Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9345 on: January 06, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »
Urgh, don't like sweet coffee. Love bacon, and sour cream and onion crisps.

I don't add any sugar to the French Vanilla mix or my regular coffee.  However, my hot tea must be sweetened. Love bacon only if it's "limp" and agree on the crisps.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9346 on: January 07, 2017, 01:37:00 AM »
I have been adding Stevia to my hot drinks. Doesn't taste as good as sugar.

I have to start cleaning the house, we have an inspection on Tuesday afternoon. Going to start by cleaning marks off walls, light switches and doors.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9347 on: January 07, 2017, 02:07:45 AM »
Thinking about dogs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9348 on: January 11, 2017, 04:58:58 AM »
What do you mean renneh?  It isn't like I have much of a choice. Like right now I'm down to scrounging the last few scraps of edible things from the house for the rest of a week at least. Possibly two. Just made a pot noodle, after that it will be porridge, porridge, porridge or porridge. Or I could have porridge with some porridge in it.

Although in fairness at least there is butter to go in it, salt and some golden syrup to melt over the top of my porridge with extra porridge.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9349 on: January 11, 2017, 05:21:29 AM »
You're the type who is already thin and really shouldn't lose more weight. Eating should be important to you, but that is just my opinion.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9350 on: January 11, 2017, 05:24:04 AM »
It is, ren. Well. I don't have much of a sense of hunger any more. It has to get pretty far before I'm able to feel hunger, I suspect its connected to whatever neurological, neuroendocrine, endocrinological fuckabout is giving me grief these days. But at the moment its got passed that  threshold and I am starving hungry. Only problem is there isn't really anything to eat.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9351 on: January 11, 2017, 05:31:11 AM »
Do you have any place nearby for people on the disability and other pensions (as well as homeless people) where you could get something to eat? Two weeks without food doesn't sound like much fun. :-\
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9352 on: January 11, 2017, 06:24:54 AM »
Do you have any place nearby for people on the disability and other pensions (as well as homeless people) where you could get something to eat? Two weeks without food doesn't sound like much fun. :-\

Where I live we have a soup kitchen and community food pantries.  Do they have them in UK?  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9353 on: January 11, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »
^ Yep. Well, there's places in London that serve hot food to the poor, or anyone who asks. There are also food banks, which apparently are in great demand at the moment.

I think I'm in ketosis. I didn't expect it.
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9354 on: January 11, 2017, 01:01:50 PM »
They do have food banks. Thanks for giving me the idea, should have thought of that, since once before in the past, I've gone and gotten a food parcel from one via citizens advice bureau.

I'll have to check them tomorrow I think, see what I can get done, as there is quite simply, almost no food, at least, not things I can manage to force myself to eat without throwing up. And what little there is repulsive items of that nature are not mine to eat anyway even if I could hold them down afterwards.

TY ren, CBC. Because I am so fucking hungry right now. I can get by until tomorrow on a bowl or two of porridge and candy without dropping dead of course, but still, I need something that will sustain rather than melt away in moments.

Otherwise thinking about what I am going to do to test the modified lab stirplate. A magnetic stirbar obviously.  think I'll use the impure, wet chloroform from a haloform reaction done some. In many ways, the stuff will be the perfect testto put the new mag stirrer  repair hack through having a goodly diference betwewn boiling points, the other layers being aqueous, and also, chloroform being much much heavier than water and additionally CHCl3 isn't flammable, can release dangerously toxic fumes if actually burns by fire or direct heat enough t o                                                                                      d                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9355 on: January 19, 2017, 11:16:18 AM »
Dieting next week. Have allowed myself to eat like a pig this week.

I hated telling my new social worker my problems. :( "Hey, I'm a retard and I'm messed up and this is precisely why".

Still, the social skills lady even said to me my social skills were advanced. I still don't know whether to believe her, though from the +100 aspies I've met, I'd say my social skills were pretty good. I can read other people anyway, even if I put my foot in it verbally sometimes. I read enough books on body language anyway.

I'm in the sort of mood where I'd want to kiss any cute guy.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:40:34 AM by justcurious »

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9356 on: January 19, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
Dear me, Stop TALKING to him.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9357 on: January 20, 2017, 12:29:21 AM »
That cup just saved you lot. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9358 on: January 20, 2017, 05:17:30 AM »
I hated telling my new social worker my problems. :( "Hey, I'm a retard and I'm messed up and this is precisely why".

Still, the social skills lady even said to me my social skills were advanced. I still don't know whether to believe her, though from the +100 aspies I've met, I'd say my social skills were pretty good. I can read other people anyway, even if I put my foot in it verbally sometimes. I read enough books on body language anyway.

The knowing why is a big thing in your favor.  8)

My own social skills have advanced considerably over the decades, with a lot of help
   from my reading materials (as a teenager I used to look at psychology textbooks),
   and I spend a lot of time trying to figure people out.  All the time I've spent posting
   on internet fora has also taught me nuances of social interaction.  Everything helps.  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9359 on: January 20, 2017, 07:12:09 AM »

The knowing why is a big thing in your favor.  8)

My own social skills have advanced considerably over the decades, with a lot of help
   from my reading materials (as a teenager I used to look at psychology textbooks),
   and I spend a lot of time trying to figure people out.  All the time I've spent posting
   on internet fora has also taught me nuances of social interaction.  Everything helps.  :thumbup:

Yeh. :) The knowing why is how you learn anything at all about yourself. I'm just admitting that though I'm always frustrated at other people who don't try to solve their problems, I have my own problems I also need to face, and it's still hard work. I'm glad your social skills have advanced, they're extremely useful in everyday life, and for longterm decisions. It takes an incredible amount of effort, and psychology books in general are really long-winded to have to go through. I'm still grateful to Jack who helped me out with that meeting I had, the techniques worked incredibly well, the social worker got me after that, though it helped that I clarified other things too, but she understood where I was coming from. I mean, I can read peoples' body language and hers was very positive.

I think at least with talking to people, your social skills are more advanced than mine. Not that it takes much. :P