Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201386 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #8175 on: October 20, 2015, 09:01:51 AM »
Thinking about the election today. Hoping our current Prime Minster is ousted when the results come in tonight.

:party: :party: :party:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8176 on: October 20, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »
Thinking about the election today. Hoping our current Prime Minster is ousted when the results come in tonight.

Indeed. It feels different in Canada today. We were desperate for a changing of the guard, so to speak. Now to see what comes of it.

I'm also keeping an eye on the US election. I have a feeling something drastic will happen. It feels like the political system there is very broken at the moment and will self destruct before it's put back together again. There is some scary business going on with the Republicans.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8177 on: October 22, 2015, 09:22:16 AM »

Indeed. It feels different in Canada today. We were desperate for a changing of the guard, so to speak. Now to see what comes of it.

I'm also keeping an eye on the US election. I have a feeling something drastic will happen. It feels like the political system there is very broken at the moment and will self destruct before it's put back together again. There is some scary business going on with the Republicans.

I don't think a one of them can pull more than 28 percent in the general election.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8178 on: October 22, 2015, 06:30:15 PM »

I don't think a one of them can pull more than 28 percent in the general election.
When do you vote?

Currently wondering if I'll sleep through the night. I hope so. Last night I kept waking up every 2 hours because I was worried I would sleep through my alarm :P
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8179 on: October 23, 2015, 01:18:21 PM »

When do you vote?

Currently wondering if I'll sleep through the night. I hope so. Last night I kept waking up every 2 hours because I was worried I would sleep through my alarm :P

November 8, 2016.

Only 54 weeks, 3 days away  :GA:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8180 on: October 23, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »

When do you vote?

November 8, 2016.

Holy Hannah! And I thought a 78 day election was bad!  :o
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8181 on: October 23, 2015, 03:20:19 PM »

When do you vote?

November 8, 2016.

Holy Hannah! And I thought a 78 day election was bad!  :o

And it's been going on for months already.  We have national elections every two years, presidential every four, and presidential candidates now start running as soon as the mid-term elections are over.  A full two years in advance.  If you have ever wondered just what it is that makes the US so fucked up, this is it.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8182 on: October 23, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »
A politician from when I was a small kid died yesterday.
It made me think about elections when I was little.

It was about party programs and not about persons.
The election-pamphlets showed party logos or other illustrations, not the people on top of the list.
It made the elections less hectic, cleaner, and it brought more creativity in the billboard posters.

That's what I was thinking, this morning. And reading this thread, I thought it again.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8183 on: October 24, 2015, 03:58:06 AM »
I really should take a shower now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8184 on: October 25, 2015, 03:33:06 AM »
 :hitler:

The resident bigot seems to have fled the board.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8185 on: October 25, 2015, 06:49:23 AM »
Thinking about a village not far from where I live. There's a boy there who has been battling cancer for 5 years. He will die before Christmas, but Christmas was his favourite season. So his family asked the village if people would mind putting up their Christmas lights in October.  The village not only did that, they held an entire Christmas parade for Evan, covered his yard in snow. The whole village rallied around "One Last Christmas."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/st-george-christmas-early-1.3287261
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8186 on: October 25, 2015, 12:55:04 PM »
:hitler:

The resident bigot seems to have fled the board.

:bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8187 on: October 26, 2015, 01:08:39 AM »
Wondering if he is coming back.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8188 on: October 26, 2015, 08:41:48 AM »
Wondering if my books will arrive this week  :nerdy:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8189 on: October 26, 2015, 08:52:39 AM »
What next step to make, in tornado clearing my house?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!