Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9360 on: January 20, 2017, 04:17:38 PM »
Well, this is interesting. Yesterday when Chris wasn't talking very much, after he had told me he couldn't afford a date...I got pissed off and didn't respond, and put for my status, "I AM A QUEEN, AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH". I was pissed off and mostly serious, I sometimes put my anger on Facebook and it appears funny (on purpose, while getting away with saying how I feel), and a few people Liked it.

Anyway, tonight I've just got a video from Chris, with him and a parrot on his shoulder, saying, "I am a serious person and I deserve to be taken seriously". It was jokey with a funny expression, but I think there was a serious message behind it.
:dog:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9361 on: January 20, 2017, 05:39:44 PM »
No money for a date?  A cup of coffee on a park bench and a stroll is quite acceptable in my book. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9362 on: January 20, 2017, 05:55:34 PM »
He was saying he couldn't afford the bus fare. He was fired last week too for being too slow. But, it's been over a month and the time he said he could date me is past. How can I take him seriously? I haven't even responded.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9363 on: January 20, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »
Wait, he didn't say he couldn't afford the bus fare. Just scrolled back in conversation.

But still, he had over a month to save.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9364 on: January 20, 2017, 07:07:12 PM »
Remove his money problems from the equation. Offer to pay for the date and return bus fare. If there's still a problem, then there it is.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9365 on: January 21, 2017, 07:14:48 AM »
I dunno, in my experience the decent men insist on paying at least for themselves. And I don't think any selfless man would let a woman pay for him.

I ended up speaking to him last night, because it's not me to ignore people for longer unless they've seriously pissed me off. He said he was "in quite serious debt". :/ It doesn't look good.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9366 on: January 21, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »
Waiting until it's dark again, so I can go and collect my post. Else I might bump into horrible neighbour or her daughter. :( The last time I saw her daughter, she gave me an evil glare and wouldn't take her eyes off me. I wish they were both dead.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9367 on: January 21, 2017, 04:34:15 PM »
I dunno, in my experience the decent men insist on paying at least for themselves. And I don't think any selfless man would let a woman pay for him.

I ended up speaking to him last night, because it's not me to ignore people for longer unless they've seriously pissed me off. He said he was "in quite serious debt". :/ It doesn't look good.
Previous post seem to imply doubts if he's avoiding a date because of money or using money as an excuse. Money can be removed from the equation to test that question in multiple ways which have been suggested. Dating a broke person probably means paying or playing host. If being broke makes him undateable then there's not much more to say.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9368 on: January 21, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »

Previous post seem to imply doubts if he's avoiding a date because of money or using money as an excuse. Money can be removed from the equation to test that question in multiple ways which have been suggested. Dating a broke person probably means paying or playing host. If being broke makes him undateable then there's not much more to say.

You're right. I didn't see it.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9369 on: January 21, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »
Unfreakin' believable...Carla and I got our new passports today... a mere 3 weeks after we sent the papers and photo's out.  Govt' bureaucracy works in strange and mysterious ways!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9370 on: January 21, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »
Go buy a lottery ticket, quick!
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9371 on: January 22, 2017, 03:33:40 AM »

Fuck the whole idea about men having to pay for a date. Emancipation/feminism/equalitarianism still has work to do. Women can pay for a date just as well. Thinking men should do the paying is almost saying men should earn more, because they have to feed their woman.

Dating someone who has a habit of getting in serious debt is something else though.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9372 on: January 22, 2017, 06:11:43 AM »

Fuck the whole idea about men having to pay for a date. Emancipation/feminism/equalitarianism still has work to do. Women can pay for a date just as well. Thinking men should do the paying is almost saying men should earn more, because they have to feed their woman.

Dating someone who has a habit of getting in serious debt is something else though.

Yeh, I understand. It looks like I'm targeting men in particular for having to pay, like I expect it of them. My POV is, I've known women who ended up paying the bill every time, and making the effort to see the men rather than vice versa, and in every single case the man has acted up around them and pushed them around, and asked ridiculous tasks of them.

I'm saying, decent men wouldn't expect the women to pay for them, maybe their half.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:13:22 AM by justcurious »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9373 on: January 22, 2017, 06:17:59 AM »
Unfreakin' believable...Carla and I got our new passports today... a mere 3 weeks after we sent the papers and photo's out.  Govt' bureaucracy works in strange and mysterious ways!   8)

Now you can travel freely and have adventures!  :eiffel: :green:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9374 on: January 22, 2017, 09:21:40 AM »
Go buy a lottery ticket, quick!

We did, won all of 2 dollars!    :laugh:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant