Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201368 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11115 on: August 28, 2018, 04:32:42 PM »
Might be fun to check out. Not sure there is more than a passing interest as far as historical significance goes, but I found an unopened, absolutely brand new Mercury Direct to 35mm film recording of various cinema music, including some from"Westside Story" and a few Chopin waltzes and a Bernstein on Side B. Now, my mind tends to want to challenge the labeling. I am not sure, but I do not think that the soundtrack music for "Westside Story"  was originally recorded in this format. This has to be a "direct from master tapes" recording at its best, I think.
Ninety nine cents at the Salvation Army store, unopened.

Also grabbed eight other really cherry Deutsche Grammophon classical offerings for the same price, but all but one are multiple disc concerts from Vienna, Berlin, Budapest and a few other places. One of them is a six disc collection recorded over several days of various composers interpreted on harpsichord and cello and a few on Spanish guitar - I can not wait until I get this one sanitized and have it ready to spin!   All were ninety nine cents, each, even the six disc collection.
 :2thumbsup:

Thinking it was a good day of album scrounging. Had to do something while my daughter shopped for her interests.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11116 on: August 28, 2018, 05:50:02 PM »
Something decided to shed its winter undercoat (really soft, fine fur) on the mat on our front doorstep and on the path leading up to it as well.

No idea, it may have been a cat or a possum. It doesn't look like the aftermath of a fight because there's no blood and there is no skin. My wife told me that she'd seen something that looked like a very big rat climbing the tree outside the night before (almost certainly a possum). She thought maybe the possum had been in a fight with something.... I told her that if the possum had been in a fight with, for example, a cat, there would be bits of cat and lots of blood rather than just fur.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11117 on: August 28, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »
Thinking about the  two tasty fillets of cod in breadcrumbs that are just waiting for the oven to preheat. Because I have a case if the munch and my insides are demanding to be filled  with something hot and tasty. Think I'll finish my cigar and then munch on some pickled olives first while I wait for the cod fillets to cook. FUCK! I knew it, I KNEW I was  forgetting something when I was out shopping earlier. Meant to get a lime. Fuck. Oh well. Still be good with a sprinkling of salt, might have to dilute some anhydrous acetic acid down to about 5%, to make a few ml of spirit vinegar, or something equivalent to it, because I haven't got any actual vinegar around.

Depending if I CBF with that.  Got a 6 pack of cold beer, which should do the trick,  a bit of salt on the fish and beer to wash it down the hatch. 

Just snacked on a few pickled black olives, grabbed a cold beer out of the fridge, while I wait the last few minutes for my fish to be ready for munching. Because I am SO  damn hungry and for the past few days have been really thirsty too despite drinking plenty fruit juice (watermelon juice, and guava juice)

Hm.....oh, they aren't the kind of fish fillets with breadcrumbs, these are battered. Even better. I like those even better than I do the breaded kind, I like the crispy texture of the pre-fried batter, just throw them on a  metal wire mesh tray and toss them in the oven at gas 7 for 20 minutes, salt, crack a beer and ready for scoffing, while watching a horror movie.

Then tiime to go to the lab, after finishing my beer, having a cigar , now my tasty battered fish fillets  (looking back I should have done both the boxes of 2 fillets not just one, because I reallly could have eaten both, half a jar of olives notwithstanding. Could definitely have eaten all four of them. I think I'll eat a few creme caramel tubs for pudding, to fill up the extra space in my insides, bought out the entire stock of sainsbury's supermarket earlier, every last single four-pack of creme carramels they had. Had a bowl full of about 8-10 or so of those earlier and ate every last scrap before drinking that lovely toffee flavoured stuff the pudding pots are covered in on both end surfaces.

Oh and owiee, wash out the salt that got into the cut on my finger  from the screwy-arsed fritted Buchner funnel and the razor sharp edge of the collar part of the funnel. Wil try to weld the glass back together using a homemade oxyhydrogen jet-flame.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11118 on: August 29, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »
Got several results back from my visit to the vet three weeks ago with my doggie.

He is fine. We did a standard test of various blood things to assure his health and the antibiotics did well. He is fine.
I paid extra to determine his breeding, being a total mutt and all, but I wanted to have more info.

According to the vet at the Humane Society where we adopted him, he is collie and dachshund mix. The DNA test we had done three weeks ago at our regular vet confirms this. I guess that old vet knew what she was talking about after all.
We have a "big dog" with tiny short legs. Knew that and we love him and he is a fucking awesome dog, but now we know "what"  he is.

His coat has grown out a lot since we got him, about five months ago. I think, maybe the previous owner had him trimmed and his coat was just starting to grow out. He is almost twice the wooly bear he was when we got him. His coat is full and thick and so fucking cute.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:49:53 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11119 on: August 29, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »
Praise from walmart management is not worth the toilet paper it's written on!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11120 on: August 29, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »

Every time I find a new reason to live this bitch just stomps that spark right out.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11121 on: August 29, 2018, 08:35:04 PM »
Whoever this bitch is, I hope she does not spend too much more time in your life.

???
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11122 on: August 31, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
Whoever this bitch is, I hope she does not spend too much more time in your life.

???

You got it!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11123 on: September 02, 2018, 10:01:08 PM »
Praise the Lords of Amazon!  My favorite HP Lovecraft book is missing, since Carla borrowed it on a camping trip.  She like to "mine" HP for his words which are definitely not in the vocabulary in today's society or literature.  But, go to Amazon, find the exact copy and it will be on it's way to me very soon.  I have a craving to read a couple of my favorites.   :book:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11124 on: September 02, 2018, 11:17:31 PM »
Amazon is a dangerous place to be if you don't have enough shelf space.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11125 on: September 02, 2018, 11:25:18 PM »
We in Australia don't have access to the American Amazon store any more. Just the Australian one which isn't as good because it has less in it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11126 on: September 03, 2018, 06:52:21 AM »
UKIP's Nigel Farage MEP was in Perth, WA the other day.  It'll be free trade, good fun and good laughs.  The UK and Australia will enter a new era.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:53:53 AM by Lightning Bolt »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11127 on: September 03, 2018, 07:25:49 AM »
I like Nigel. He is witty and fun.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11128 on: September 03, 2018, 08:25:21 PM »
So my contract finishes on Friday and my boss scheduled a 30 minute meeting.

I was wondering what sort of feedback I was going to get, particularly when they called in the Head of Product as well.

So it was like "wanna stay on?" I said "yes". So they are going to extend my contract by a couple of months and they have already set the wheels in motion to make me a permanent staff member a little further down the track.

And they asked me what my salary expectations were and I told them "market rates range from x to y, and I'm happy to come in at (x + y) / 2". Or rather the numerical equivalent of that, like if x was 10 and y was 20, I'd be coming in at 15.

Based on how happy they looked when I said that... I'm thinking that maybe I should have started a bit higher. 
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11129 on: September 03, 2018, 11:05:20 PM »
Congrats. :)

As for the money, if you're happy with it, then accept it and move on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein