Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 202726 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9540 on: March 06, 2017, 06:35:13 AM »
  Trash day is going to be great!  So much clutter is leaving the apartment!  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9541 on: March 06, 2017, 01:53:31 PM »
Thinking we had a great family time, yesterday.

My eighteen year old son only wanted ONE thing for his birthday (a week ago); a trip to "The Children's Museum" down in Indianapolis.  We had to schedule the trip, but yesterday it came together,  Obviously they have amazing interactive things for kids but also, MUCH of interest for the adults as well. 

Some photos I took:

A three story tall Transformer,  a "real"  casting of a duckbill dinosaur, a five foot long bronze of the "old school" look of T-rex and the head of a thirty foot long Chinese ceremonial dragon.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:16:40 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9542 on: March 06, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
More:

A carved wood head of an articulated joint snake-like dragon, a cut paper sculpture of a Chinese zodiac calendar detail, a basswood carved family protection amulet of a Chinese warrior and the REAL  Liberty Bell 7, lost at sea for over thirty years.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:09:15 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9543 on: March 06, 2017, 02:11:44 PM »
More:

First is The Real Thing, once used as a "push locomotive" to handle local hills too steep to use pull engines to climb or descend, Then three from the electric toy train collection which is massive and amazing. Most of these toy trains are from the thirties, but they have electric trains going back to the first ones invented.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:15:00 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9544 on: March 06, 2017, 02:59:58 PM »
The last for now:

Blown glass sculpture about four stories tall, couple of details of a real working carousel from the '30s, and of course the obligatory ten foot tall mastodon skeleton,  a "real" casting of a real fossil.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:02:57 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9545 on: March 06, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »
Nice photos, DirtDawg.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9546 on: March 06, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
Awesome photos DirtDawg and Parts
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9547 on: March 06, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »
I like the duckbill with the blue light, the wooden carvings, and the mastodon skeleton best.  :2thumbsup:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9548 on: March 06, 2017, 10:47:01 PM »
Awesome DD.   :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9549 on: March 07, 2017, 12:55:55 AM »
Great stuff, DD. +

You should get an extra + for Liberty Bell, really.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9550 on: March 07, 2017, 01:15:09 AM »

Glad everyone seems to enjoy the pics.

That cut paper sculpture included the entire calendar. I was just posting dragons for some reason. The detail is amazing.

Liberty Bell 7 is on temporary loan from its home museum. We were really lucky to get to stand five feet from it allowing the awe to wash over us.
It " lives"  at a place called the Cosmosphere in Kansas.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9551 on: March 07, 2017, 03:20:19 AM »
Awesome DD. Does your son still make amazing 3D stuff from paper?

Congrats on your son. They grow up fast don't they?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9552 on: March 07, 2017, 08:35:14 AM »
Awesome DD. Does your son still make amazing 3D stuff from paper?

Congrats on your son. They grow up fast don't they?

He does, but he is into tanks right now. He hasn't perfected those yet.

Last time he became obsessed with folding paper things, he was sort into guns and made a paper revolver that would actually open the cylinder. Then he made a double barrel shotgun that would actually break front and he had little shot shells for ammo he could load.

These are not perfect origami, because he does use tape in places to make the movements work better.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9553 on: March 07, 2017, 08:44:36 AM »
  All great pictures.  I am partial to giant skeletons myself.  :dino2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9554 on: March 07, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »
Top pic reminds me of the mech in one of the alien films, near the end, either alien III or alien resurrection, can't remember which, when ripley climbs into that big mecha suit and goes toe to toe slugging it out with the alien queen before getting the queen sucked out into space.

Me...I'm doing some reading up on the legal codes, deadly boring at best, but needed so I can sock it to the filth, give those shit-eating svinya a taste of their own medicine. I'd say 'kick their arses' but I wouldn't wish to accidentally sully any mouldering dog shit if ever I've stepped in any recently. Found some useful background too from their previous harassment of me, where the pig refused to give identification when ID was demanded of it, and a witnessed previous verbal admission that they were on a fishing expedition and had no probable cause. Which should be awfully useful when it comes to court (I haven't been charged with anything, but this is going to court one way or the other. In fact I'm planning on it. If those bastards don't take me to court, I'm sure as hell taking them. Fucking lying bastards and their illegal warrants, illegal entry, false imprisonment, neglect of duty of medical care, failing to provide food in custody, attempts to coerce a statement using denial of medical needs (which were available, I had everything I needed brought with me in terms of medication), murdering pets, theft, malicious damage to property, refusal to pay for the damage despite no charges or convictions...oh boy, I've been brewing this cauldron of fury up for years. And thats not even getting started. Coming dangerously close to burning my house down...nearly blinding me...Not letting these fucking whoresons get away with this shit.  human rights violations, I'm just seeing how much metaphorical ammo I can load up for when I stick it to the cunts; because its high time those donut-munching sacks of putrescent porcine excrement were put on a fucking leash. Preferably round their scrotums, whilst they are dangled by same over a pit of scorpions, in order to have them have to simply wait and swing, whilst said leash cuts off the blood flow to their balls, what little they have, if any, and their dick rots off from gangrene, resulting in their abrupt descent into aforementioned scorpion-pit. None of those quick-killing venom packing ones either. Hemiscorpius lepturus would be perfect, with its not neurotoxicity-focused, slow, cruel flesh-flaying necrotic cytotoxic venom (its effects are more in line with recluse spider or rattlesnake/other viper venom than other scorpions and in a sense, skins its victims alive, causing their skin and muscle to become necrotic and dissolve/rot away. Very, very unusual, almost unique amongst scorpions)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.