  :P

Something on that scale. Trump, maybe. :P

I'm not painting any goddamn walls, that's for sure.  He can kiss my ass.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11581 on: January 03, 2019, 03:36:35 PM »
A shame. It could have been epic. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11582 on: January 03, 2019, 03:39:51 PM »

It would have gotten me detained by Homeland Security for inappropriate content.  :P

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11583 on: January 03, 2019, 03:41:30 PM »
Got me thinking, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11584 on: January 03, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »

I agree.  Trump kissing her ass would be awesome.  Make Asses Great Again.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11585 on: January 03, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »

LMAO  :plus:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11586 on: January 03, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »

I've been holiday-eating.  Call it the 378 Days Of Christmas.  My ass is epic.  :autism:

People forget.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11587 on: January 03, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »

It would have gotten me detained by Homeland Security for inappropriate content.  :P

You and me both!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11588 on: January 04, 2019, 06:40:12 PM »
eek!  my latest karma comment for lestat turned into gibberish. and you can't correct karma
i dunno if it's my brain or the forum software , but. that's it,  i'm gonna give the former a rest :)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11589 on: January 04, 2019, 07:01:22 PM »
Don't worry hun, I knew what you meant just fine.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11590 on: January 04, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »
The maga tards are firing their guns at 9:30 at night,  I call the police for the noise and the rudeness and all that.  FFS, why do you need to be firing a gun at this hour.  Multiple shots in the dark...why?  The poor cop comes to my door and I speak with him, even he agrees that this is STOOOOOOOPID! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11591 on: January 05, 2019, 11:18:18 AM »
My life would have far more free time if I didn't have dogs, but it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11592 on: January 05, 2019, 02:49:49 PM »
Why not go for invertebrate pets miss K?, the likes of the widow spiders make great pets, really non-aggressive, intriguing to watch, although mostly in respect of their habits. Very, very low maintenance pets, and if you get bitten, you WERE asking for it.

I've only ibeen bitten once, keeping black widows, brown widows and Steatoda (false widows), and from her point of view, I DID deserve what she gave me, whilst feeding her, got nipped on a finger and oh fucking SHIT were the next few days awful. Felt like I'd been nerve-gassed, very, very similar to the effects of anticholinesterase nerve agents (no, I wasn't synthing tabun, sarin, VX, novichok agents etc. for the hell of it, it was a plant-derived anticholinesterase that got me, and given the pairing up of similar effects and known mechanisms of action, I can safely say either are fairly similar and both downright unpleasant,

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11593 on: January 05, 2019, 03:48:12 PM »
Why not go for invertebrate pets miss K?, the likes of the widow spiders make great pets, really non-aggressive, intriguing to watch, although mostly in respect of their habits. Very, very low maintenance pets, and if you get bitten, you WERE asking for it.

I've only ibeen bitten once, keeping black widows, brown widows and Steatoda (false widows), and from her point of view, I DID deserve what she gave me, whilst feeding her, got nipped on a finger and oh fucking SHIT were the next few days awful. Felt like I'd been nerve-gassed, very, very similar to the effects of anticholinesterase nerve agents (no, I wasn't synthing tabun, sarin, VX, novichok agents etc. for the hell of it, it was a plant-derived anticholinesterase that got me, and given the pairing up of similar effects and known mechanisms of action, I can safely say either are fairly similar and both downright unpleasant,
I don't have an interest in them. Given my two brown recluse bites, I'm good. Plus, I *love* dogs. I can't be without one.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11594 on: January 05, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »
I've been thinking of getting a scorpion, myself. probably Parabuthus spp., P.transvaalicus being the ore interesting of the genus, as either it alone, or the genus alone, among scorpions, are capable of firing their venom defensively. Not that I'd deliberately piss it off just to see it scared, wouldn't be right.

Or, alternatively, the israeli deathstalker, Leiurus quinquestriatus, not so much for the creature itself, but for the potential money due to the fact deathstalker scorpions produce a peptide in their venom, named chlorotoxin, that is highly selective in binding to certain types of brain tumor cells (malignant glioma, one of the nastiest and hardest to treat) I've had the idea for a long time, but you can just see the potential in that without being a medicinal chemist, radiolabeled chlorotoxin could be used both to image the cancer, with I should think, an extremely high resolution if one of the non-critical hydrogens were to be replaced by a fluorine-18, a as fluorine can often behave as a bioisostere of hydrogens, although non-labile to metabolism, hence frequent use in enzyme inhibitors. such as organofluorophosphate nerve agents, and fluoroacetate/aka the nasty as hell pesticide 10-80, as the fluorine makes the molecule often LOOK similar, from a steric and electrostatic point of view, so can often bind in a similar way to what a hydrogen substituted molecule with the hydrogen/fluorine position being the same, but it can't easily be chewed off metabolically, save for a very very few exceptions.

Bingo, ligand for either accurately imaging (18F is a radioactive isotope of fluorine, synthetic, short half live, around 100 hours, and decays via positron emission) which would make it ideal for PET scanning malignant glioma, or potentially, given the right radioisotope, nuke the bastard, not with a baseball bat like modern chemotherapy, but more akin to an IR laser-guided airstrike, surgical precision to deliver radiotherapy)

I've never been a dog person, rescued one once because she needed to be rescued from her bastard 'owners' but usually it's been either cats or rescue critters.

Brown recluse bites? confirmed?  Hey at least it's likely as not to have been the commonest of the rescluses (recleese? recleeses? :P), Sicariid venom is nasty stuff. Apparently their bigger, far, FAR more dangerous relatives, Sicarius (recluses are in the same family, Sicariid spiders, the word meaning 'assassin' in latin.) Loxosceles are at least small, but their Sicarius relatives are actually ending up in the exotic pet trade....jesus H. Apparently not very aggressive, and people have had very few envenomations, as the natural habitat is deep in the deserts, where they bury themselves in sand, to ambush prey, but are lightening fast, and think 'same kind of venom, just uploaded into a massively more powerul delivery vehicle, only ever read of two bites, but of the two, one of them died, the other lost the arm he was bitten on. Heard the bite compared to that of a gaboon viper in effect, and most likely, outclassing either australian funnelwebs, either Atrax or Hadronyche, as well as the brazillian wandering spider. Its just good luck they don't live near people, and the only people that live near them, KNOW they are there, and exactly what they are capable of (a recluse bite can cause nasty nectrotizing wounds, as you doubtless know, but Sicariius are another matter entirely, expect to end up dead, slowly and nastily, and that's if you are lucky. Although IF I had to choose any of the three as a pet, it'd probably be a Sicariid, or Atrax, as at least they don't actively go for people, I've heard things from people with Phoneutria as pets, that would make your skin crawl, like their running headlong towards the tank and trying to fling themselves over the top, and even accidental imports on fruit, people trying to squash Phoneutria (brazillian wandering spiders) with a broom, only to find the spider legging it up towards them ready to throw down. Real berserkir little bastards from every account I've ever heard.