Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201396 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10860 on: July 17, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
An update of the second amendment is long overdue.

Yeah, because a nation of 325 million people should revolve around the opinions of a narcissistic Scandinavian wanker on the internet who is suffering from Dunning-Kruger effect.   :lolhit:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10861 on: July 17, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »
I just realized the American Revolution could have been called The War of the Georges.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10862 on: July 17, 2018, 10:50:51 PM »
 :lol1:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10863 on: July 18, 2018, 01:07:39 AM »

Yeah, because a nation of 325 million people should revolve around the opinions of a narcissistic Scandinavian wanker on the internet who is suffering from Dunning-Kruger effect.   :lolhit:

No, because a majority of its citizens think so. You belong to a minority, thankfully.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10864 on: July 18, 2018, 06:28:20 AM »

No, because a majority of its citizens think so. You belong to a minority, thankfully.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10865 on: July 18, 2018, 08:01:23 AM »
Where have all the CowboysPirelli Pzeros gone?

They might be hoarded in the NSW police inventory since they got SRT's as highway patrol cars :orly:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #10866 on: July 18, 2018, 08:47:41 PM »
Nothing
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10867 on: July 18, 2018, 08:53:28 PM »
The PR is trying to get the cat to go to sleep.  Good luck with that.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10868 on: July 19, 2018, 11:03:19 AM »
Aww, thats cute :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10869 on: July 19, 2018, 12:21:31 PM »

That is an easy one. Play with them the way they like to play/hunt - chase and jump at things - then feed the cat. It works every time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10870 on: July 19, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »

That is an easy one. Play with them the way they like to play/hunt - chase and jump at things - then feed the cat. It works every time.

We'll have to keep that in mind for the next kitty.  Martha is too old to learn new tricks.  She will come if I whistle.  I trained her that way when she and her sister were fed.

Now (the next afternoon) The PR is telling Martha all about the Back Street Boys.  Poor Martha.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10871 on: July 19, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »
I have been rummage sale shopping a bit lately. Found some amazing things, but very little of interest regarding the older record albums I look for.

But I found a Rembrandt. Yep, I recognize the painting, but I can not name it just yet. It is an amazingly detailed "lithograph imprint"  done and hand signed by a printer and dated from 1894, from a printing shop in Ohio.

They asked twenty five cents for it and it was in a shit frame, but the mounting could easily cost a couple of hundred dollars to have done these days.

I tried to tell the guy that this might be worth more than a quarter (I had not yet removed it from the hideous frame and found the printer's proof marks). He told me that everything in that corner is old stuff that won't sell It's all less than a dollar. So, after scrounging through things a bit more, I came up with two middle of the road CDs and gave him ten bucks, "Keep the change."

Anyway, I doubt that a very common "lithe" from that era is actually valuable, it is very cool to see and it holds up quite well under inspection with my 15X photo loupe. The condition is flawless; well protected by the crappy frame someone blessed the thing with.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:44:13 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10872 on: July 19, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »

We'll have to keep that in mind for the next kitty.  Martha is too old to learn new tricks.  She will come if I whistle.  I trained her that way when she and her sister were fed.

Now (the next afternoon) The PR is telling Martha all about the Back Street Boys.  Poor Martha.

OH!  Come on now, the Back Street Boys are cultural icons (of some era neither of us care about, apparently.) Poor Martha.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10873 on: July 19, 2018, 01:48:59 PM »
The chipmunks are now raiding my cherry tomatoes.  Moved the entire planter closer to the porch and the house like I did Amber's strawberry plant.  That should deter the little fuckers somewhat.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #10874 on: July 19, 2018, 03:33:41 PM »
The chipmunks are now raiding my cherry tomatoes.  Moved the entire planter closer to the porch and the house like I did Amber's strawberry plant.  That should deter the little fuckers somewhat.

Give me a CO2 repeating pellet gun and a 6 pack of beer and I'll get rid of those chipmunks.  :arrr: