Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201386 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11145 on: September 08, 2018, 11:57:19 PM »
Talking of preppers, you would not fucking believe the stash this eastern european clandestine chemist from one of the forums I frequent  has.

Not just pistols, rifles, but he's got fucking .50 cal autocannons, rocket launchers, RPGs, stashes of explosives. Absofuckinglutely insane collection. If ever there is a zombie apocalypse, I KNOW who I'm going to hook up with. A fellow clandestine chem maniac, and one with an arsenal that could outfit a special forces squad or five. Only thing he needs to add is a gauss rifle or two, and a chainsaw, just for comedy kills :D
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11146 on: September 11, 2018, 09:57:41 AM »
This might be a good day.

I woke up with the cell phone alarm when it went off for the first time. 
I have it set at (and named)
7:00 - First Call,
7:30 - Second Chance
8:00, - GET THE HELL UP.

Woke up to a black ball of fur sharing my pillow.  Martha Gras was sleeping with me.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #11147 on: September 11, 2018, 11:35:38 AM »
Isn't it interesting how you always get sick on the weekends?

Norovirus?
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11148 on: September 11, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »
Isn't it interesting how you always get sick on the weekends?

Norovirus?

Don't know. It keeps lurking. I felt like shit on Sunday, slightly better yesterday and shit again this morning. It probably doesn't help that I'm travelling a lot this week.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11149 on: September 13, 2018, 07:38:13 PM »
Thinking right now that idiots seldom know a good thing when they see it.

I have a niece (not blood, but more spiritual - she is the daughter of my wife's oldest brother's wife and that brother's wife's first marriage) who was fired at her work yesterday.
She is a volunteer at several animal shelters and has done this work for about twenty years, mostly volunteering. She does not need to work. She wants to do this work.
When she was about to enter college, about twenty four years ago, her "bio-dad" set her up with a trust that would do everything for her after he died. Well as an eighteen year old, finding out she is destined to be a multimillionaire, she blew off college. She has since gone back and gotten a decent veterinary and social education, but his interfering with her mom's plans for her daughter was never done more cleverly by any other divorced asshole. He died about a year later.

So not needing to ever work, she followed her heart and spent most of her time in animal shelters and going to disaster sites to help take care of animals displaced or abandoned  due to floods, hurricanes, tornadoes or anywhere there were forgotten pets or animals in distress. Oh, she is on her way to the Carolinas with five other people and a rental truck full of supplies to offer aide once the hurricane is done over there. This is something she has been doing since hurricane Katrina and probably will never stop. Great!  Good for her and all.

But she fucked up a few weeks ago. In an effort to help place even more pets into proper hands, before they are euthanized due to "having been there too long," she began to post pics of herself interacting with some of these animals on her Facebook page. There is apparently a subsection in this latest animal society's by-laws about not promoting animal adoption using photos of people and animals, exactly what she thought might help.
Someone ratted her out and she was fired for violating policy.  :bigcry:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

This fucking sucks!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:47:16 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11150 on: September 13, 2018, 08:01:55 PM »
That does really suck. Especially since your niece isn't the only person to do that. I've seen a fair amount of people interacting with rescue animals on Facebook, especially dogs and cats.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11151 on: September 13, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »
That does really suck. Especially since your niece isn't the only person to do that. I've seen a fair amount of people interacting with rescue animals on Facebook, especially dogs and cats.
I did not ask if she knew there was a policy against this horrid behavior of posting cutesy pics of animals who need a new home or not.

I did ask how the fuck some asshole place fires a volunteer. She just said they do so and she is no longer wanted there, except for about twenty other people who volunteer there.
 :zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11152 on: September 14, 2018, 06:15:33 AM »

Everyone loves to see a new business opening up in their community. You see it happening, day by day if you often travel that corridor of the city. One day an empty building has activity within and a huge dumpster placed outside while they revamp the interior to the new vision of the building. Wondering who or what is going to occupy that nice old building once things come together for the new tenants, you watch for a sign to come up or some ideas from the construction for further speculation even.

Then, finally they are almost ready to open and a massive sign is being erected above the place and now you finally know what it is going to be. Not a new restaurant, not another car audio place, not a new pet grooming parlor, but a "Discount Tattoo Removal Lab."  I mean wtf!?!

If you already have some idiotic tattoo on your ass somewhere and feel the need to be rid of it, why would you tempt confounding the list of errors by patronizing a "discount" service? Anyone?

I wish them well. There are plenty of folk here who probably will use the service.
:facepalm:

I was actually hoping for a Greek restaurant, tbh.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11153 on: September 14, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »
@ DirtDawg                   April Fool's Day now comes in September?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11154 on: September 14, 2018, 11:11:45 AM »

Makes as much sense as their calling it a "lab."
 :autism:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11155 on: September 14, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
Lots of people on the train.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11156 on: September 14, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »
Lots of people on the train.

Better than even one person under a train.

Caught Unstoppable a bit back.  Quite a good movie.  But D.W. is always easy on the eyes. Chris Pine is a close 4th or 5th.

(Pardon the caught and unstoppable pun)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #11157 on: September 14, 2018, 08:52:17 PM »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11158 on: September 15, 2018, 12:22:31 AM »
:lol1:

^There are a few Onion autistic reporter videos. I like the prison one. Michael Falk looks like he wants to live there.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11159 on: September 15, 2018, 01:19:01 AM »
Feeling worn out. I need more sleep.

- Albert Einstein