Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201405 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9480 on: February 13, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »
Sounds pretty shady and more risk than it's worth.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9481 on: February 13, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
I'm a little suspicious.  $20 per view?  How much does each view cost the subscriber?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9482 on: February 13, 2017, 01:20:26 PM »
Wondering if the Trump supporters regret their choice yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9483 on: February 13, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »
I don't know much about youtube advertising. The chemist that runs it is pretty highly respected though on the forum through which the offer came. And there is in essence, nothing to lose. Since I'd be doing things I'd be doing anyway, and they specify quite explicitly, no illegal compounds, and is pretty tight about precursors to same too.

Their channel is large, and they don't mind me not showing my face either. I think I'd insist, on the money going to a prepaid credit card too. Isolable from any other funding I have anywhere, or  being paid in bitcoins or another such cryptocurrency.

I have to confess, so to speak, that I am pretty cagey about showing my face. That, I'm not about to do. But hood and gas mask along with goggles, blast-shield etc covering my face and the entire of the rest of my head. Any other identifiable clothing not worn etc. That and the fact that they demanded from the beginning nothing illegal, non-negotiable on that point not that I was going to try. And the fact that if its something I would be doing already, anyway, and thus spending nothing that was not already earmarked to be spent on that selfsame thing, even if it falls through completely, I still don't actually make any material loss no matter what happens or how badly. There is of course the theoretical risk of being melted alive by something, but again, if I'm, already to be working with something that would happily eat your face off given half a micron of extra leash then what do I stand to lose?

At the very worst, them nicking the videos, not crediting me and claiming it as their own work, without paying for it, then at the very least, in a sense, I still gain, by the fact that the work would help teach other up and coming hobbyist and/or clandestine chemists, biohackers and similar tech-punk-ish breeds. Most of who'm just gotta be autistic or pretty close to being on the spectrum in some description....I reckon a fair dash of short-bus genes is in the job description for your average DIY alchemist-sort. The kind that would be happier amongst boiling cauldrons of acid than being waited on hand and foot in a royal palace, we really can't be anything else but with at least a dash of spazz. No? although I don't think this particular individual is likely to fuck me over, because they have a large channel, a long history of it, and a name for themselves. And money coming in because of it, to them. That isn't something that people are logically likely to be inclined to piss away on a whim for something that would vanish in a heartbeat and next be found in the forums heaping opprobrium upon them and howling curses at their good (very good in fact, if its who I am pretty sure I remember it is, and where they are) name. A lot to lose, is what I mean, for very little benefit, and if I was made a victim in such a manner, loses little or makes a slight gain, and would by even a false accusation, not that I am the type to do that to anyone, be capable of doing them immense damage or ruining them outright. To do that falsely of course I'd have to be a malicious bastard and then some. But if treated like shit in such a way myself, I'd be as quick as a snake to turn on them and bite them. Only thing is, if I stab them, I'll stab them in the front, not the back. But I'd certainly poison the blade and twist it in the metaphorical dagger-wound and give 'em a thorough kick in the face as I left. 
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9484 on: February 13, 2017, 09:19:08 PM »
  Thinking about Al Jarreau.  Rest in peace.  :notes:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9485 on: February 14, 2017, 07:11:49 AM »
Thinking about breakfast and what its going to be. I've the options mainly of a curry and beer. Or a bowl (as many as can  be had from a big box of) rice crispies served with chocolate milk (believe it or not, I for some reason prefer using thick, proper chocolate milkshake on rice crispies to eating cocoa pops. Plus a crate of fosters lager to accompany either breakfast option. Not having the whole crate mind you. Well yes, I am, but not now/at the same time. But I am going to have a couple of cold ones because I woke up very thirsty indeed and few things quench a real big mean bugger of a thirsting like a nice chilly beer. Orange jelly pots and a cold one.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9486 on: February 14, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
I don't ever want to go anywhere near Oxford Street again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9487 on: February 14, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »
I'm slightly drunk.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9488 on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:51 PM »
I wish I could remember what I wanted to post here.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9489 on: February 14, 2017, 09:10:09 PM »
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9490 on: February 15, 2017, 09:37:01 AM »
  I think I will go to the supermarket in a little while.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9491 on: February 15, 2017, 04:13:26 PM »
Never heard of you being drunk before, 'raxy

Do you mind if I join you m'dear? got a fridge full of cold beer right now.
*crushes up a nitrazepam pill and adds it to his beer, then proffers the packet*

:popcorn: We need an emote like this but for a couple of pint glasses and a crate rather than popcorn. Would offer some food, too, as long as you like granola cereal or rice pudding or pot noodles. Oh, or rice crispies, or a can of baked beans in tomato sauce because thats pretty much what I've got left, bread and either peanut butter or marmite nothwithstanding :P)

So the chow variety is pretty limited. But definitely got beer. What are you drinking this fine evening yr'raxyness, ma'am?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:18:22 PM by Lestat »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9492 on: February 15, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
I don't ever want to go anywhere near Oxford Street again.
Why, what's there?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9493 on: February 15, 2017, 07:39:35 PM »
:popcorn: We need an emote like this but for a couple of pint glasses and a crate rather than popcorn. Would offer some food, too, as long as you like granola cereal or rice pudding or pot noodles. Oh, or rice crispies, or a can of baked beans in tomato sauce because thats pretty much what I've got left, bread and either peanut butter or marmite nothwithstanding :P)

So the chow variety is pretty limited. But definitely got beer. What are you drinking this fine evening yr'raxyness, ma'am?

Sadly it's worn off by now, but I'm happy you've got GF snacks, rice pudding and rice crispies sounds good. I was having berry ale.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9494 on: February 15, 2017, 08:07:01 PM »
I'm going to have some more blackberry wine tonight.