Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201378 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10965 on: July 27, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »
 :rofl:

:plus:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10966 on: July 27, 2018, 12:07:21 PM »
I am glad someone got it.

Half of my jokes go unnoticed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10967 on: July 27, 2018, 12:46:03 PM »
But won't it poke a hole in the mattress?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10968 on: July 27, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »
The PR is thinking about saying "Hi!"  hey everybody this is thepr i just want to say hi
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10969 on: July 27, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
But won't it poke a hole in the mattress?

You are truly dangerous.

I am leaving to play with my dog, but not that way.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10970 on: July 27, 2018, 02:50:45 PM »
I have spent the day with my turntable, except for just a few moments to post a bit.

It all started with my efforts to streamline our garage space (about forty thousand dollars worth of professional sound reinforcement gear which I am still looking for ways to donate to our local community) which I have been working toward for months (OK, so I also played with my dog for a while, several times I love that little guy. What a dog!) and I am making great progress. Never allowed my workbench to get buried, but much of the floor space (another one of those word usage things that continues to freak me out.  A floor is a two dimensional area - thay call that area, right -  and space represents at least three dimensions, if not way more. So floor space -  shit I want one!!   ... but mine is yet two dimensional and kind of suxkors for it small size) is taken up by "things"  for which I no longer have a use like computer stuff from the turn of the century. never ever going to try to restart an XP device, seriously.

I know they still work, but my phone is just about as powerful and if I needed to, I could Bluetooth shit without the ancient computer thingies.

But that is NOT the point.

I found two early Moody Blues albums, one a live album, that I had completely forgotten that I had. I kind of just HAD to clean them up and play them.
Now, I am in serious Moody Blues mode or mood or whatever we might call it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have about eight thousand LPs wrapped in aging trash bags, all lined up like soldiers standing at attention stored in my garage "area" (actually they do take up space so I run out of this resource quickly when I store albums in this "space" - worrying) and I literally have almost no idea, NO idea as to the contents.  When LPs became useless to most I bought every fucking thing I could find that was in decent shape, including these Moody Blues albums. So many!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:10:31 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10971 on: July 27, 2018, 02:59:40 PM »
A funny thing I just heard:

Every machine is a smoke machine if you operate it long enough.

Maybe we should start a new thread including machines going back to their real use. Or not.
But that shit is funny to me. Odeon will get this, being a physicist and all. :autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10972 on: July 27, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Actually thinking that I want to go find all the rest of my Moody Blues albums.

This is becoming a problem. :asthing:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10973 on: July 30, 2018, 06:04:46 AM »

I generally hate this guy, but this is some funny shit:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10974 on: July 30, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
I gotta love how some arrogant fool thinks I apologized with an article I posted...when I didn't.  I held up a mirror for myself and others to look at.  Oh well, the judgmental will think what they want and I'll keep moving on. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10975 on: July 31, 2018, 05:44:47 PM »
I only have room for about three hundred albums where my two main turntables live. SO, trying to find a decent way to access all the otheralbums is one of my new projects. Right now and I see no way to change this, since I live with a fabulous woman, I have to rotate things in and out of my "Instant access" closet space that holds about five hundred more.
The mass of my collection is still in the garage.
I have them stored, safe and dust-free, but they are only barely organized. I have enough shelves, an entire wall of my over sized two car garage, but I want to create ""cabinets" with doors so I can get rid of the "dust -safe" giant garbage bags and actually get them all in alphabetical order.

Instead of occasionally breaking open a sealed bag looking for something I know I have and discovering a treasure that I had forgotten about owning, I want to peruse all my treasures and decide from a whim which I want to re-discover whenever I have the time.

Last bag I busted open I found four Ray Charles albums I had forgotten I owned. I do not want that to ever happen again. I want everything organized. I have waited long enough for this. Now that I am retired, surely, SURELY I can manage to get this done.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10976 on: August 01, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »
I would try to get them into shelves or cedar chests. I had a bunch wrapped up like that and thought I was safe. Then a hose popped off the washer and flooded the adjoining room, my mom didn't mention it until a week later. All it takes is a pinhole. Lost about a 1\4 of them, decided to just sell all the rest...or so I thought.

Actually found 3 Elvis lp's  hanging around the other day that somehow missed the boat. Haven't had a record player in over 10 years now. My dad collected most of the Elvis...and Hendrix. :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10977 on: August 01, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »
I would try to get them into shelves or cedar chests. I had a bunch wrapped up like that and thought I was safe. Then a hose popped off the washer and flooded the adjoining room, my mom didn't mention it until a week later. All it takes is a pinhole. Lost about a 1\4 of them, decided to just sell all the rest...or so I thought.

Actually found 3 Elvis lp's  hanging around the other day that somehow missed the boat. Haven't had a record player in over 10 years now. My dad collected most of the Elvis...and Hendrix. :laugh:

Bad luck with the pipe.
Mine are already in shelves, but I want to enclose the shelves to make usable cabinets. 

Mine are in the only place in our home that has no plumbing, so that is not an issue. My biggest concern is this summer has been so flipping HOT! I know that vinyl deteriorates in heat more quickly than than it should. I have Cds out there as well, but honestly CDs seem to be more directly affected by light itself, the actual thing that makes them work. So, I am not so worried about the CDs wrapped up in black plastic.

Our garage is insulated, but during the hot days, even the vents only barely keep it cool. I just have no place safe to store this many albums.
Great to discover your Elvis hidden treasures. You can get a half decent turntable for around one hundred fifty dollars that, when set up properly, it will not destroy your albums. I will not recommend one of those little all in one things.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:31:02 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10978 on: August 01, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »

An interesting two hours, just now.

A "friend" called last night after finding an cool thing at an estate auction - it is what he does. He wanted to come by and show me something he had never seen before. Honestly, I had never seen one either.

About the time my wife was trying to get her gear together and get to work, he shows up. So there were some greetings and pleasantries to accomplish.

Finally he ran back to his truck and brought out this custom, handmade wooden case with an eight string viola inside. It was all acoustic and had never been modified for electric use. I had never seen anything like it.

He wanted my assessment. I had no idea how to even try to tune it, so I went on line and found a number of eight string tunings to try. I could tell by just inspecting it that it was very well constructed. AND the hand carved case!! WOW, it was kind of unique.

The strings were horrid and needed to be changed, but once we got close to "in tune" it had a very warm throaty sound.
I am still amazed!

I showed him a website belonging to luthier in Nashville who might be able to help him assess its value. It was well beyond my experience.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10979 on: August 01, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
Feeling a stirring in my soul....the wind howls, the trees shake and the sounds are mournful..
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant