Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 202297 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #8100 on: September 29, 2015, 11:11:04 PM »
Thinking I want to go back to bed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8101 on: September 30, 2015, 06:02:42 AM »
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing he's thinking.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #8102 on: October 01, 2015, 11:04:10 AM »
Fuck my life

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8103 on: October 01, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8104 on: October 01, 2015, 04:12:30 PM »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8105 on: October 01, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
Ughghghghgh
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8106 on: October 02, 2015, 12:28:00 AM »
We still love you, Hubert. :eyelash:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8107 on: October 02, 2015, 07:07:25 AM »
Thinking about yet another mass school shooting in the US. Parenting shouldn't have to worry about their kids dying just because they sent them to school.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8108 on: October 02, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
I should have said patronus
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8109 on: October 02, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
Thinking about yet another mass school shooting in the US. Parenting shouldn't have to worry about their kids dying just because they sent them to school.

Kid is in a partial program this year instead of cyber schooling. Part of the program is group therapy.

You would be surprised how many kids in his program have admitted to thinking about it...either because they were being teased by other kids or because they just couldn't keep up with the work and pressure to maintain there grades at home.

Obama's "no child left behind" bullshit and the state mandated testing has done nothing but increase the local dropout rates and produce teachers that no longer give a shit because they are racing to keep up the pace that the state now sets for these kids.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8110 on: October 02, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »

Kid is in a partial program this year instead of cyber schooling. Part of the program is group therapy.

You would be surprised how many kids in his program have admitted to thinking about it...either because they were being teased by other kids or because they just couldn't keep up with the work and pressure to maintain there grades at home.

Obama's "no child left behind" bullshit and the state mandated testing has done nothing but increase the local dropout rates and produce teachers that no longer give a shit because they are racing to keep up the pace that the state now sets for these kids.
Actually it doesn't surprise me at all and that makes me sad.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8111 on: October 02, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »

I am actually thinking about how awesome I can make Halloween for the kids who "dare" to approach my house this year.

Older kids are used to my massive trash bag spider I make every year (full bag for the abdomen and a half stuffed one for the cephalothorax with huge bent sticks for fangs, these little stupid electric candles you can buy for the eyes)  stuffed with leaves, sticks covered with trash bags for six foot legs (the length of a trash bag split and folded out then twisted around a limb or two or eight as it should be)

Last year I had a two hour audio disc of Halloweeny sounding screams, howls, chains rattling, tortured souls, ugly noises, etc. MP3s set to play outside through some of my "old, but you will not ever find anything new that is better in any way" JBL loaded speaker cab. Only problem was that it turned out stormy and I did not want to take my very valuable vintage gear out into a storm AND I did not have a back up plan.

This year, I am going to start with my back up plan. Instead of endangering my vintage gear, I am going to use some old car stereo stuff (honestly, which kid will know that I was not using my top grade gear to be freaky.) and set up before dark and rock out some ghoulish noise for a couple of hours.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8112 on: October 02, 2015, 08:43:20 PM »

I am actually thinking about how awesome I can make Halloween for the kids who "dare" to approach my house this year.

Older kids are used to my massive trash bag spider I make every year (full bag for the abdomen and a half stuffed one for the cephalothorax with huge bent sticks for fangs, these little stupid electric candles you can buy for the eyes)  stuffed with leaves, sticks covered with trash bags for six foot legs (the length of a trash bag split and folded out then twisted around a limb or two or eight as it should be)

Last year I had a two hour audio disc of Halloweeny sounding screams, howls, chains rattling, tortured souls, ugly noises, etc. MP3s set to play outside through some of my "old, but you will not ever find anything new that is better in any way" JBL loaded speaker cab. Only problem was that it turned out stormy and I did not want to take my very valuable vintage gear out into a storm AND I did not have a back up plan.

This year, I am going to start with my back up plan. Instead of endangering my vintage gear, I am going to use some old car stereo stuff (honestly, which kid will know that I was not using my top grade gear to be freaky.) and set up before dark and rock out some ghoulish noise for a couple of hours.

I'm too far outside of town...no trick or treaters. I miss that. I want to try some of those ghosts though with packing tape and trash bags.

http://makezine.com/2014/10/03/how-to-packing-tape-ghost-sculptures/

...and I love this.

Supposed to be made of a fake skeleton draped with mop string dipped in monster mud.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8113 on: October 02, 2015, 10:33:59 PM »

That looks fucking awesome!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8114 on: October 03, 2015, 12:15:57 AM »
...and I love this.
Me too. Reminds of scarecrows made by pumpkinrot. http://pumpkinrot.com/pages/Page16.htm