Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 202756 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11025 on: August 07, 2018, 03:20:52 PM »

That sounds like fun, but then let me know when it is time for lawyers, guns and money.

:tinfoil:

Warren Zevon FTW!!!   :headbang2:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11026 on: August 07, 2018, 03:28:27 PM »

That sounds like fun, but then let me know when it is time for lawyers, guns and money.

:tinfoil:

Warren Zevon FTW!!!   :headbang2:

Not everyone would have gotten that. To most it is just a meme.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11027 on: August 07, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 
                 Jimi Hendrix

I just placed this into my sig. I have found others taking credit for this comment online and it irks me. I am tired of Hendrix not receiving his due.

He was a gentle, visionary, seeking soul who only wanted good for all.

Something I remember from Gandhi about how one should be the change you want to see in the world.
Hendrix tried to live that change.

I just wish he had explored the concept of limits.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:26:49 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11028 on: August 07, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »
My dad got into Hendrix after he was gone...not really his era, I remember him playing the UFO track on one of his albums...again and again. He was amazed that anyone could get a guitar to sound like that.

Zevon...I blew out a rear speaker once with either that song or Werewolves of London. I'm thinking the later.

...the bales. Around here and they were never white and washing ashore, but green and baled like hay with a better aroma.  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11029 on: August 07, 2018, 09:06:55 PM »
My dad got into Hendrix after he was gone...not really his era, I remember him playing the UFO track on one of his albums...again and again. He was amazed that anyone could get a guitar to sound like that.

Zevon...I blew out a rear speaker once with either that song or Werewolves of London. I'm thinking the later.

Hey. I can blow all your speakers at once if it gets me anywhere!
 :evillaugh:

Werewolves of London definitely has some irregular sounds included in the mix. With no other info, I would guess that one.

Your dad was right. But I was around for the beginning of his  - or rather OUR awareness of Hendrix. When he died, I died a little, too.  I just ditched school and left. I could not face any part of math or history bullshit - Fuck He died today!! I just left and cried.

Hendrix took guitar further than anyone ever had and no one has begun to approach what he did with very minimal equipment (at first - then toward the end anything he wanted, but it was fucking 1970 and there "weren't" that much to work with, just a loud amp, a pedal or two, any guitar he could find, various echo thingies that no one knew what to do with, a tape machine you could fool into playing yesterdays tracks backwards - 'bout sums it all up)

Just look at what he was able to create with such a tiny palette of audio stuff to work through AND in such a short amount of time he had things his way.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:14:46 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11030 on: August 07, 2018, 09:18:32 PM »

I hope you are a fan.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11031 on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:58 PM »

I think the quote came from a Dick Cavett (spelling?) interview on live television.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11032 on: August 07, 2018, 09:56:00 PM »
I don't mind a bit of Jimi Hendrix. My first CD was a gift from my stepdad, Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze. I gave it a play and was surprised at how much I liked it.

Of course it was one of those CDs that my ex boyfriend nicked.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11033 on: August 07, 2018, 10:07:37 PM »
I don't mind a bit of Jimi Hendrix. My first CD was a gift from my stepdad, Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze. I gave it a play and was surprised at how much I liked it.

Of course it was one of those CDs that my ex boyfriend nicked.

That was his first USA release. Not sure how things went down in Oz.

Being that you guys put the Queen on your "dollar" bills back then I would assume you had the Foxey Lady release as your first ever.
I am just guessing. Both songs are on his first album or CD.

Lots more for you to explore!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11034 on: August 07, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
One of the best things about cleaning out the garage is that you sometimes find things that you forgot you had.

Yep. It is a fart noise maker with a remote.

:zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11035 on: August 08, 2018, 07:49:50 AM »
 :lol1:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11036 on: August 08, 2018, 07:54:12 AM »
Karma is such a wonderful thing to watch as it unfolds in all its glory!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11037 on: August 08, 2018, 09:16:13 AM »
One of the best things about cleaning out the garage is that you sometimes find things that you forgot you had.

Yep. It is a fart noise maker with a remote.

:zoinks:

I think someone bought one of those for the bar. Bunch of damn kids.  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11038 on: August 08, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »
I have some Lennon and Beatles collectibles on vinyl but have never considered parting with them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11039 on: August 08, 2018, 04:31:17 PM »
Just taking a few notes, before I go clean a few things up, some crappy horror movie on the TV in the background, not watching it, more for background noise to help me concentrate than anything else, help me concentrate while I take my notes.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.