Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201396 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11430 on: December 01, 2018, 08:05:33 PM »
I hope you get the bank position, then. :)
Thank you.

The mining company also wants me to do some sort of test on computer. I'm getting horribly nervous about this. It's tomorrow. Don't think I'll sleep tonight.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11431 on: December 02, 2018, 02:41:42 AM »
Thank you.

The mining company also wants me to do some sort of test on computer. I'm getting horribly nervous about this. It's tomorrow. Don't think I'll sleep tonight.

It'll be fine. Don't worry.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11432 on: December 02, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »
Good lesson, learned hard ...

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11433 on: December 03, 2018, 12:53:22 AM »
Thank you.

It'll be fine. Don't worry.
You were right, it was fine. The first interview with two people was difficult as they asked me things like what did I find positive about their company and what new(ish) technology could be applied to their work.

There was no assessment like I thought there'd be as that was what was written down in my email from them. Instead we had a visit to their robotics lab and saw a NASA humanoid robot which is usually up on the ISS. It had very dexterous hands. There were a few smaller robotic machines that reminded me of remote control cars but they had some sophisticated cameras on them, measuring body heat for example.

I didn't make an ass of myself and I suppose that's the main thing. My next interview will be with the bank and that's on the 11th.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11434 on: December 03, 2018, 03:25:10 AM »
Discovered a new band earlier, called bleed from within,  a kind of heavy, djent-y techmetal sound to them, but with quite cleanly discernable  bass, guitar, vocals.

Done a cover  of Papa Roach 'blood brothers' off of their 'infest' album. Their own interpretation,  and I quite like it, they add some reverb and  dirty-sounding distortion, as  well as  upping the tempo of the main guitar/bass lick so it's slightly out of sync compared to the original, but it still sounds good to me.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11435 on: December 03, 2018, 07:59:31 AM »
Another watermelon ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11436 on: December 03, 2018, 10:57:05 AM »
Another watermelon ...

I think I like this one the most.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11437 on: December 04, 2018, 06:01:32 AM »
Got Kayleigh a good one. She was complaining about cleaning the cats' litter tray and then asked me why didn't I clean it out. I said, " Because I do your washing."

It's true, when I wash my stuff I usually do hers as well.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11438 on: December 05, 2018, 09:19:20 AM »
Discovered a new band earlier, called bleed from within,  a kind of heavy, djent-y techmetal sound to them, but with quite cleanly discernable  bass, guitar, vocals.

I like it from what I heard. When I get back into screamy metal, I will give it another listen.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11439 on: December 05, 2018, 09:20:04 AM »
Another watermelon ...

I think I like this one the most.

Yeah and not scary at all.
 :GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11440 on: December 05, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »
When I was at the bank last week I looked into one of my deposit boxes and placed all the silver I had gleaned recently into storage awaiting a spot price jump.

I had read about a few fake Engelhard silver bars showing up on the market and how you should do a magnet test with a very strong magnet. Suggestion was to buy a neodymium magnet to make sure that no one added a heavy steel or iron bar to the middle of your silver bars. There is also a borax test that you can do because they cut the bars into two pieces and melt out the center (worth about fifteen hundred bucks) to be refilled with an iron ingot worth about ten cents and to seal it back up they used borax as a flux.
Well I did not buy a fancy magnet (actually I have many, but they are set into working speakers) but I went through all my bars and compared the serial numbers to all the title pages I received with each bar. All the titles appear to be legitimate.

I honestly was always so flipped out to get my hands on a new one hundred ounce bar of silver, I just threw the titles into a folder. All my titles match the serial numbers on all twenty four of my bars and so I think I am OK. The embossing of the Engelhard seal would be almost impossible to fake.

I recommend that any of you with silver bars set aside determine if they are real or fake before you have to find out the hard way. Magnet test or whatever. Mine were easy and guaranteed by the leading silver seller on this continent.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11441 on: December 05, 2018, 05:26:37 PM »
When I was at the bank last week I looked into one of my deposit boxes and placed all the silver I had gleaned recently into storage awaiting a spot price jump.

I had read about a few fake Engelhard silver bars showing up on the market and how you should do a magnet test with a very strong magnet. Suggestion was to buy a neodymium magnet to make sure that no one added a heavy steel or iron bar to the middle of your silver bars. There is also a borax test that you can do because they cut the bars into two pieces and melt out the center (worth about fifteen hundred bucks) to be refilled with an iron ingot worth about ten cents and to seal it back up they used borax as a flux.
Well I did not buy a fancy magnet (actually I have many, but they are set into working speakers) but I went through all my bars and compared the serial numbers to all the title pages I received with each bar. All the titles appear to be legitimate.

I honestly was always so flipped out to get my hands on a new one hundred ounce bar of silver, I just threw the titles into a folder. All my titles match the serial numbers on all twenty four of my bars and so I think I am OK. The embossing of the Engelhard seal would be almost impossible to fake.

I recommend that any of you with silver bars set aside determine if they are real or fake before you have to find out the hard way. Magnet test or whatever. Mine were easy and guaranteed by the leading silver seller on this continent.

I test jewelry with one.

If you have any old hard drives laying around, crack one open, most have two. Useful little things.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11442 on: December 05, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »

Good idea!
Easier to carry around than a forty pound speaker too.
 :thumbup:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #11443 on: December 05, 2018, 06:03:40 PM »
There is no money in Silver but there should be. I think it's being held down in the markets on purpose
:skywarp:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11444 on: December 05, 2018, 06:26:22 PM »
There is no money in Silver but there should be. I think it's being held down in the markets on purpose

Price of silver is down right now, you are right.
I do not know about markets being manipulated much these days. It has happened before, though.

As an investor, the fact that an irreplaceable commodity is having a downturn in value means it is a great time to buy.
Trust me on this. The price will go up.

Some of the bars I own were purchased for around five hundred bucks. Even during this low spot price part of the year they are worth more than double what I paid. Either buy or sit tight right now. Investing in metals can be tricky, but silver is a no-brainer.

Look also into copper investments. Prices are fairly low for that necessary element as well. You do not hoard this though, you buy futures.