Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11010 on: August 06, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
We were told The PR wouldn't crawl properly because she didn't support her weight on her right side.  So she commando crawled.  When she was about two she just started crawling on all fours.  Quite an achievement and a relief for me.  It was very hard finding sturdy clothes that could withstand commando crawling at that age.

Also when she begn to speak it was usually one word sentences, normal words:  want, cookie, drink, etc.
On Easter morning she woke up, came into the kitchen and said, "I had a good sleep."  Not only a sentence, but a thoughtful, non-physical object (cookie, cat, etc)  sentence.  SHe was about 3 1/2 years old. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11011 on: August 06, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »
I can't spit worth a damn, or whistle. The cub has just discovered how to make a brrr-r-r-r-r-r sound by blowing his lips, and he's better at it than I am.  :LOL:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11012 on: August 06, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
My daughter will not talk about it, but she is diligent at tooth brushing, so it must happen.

My son still struggles at keeping a clean chin while spitting.

I can spit, but forget whistling except for the most horrid sounds.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11013 on: August 06, 2018, 11:54:23 PM »
I've had enough of travelling.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11014 on: August 07, 2018, 03:39:07 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11015 on: August 07, 2018, 07:52:26 AM »
Looks like Al is quite the fiddler.

I'm not too keen on travelling for work. It mostly sucks. There are one or two overseas postings I'd jump at if the $$$ were okay but mostly living out of a suitcase and being jet lagged gets old a lot faster than most people would imagine.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11016 on: August 07, 2018, 08:37:20 AM »

I'm not too keen on travelling for work. It mostly sucks. There are one or two overseas postings I'd jump at if the $$$ were okay but mostly living out of a suitcase and being jet lagged gets old a lot faster than most people would imagine.

Sure am. I am a real pervert. I shove Gophers up my arse. No, wait, that is you. Goofy Mother Fucker
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11017 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »

I'm mostly OK with travelling, but I've been on the road for a while now and, just as you say, the living out of a suitcase thing gets old fast.

Not complaining about the $$$. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11018 on: August 07, 2018, 12:05:16 PM »
Took me years and years to learn how to spit. Think I was already living on my own till I could master it a little bit. And I still have to think about it when I want to spit. I so envied my brother for his spitting talents. Shape, distance, speed, he could do it from the moment I realised people could spit. And he is younger than I am.

Down in Indianapolis, at the state fair, they have a watermelon seed spitting contest every year. They love to promote the "country farmer" aspects of the state at this thing. They also have a chicken chase, greased pig thing, hog calling, fried anything and everything on a stick, etc. But that was where we saw the beginning of the hot air balloon race the other day -  not exactly something farmers do, just a bunch of rich guys advertising.

Some of these  seed spitters can spit over fifty feet. The record is over sixty five feet - or around nineteen meters. That's some good spittin' iffin' ya ask me!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11019 on: August 07, 2018, 12:06:53 PM »
Hotel rooms are just so much fun.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #11020 on: August 07, 2018, 12:49:18 PM »
^^^ only if there's hookers, alcohol and coke involved.   :heisenberg:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11021 on: August 07, 2018, 02:03:00 PM »

That sounds like fun, but then let me know when it is time for lawyers, guns and money.

:tinfoil:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11022 on: August 07, 2018, 02:41:40 PM »

I do not share this kind of "basically nonsense"  most of the time, but this has been bugging me for a couple of weeks. I know most of you do not care when I talk about records even though we all went gaga at Parts post about his friend's 45s.
To give up some background, in my efforts to go through all my LPs I am usually visiting Steve Hoffman's website.

I have shared this resource with others here before. Anyway, the site is large and mostly a bunch of serious music collectors, audio junkies and Steve Hoffman fanboys.
There are also a number of old hat music industry hard hitters who visit and contribute regularly. Some of these guys have access written, music label records that help to identify albums by the markings on them in the dead wax areas. So yeah I go there a lot when I am going through my LPs.

I found an original pressing in very close to mint condition of Billy Joel, An Innocent Man LP. I have cleaned it and played it and it does sound amazing, but I am not the biggest Billy Joel fan on the planet. I appreciate his craft and I am very "jealous" of his (ex)wife into the '90s, BUT now I have identified an album worth more than it should be that I own.

I have a dilemma. One of the guys offered me two hundred dollars for it. I bought it for fifty cents a few months back. Not that I am against making a forty thousand percent mark up on something, but do I want to sell this thing or just keep it as a "special piece"  in my collection? Amazon lists mint ones with no estimation as to when or where they were pressed in the forty dollar range.

This a classic reason for me to never pass up any decent condition LP when I find it, even if I think I will never listen to it.
I also want to sell it to him for twenty bucks and just laugh about it.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11023 on: August 07, 2018, 02:56:37 PM »
I can't say.

I had a few that were worth a good bit of money at the time, 5 years later they were worth half that and I needed the storage and the money.

15-20 years later, some will spike once in awhile and wished I still had them, but they never really climbed back up there.

Collectibles are like gambling, you have to know when to sell and when to sit on them and wait. It's a game I seldom win at.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11024 on: August 07, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
Yeah, I know about collectibles.  That is one of my things, rare coins, but I almost never even see what I buy and sell. I use an auction house to make money for me with those things.

This is not about making money, though. I found this presumed, rare treasure and it is mine, albeit at a bargain price, but that is not it either.
I think that having a desirable collection would be cool, but then getting involved with the market value defeats some of the pleasure of the hunt and the "kill," so to speak.

I have something that someone is willing to offer more than four times what Amazon sells similar items for and I do not really care about it. If I had a sort of relationship with the guy, I would probably just give it to him or trade it for a decent Led Zeppelin album.
I find myself on a slippery slope that could easily drag me down and cause me to lose sight of my original interest, "Saving the Bales"  as they used to say in the seventies. (remember, Save The Whales and then all the drug dealers had to dump their cargo of bales of dope. You could find them washing ashore and ...).

I get back to, why do I even look at the dead wax if I want to keep myself "clean?"

I am toying with the slippery slope, here.