Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 205617 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11460 on: December 08, 2018, 07:53:46 PM »
One of the partners at the xmas party last night called crush boi and I BF & GF. Oh well if people think there's something going on between us (there's not).
Until a reliable witness ever sees us holding hands or kissing (which nobody ever will) they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Possible stupid question here.

Why do you call him crush boi if you never intend to get romantic with him??

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11461 on: December 09, 2018, 09:03:58 AM »
One of the partners at the xmas party last night called crush boi and I BF & GF. Oh well if people think there's something going on between us (there's not).
Until a reliable witness ever sees us holding hands or kissing (which nobody ever will) they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Possible stupid question here.

Why do you call him crush boi if you never intend to get romantic with him??

Well I can't change his pseudonym now otherwise nobody will know who I'm talking about. His name is actually Paul :laugh:
He's a bit of an aromantic/asexual oddity. It's a bit like a straight girl having a gay man best friend.
I'm too ugly for him of he were ever to change his mind anyway :P

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #11462 on: December 09, 2018, 05:41:36 PM »
Well, after reading the last post, I am now thinking about the crushes I currently have, lol.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11463 on: December 10, 2018, 12:46:43 AM »
Thinking I need more coffee. Plus, I'd better get to work. :hamsterwheel:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11464 on: December 10, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
11 a.m. on a Saturday.  Got a call from The PR's support coordinator doing her monthly phone call check up.  Poor her, too many clients, too little time.

:facepalm2:  Never mind.  Today is Monday, not Saturday.   :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:40:59 AM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11465 on: December 10, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
thinking about having interesting conversations

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11466 on: December 11, 2018, 05:40:59 AM »
Queensland is gonna get rekt throughout the next week. TC Owen is forecast to follow the same track as Oswald did back in 2013, the one that gave Bundy it's worst flood on record.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11467 on: December 11, 2018, 07:06:04 AM »
Poor her? not at all! she's lucky, a lucky, lucky wee lil bugger!

She has the PR!

To me, that'd make up for the shittiest jobs in the world, coming to homes having to carry a concealed pair of silenced pistols and a long dagger in a wrist-sheath, if I had to do that day in, day out, but knew that once a month, I'd  be honoured by the PR allowing me to speak her name,  hear her voice, that would  make up for it all.

Currently I'm thinking 'SQUEEEEBBLLLEESSS!!!'

My old man just brought in  a big cardboard box, well wrapped, for me. The 5 liter jug of 99.95% purity methylene chloride I ordered on, IIRC, friday. SQUEEBLESSQUEEBLESSQUEEBLES!

I was  running SO low on dichlor, that the tiny bit left in the last lot I bought, a 10 liter jug,  of DCM, there was so little left, that I could pour the remainder into the headspace of the new bottle, and just keep the empty bottle as a solvent resistant bottle for keeping waste solvent after I assign a specific type of waste solvent to it, label as such, for redistillation. That way I don't take up space in the fridge with two big cans but one with no more than a small beaker full. few hundred ml at most. I was gasping for more dichlor, really, really gasping for a refill.

Old man brought in the package and said 'this sounds like it has liquid in it, it's probably yours'

Slit it open, very carefully, and it wasn't quite what I expected, it was the DCM. I'm expecting another package, which is why, containing 3x1 liter bottles of high-concentration (85%) HCOOH (formic acid)

Could have gotten 95%, but more expensive for 500ml when ripoff shipping is included, because they were fucking american sellers.
I HATE american ebay chemical merchants. They make more money in the shipping fees they rip people off for than they charge for their items. Dirty skeezy fucknumpties.

Shit, I've often thought of listing say, 10 and 20, 25, 50g pots of reagent grade red phosphorus, as it's DAMN hard to get in the US, because it's used by a few people with not enough sense to make P2P and use reductive amination, maybe even form an imine and catalytically hydrogenate the imine to reduce it to the amine, in an enantioselective process using a chiral ruthenium catalyst, so no isomer resolution and 50% waste for each cycle taking the laevo-(meth/ethyl)amphetamine crud back to phenylacetone.

And sell them the phosphorus in tiny little packets, charging 50 quid for 10g or something horrid like that, just to get payback, selling ONLY to america. (My phosphorus would be genuine of course, mine is good stuff, got it in a 2 kilogram lot, from a contact who has a contact who can purchase from Sigma-Aldrich; they can get nigh anything, but to us plebs, they wouldn't deign to so much as sell us a drop of their janitor's cat's latest dead mouse's dying squirt of piss for a grand plus half a K shipping.

Hell they'd not even answer emails unless it was to set up an acct, and that only until they realize 'no official affiliation', at which point they'd drop us as if we were white-hot dog turd chunks.

But, I've connections, and as such, 2kg (minus what I've used already) of the best red phossy going :)

Old man brought my package, but it was the 5l dichlor I ordered, still waiting for 3 liters of 85% formic acid and 250g ammonium formate. Which in the first case free shipping, the formic i mean, coming from the UK, as did the DCM, the 250g am.formate, that is courtesy of IIRC, lithuania. Love dealing with russkis, polish and lithuanians, they give what they claim to give and they can ship for nowt, at least on my end.

Can't wait for that ammonium formate to get here, I've got something I've been wanting to try with it for ages, a zinc dust-ammonium formate mediated catalytic transfer hydrogenation type reduction, no Raney nickel, no cobalt boride, no nickel boride, no copper boride even, and certainly no platinum group metalorganics which either are horribly expensive, needing every, single,fucking, microgram recovering, for reuse, right down to the last speck, under a magnifying glass.

One I looked at for something once, to use in combination with IIRC triphenylsilane, Sigma would have charged me over a pound a milligram of catalyst! and their phenylsilane was so awfully pricy that I couldn't afford to do it, I'll have to buy basic, cheap (as they can be had at all) salts of the platinum group metal, iridium IIRC, one of the cheaper ones, or even iridium metal dust and attack it using molten potassium or sodium cyanide to form a hexacyanoiridate, and proceed from there, make it into an iridium oxide, form a halide with say, either bromine, or insert into an inert tube and  use chlorine gas at as close  to 1000 'C as I can get it, to flow over the iridium as  fine, fine dust, as iridium whilst a Pt group metal is one of the cheaper ones, almost no jewelers use. I'm sure I have the phenylsilane procedure and iridium catalyst noted down in one or other of my laboratory notebooks.

(I've  got several. I've had enough hard drive failures in my lifetime not to trust them that much. I'd HATE to lose my whole life's most interesting work, the accounts thereof in detail, albeit cryptic, so only I know what certain things such as 'substrate was added' actually MEAN, I.e just WHAT that substrate actually is. So I keep my lab books on paper, although I ought to copy them to computer as a backup.)

But I LIKE having my lab notes in actual books, books one can pick up, hold in the hand and flick through until finding just what I want, and being able to take them to environments a computer air intake would be harmed by. AFAIK they'd not like things like iodine monochloride or bromine vapour, chlorine gas, nitric acid fumes, mercury vapour, cyanides, azides...I doubt the innards of a laptop would appreciate having the gold stripped off the processor contacts by mercury vapours!

So its  nice, just being able to pick up a paper book I KNOW cannot crash, lest I myself  accidentally drop it into a vat of  corrosives or oxidizers. Or hear the filth try entering, hear the words 'search warrant' and quickly pour out a tray of sulfuric acid, 98-99% concentration, and just drop the notebooks in, knowing no forensic team in the world would be able to recover them.

And hopefully some ignorant fucking swine would put themselves in hospital with worse-than-third-degree depth burns, searing and smoking, where what used to be pork, first became roast pork, then pork scratchings, then a mere lump of H2SO4-impregnated, smoking, acid spitting, SO2-emitting charcoal.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11468 on: December 11, 2018, 07:14:51 AM »
Whoever thought this up should win person of the century:

Your cell phone number should be the same as your license plate number, so if you drive like a jackass, we can call you up.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11469 on: December 11, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
Thinking that I need to get up now. I'm being a lazy potato this morning.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11470 on: December 11, 2018, 12:37:15 PM »
That I NEED to get this nitroalkene reduced to the nitroalkane tonight, and then to the aminoalkane. First though I must recrystallize the nitroalkene, it's a full 20 degrees 'C below melting point.

And surprisingly, when I went to do my morphine shot earlier, I found a vein, easily, usually it's so hard I don't bother and use intramuscular dosing, even anaesthetists have to use ultrasound guidance on me to find one, it's a nuisance. This time though one just showed it's face straight away, had forgotten what THAT felt like...fucking hell. A hell of a rush, when it's dosed IV, near knocked me sideways, even at the for me, low dose of 210mg.
Made my whole face go bright red, same for my hands and feet due to the instant histamine release. Heart racing, but at the same time, in an oddly, very pleasant way.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11471 on: December 11, 2018, 09:23:25 PM »
Wondering why so many of us had trouble sleeping last night.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #11472 on: December 12, 2018, 02:09:27 PM »
Why my arms are tingling and ears ringing? Shit just can't be silent, ever.  :laugh:
:skywarp:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11473 on: December 12, 2018, 08:00:30 PM »
Wondering why when I wander away from this place, I'm always gone for so long. Then I come back and I remember how much I miss it.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11474 on: December 12, 2018, 09:14:20 PM »
^It's good to see you, Phoenix. :) I hope you stay, always like your posts.

Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae