Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11415 on: November 29, 2018, 02:25:48 PM »
Few more ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11416 on: November 29, 2018, 03:45:18 PM »
Well, the jerkwad emotionally abusive exboyfriend of Amber has not been heard from in a couple of weeks.  He wants us to pay him for the stuff he GAVE her, but, we are ignoring him.  And Amber and I are doing two nights of Kung-Fu at the YMCA together.  Since she doesn't want to be there alone in the evening without back up.  I love the class, it's good for my focus and physical well being.  Plus, it allows her to throw her old man around!    :laugh:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11417 on: November 30, 2018, 12:24:31 AM »

I enjoy these fruit carvings.

+

Those are pretty cool.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11418 on: November 30, 2018, 12:25:34 AM »
Thinking about the work I need to do (and preferably finish) today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11419 on: November 30, 2018, 02:01:08 AM »
Thinking about the two interviews I have coming up. One on Monday with a mining company and one on the 11th with a bank. They both sent me a list of questions they would like me to answer at the interviews. The bank has the easier questions.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11420 on: November 30, 2018, 07:17:25 AM »
Working on some craft projects.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11421 on: November 30, 2018, 03:31:41 PM »
Thinking about the two interviews I have coming up. One on Monday with a mining company and one on the 11th with a bank. They both sent me a list of questions they would like me to answer at the interviews. The bank has the easier questions.

They sent you the questions in advance? How does that work?

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11422 on: November 30, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »
I found a tool box on the side of the road a bit ago. Obviously something that fell off a construction truck.
I never pass up tools when I see them on the road.

Today it turned out to be a box full of trailer locks, to keep scumbags from just driving up and stealing trailers. There were five really nice locks in that box. Someone is going to be sad. One was an Amplock brand which goes for over a hundred dollars. The others were simple Master Lock brand which go for around twenty five bucks.

My neighbor, who works in construction, was amazed that I just gave them to him. He said he could offer me some money for them. I told him I got them for free, they just fell out of the sky. Get them into the hands of guys who can use them. All is good.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11423 on: November 30, 2018, 05:18:42 PM »
I have benefited from roadside finds a few times. I have a fabulous pick ax that I probably would never have bought, but it fell out of the sky, so now I have one if I need it. I have actually used it quite a bit, now that I have one.
I also have an enormous sledge hammer that I would NEVER have bought. It is a solid chunk of cast iron (I know it is not actually cast iron, because cast iron does not make a decent hammer, but it looks cast, then maybe hardened) and inscribed on the side is "18 Lbs."  Almost impossible to swing, but I have used it to jockey pavers around while setting them. Just a nudge and big rocks move in the ground.

Many other tools I have found that I kept. I feel fine giving the locks to my neighbor.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:37:06 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11424 on: November 30, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »
That was on the way back from the bank where I deposited my latest hundred rolls of half dollars I bought for silver searching.

I was very excited to get these from outlying counties and smaller banks, hoping that my recent good luck would hold.
I was so excited I did not even post a blow-by-blow account of digging through them all.

Now I am back to reality, since my search was more like most of my searches. Mostly a no go, but not really a waste of time.
Out of one hundred rolls of half dollars, I only found thirty one pieces of silver this time.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11425 on: November 30, 2018, 05:48:55 PM »
I really need to stop watching national news, the magatard shit is beginning to enrage and depress me!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #11426 on: November 30, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »
I really need to stop watching national news, the magatard shit is beginning to enrage and depress me!

I quit paying attention to the orange buffoon even before he won the election.

Anytime I see anything Trump related, I just gloss over it.   ::)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11427 on: November 30, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »

I quit paying attention to the orange buffoon even before he won the election.

Anytime I see anything Trump related, I just gloss over it.   ::)

I'm slowly getting there!   As he drags our country closer and closer to ruin!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11428 on: December 01, 2018, 01:37:32 AM »
They sent you the questions in advance? How does that work?
They emailed me through the Australian Computer Society who are handling the correspondence, I guess.

The mining company wants uni students. Well, I was at uni. Not doing computer science though. I'll just have to say what I did and hope for the best. I'd prefer the bank position though. They seem more amicable.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11429 on: December 01, 2018, 04:35:11 AM »
I hope you get the bank position, then. :)

- Albert Einstein