Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201385 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10650 on: May 18, 2018, 04:02:49 AM »
Alright I have all cover letters and resumes printed off. Surprise window of opportunity today when the office was near empty and the IT lady went home sick, so I took advantage of it to do some supah seekret printing.

And I stole some envelopes.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10651 on: May 18, 2018, 05:33:30 AM »
Alright I have all cover letters and resumes printed off. Surprise window of opportunity today when the office was near empty and the IT lady went home sick, so I took advantage of it to do some supah seekret printing.

You devious thing!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10652 on: May 18, 2018, 09:31:07 AM »

May good luck follow your good fortune in finding the resources so available.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:32:56 AM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10653 on: May 18, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »
Hoping my painting proves a point to people, or that the series I'm planning will make a point.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10654 on: May 19, 2018, 01:00:31 AM »
Thinking about how to avoid the migraine that's lurking just below the surface.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10655 on: May 19, 2018, 07:53:38 AM »

Coffee.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same with asthma attacks.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10656 on: May 19, 2018, 01:55:38 PM »

Coffee.

Coffee and rest, ffs. Sounds like a rough few weeks for Odeon.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10657 on: May 19, 2018, 02:14:09 PM »
Well, I did not pay off the house.
We had tendered the advise of two financial advisers as to how to deal with my latest horror (company sold out holding some of my investments and de-valued the stock to make the sale. Ends up I lost about one hundred ninety thousand investment dollars over the past two years. They locked all accounts last year due to the impending sale of the company and now that things have settled they were just going to send us all a check for our investments. Whole shit stinks and I have no recourse, except to pay taxes on the incoming check and just suck it). I sought professional financial advise.

The advise from both companies was that we should just re-invest (into a pre-tax account) the proceeds from the sold out company and refinance our mortgage at a lower rate and just set my newly gained Social Security Administration payments aside to help pay off the loan in record time. Kind of makes sense to me.

We will finish this whole thing up this coming week. I hope.  Well, next year I will be sent another check for the remainder of my investment, plus any possible gain (probably will be a loss - about one hundred sixty thousand in net after a similar decrease - compared to the last reduction.)

I thought I was going to retire and give myself a raise. Well it is more complicated than that.

Except for all the losses while the company sold itself, I think I am still OK. My financial advisers tell me that we are doing great and one guy said I wish I had so much on the ball.
Assuming that neither of us gets hurt at work or that my wife's company does not choose to go on strike this year (the contract is in negotiation this year and it is looking scary.) we "might" be OK.

:hair:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:16:14 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10658 on: May 19, 2018, 03:28:12 PM »
Damn. Can you sue the fuckers?

Either way, after you've got whatever you can out of them, I hope their business premises burn down in the middle of the night (at least that way nobody dies) before they sell, and they go bankrupt. Twats.

I hope things go as well as can be for you DD. *sending well-wishes for you and your wife*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10659 on: May 19, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »
Damn. Can you sue the fuckers?

Either way, after you've got whatever you can out of them, I hope their business premises burn down in the middle of the night (at least that way nobody dies) before they sell, and they go bankrupt. Twats.

I hope things go as well as can be for you DD. *sending well-wishes for you and your wife*
Thanks, pal, but do not worry. I do not have all my eggs in one basket. That was just what I earned from my fourteen years as a professional portrait photographer.

Trust me, except for this bit of investment, I should never had the audacity to point my camera at a human. I had much more fun taking three hours to set up  shot at a river fall with a large format camera and taking a one hour long exposure to make it all look like gas instead of liquid. Even the tourists who came by, goofed about and drifted off were invisible in my shots.

.. or something similar.

I will be fine, eventually.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10660 on: May 19, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »
Still...no way you can extract some blood from those little bastards? (metaphorically speaking...well mostly at least...somewhat...to a degree metaphorical, sort of....a bit anyway :autism:)

I'm thinking...fuck I'm about to take a bit more methadone, because my neck is MURDER right now. And I don't want to use any of the dihydrocodeine tablets I was scripted at the hospital. Those have...a different purpose to their existence. over a gram and a half of DHC....plus the stuff needing extraction from 7.4 (IIRC) mg DHC to 500 paracetamol. And plenty of them. It mounts up anyhow. Besides, I'd need a bloody ton of DHC to do much given I'm a chronic pain patient. So, 60mg methadone, intramuscularly will do just the trick.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10661 on: May 20, 2018, 08:11:21 AM »
I reckon one day you gonna go pop. The question is, who is going down with you or will it be just yourself?

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10662 on: May 20, 2018, 04:06:18 PM »
Pretty much what I'm thinking since the Florida incident:

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10663 on: May 20, 2018, 07:41:22 PM »

Meh. My doctor told me not to do anything illegal on the internet. Thank god trolling doesn't count as terrorism otherwise I'd have to not give a fuck like normal.

Murderers are heroes for saving themselves from you, I wish I could say the same for the rest of the mental spectrum. You ether help yourself or hate yourself, your choice.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10664 on: May 20, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »

Coffee.

It didn't. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein