Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #7575 on: February 21, 2015, 02:44:29 AM »
I love what the world looks like from a plane.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7576 on: February 21, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »
I love what the world looks like from a plane.
Me too.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7577 on: February 21, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
7am is not an appropriate time to be going to bed. Must change it. Why is this routine so hard to get out of.

Because the world is a peaceful, beautiful place sometimes when everyone else is sleeping.

This is true. I have always seemed to have more energy from the afternoon onwards as well.

i agree with all this :)

still, 7.am rise is a damned sight more convenient for many purposes  :LOL:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7578 on: February 21, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
Because we're all just bundles of electrical impulses in a massive machine?
I'm not sure. From space society looks like synapses in the brain and that doesn't bother me. From a plane it looks like circuit boards.

hmm, a wild guess:  you have no expertise in electronics? but you do have a vague idea how to use a brain.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7579 on: February 21, 2015, 03:22:45 PM »
Because we're all just bundles of electrical impulses in a massive machine?
I'm not sure. From space society looks like synapses in the brain and that doesn't bother me. From a plane it looks like circuit boards.

hmm, a wild guess:  you have no expertise in electronics? but you do have a vague idea how to use a brain.

My lack of any expert level knowledge on how either operate is probably fairly equal. A long time ago I had the inescapable notion of residing inside a fractal, so I don't find it coincidental that there are similarities in the appearances of conceptual images of the sub-atomic and atomic, microscopic, macroscopic, up to things too gargantuan for me to see without the aide of Hubble, and I think those perceptions are all relative to size and distance. They're also very natural, so Pyraxis' summation about my unnatural fractal placement within a machine was probably closer to the truth.  :-\
:gopher:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7580 on: February 21, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »
Having bored myself silly, ascertaining there's nothing worth watching on TV , and having berated myself for thinking it might be otherwise on a Suturday night, I put BBC new on , accidentally left it running  a few minutes too long, and got given a totally unexpected choice between watching "Match of the Day" or...wait for it...pressing the red button and watching Mogwai in concert.

Woot! Now I finally know what that red button is for :) It's a good gig too. :)

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7581 on: February 21, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »
Having bored myself silly, ascertaining there's nothing worth watching on TV , and having berated myself for thinking it might be otherwise on a Suturday night, I put BBC new on , accidentally left it running  a few minutes too long, and got given a totally unexpected choice between watching "Match of the Day" or...wait for it...pressing the red button and watching Mogwai in concert.

I tend to watch Casualty and The Voice, so those two keep me occupied, then onto Doctor Who.
I am sure I watch far too much mindless television and should be force feeding myself something more educational.  :lol1:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7582 on: February 21, 2015, 04:45:59 PM »
my unnatural fractal placement within a machine

Resistance is futile. :laugh:

Humans are almost unnatural to the planet in that respect.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7583 on: February 21, 2015, 04:49:35 PM »

I tend to watch Casualty and The Voice, so those two keep me occupied, then onto Doctor Who.
I am sure I watch far too much mindless television and should be force feeding myself something more educational.  :lol1:
yeah, but then you would spend all day chasing up links to fill in all the tiny little gaps in your knowledge  :green: (I do readthe rest of this board)
Me, i hardly ever watch the actual TV. That's why I'm still figuring out the remote control  :LOL:
(plus very poor visual memory doesn't help)

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7584 on: February 21, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »

yeah, but then you would spend all day chasing up links to fill in all the tiny little gaps in your knowledge  :green: (I do readthe rest of this board)
Me, i hardly ever watch the actual TV. That's why I'm still figuring out the remote control  :LOL:

Yah, it is funny, as a child and teen, I watched endless documentaries on history, archaeology and nature, and yet, where the hell has all that knowledge gone? I think it all gets pushed out as new information is shoved in. Some people are blessed with phenomenal memories, but not me, it seems. My attempt, as you know, to get myself back into history last night, was a bit of an epic fail  :lol1: But I can happily watch hours of documentaries on serial killers, forensics and criminal profiling... which simply leaves me feeling like some sort of sadistic freak, even if the crimes themselves repulse me. Hey Hum. 

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7585 on: February 21, 2015, 05:58:04 PM »

Yah, it is funny, as a child and teen, I watched endless documentaries on history, archaeology and nature, and yet, where the hell has all that knowledge gone? I think it all gets pushed out as new information is shoved in. Some people are blessed with phenomenal memories, but not me, it seems. My attempt, as you know, to get myself back into history last night, was a bit of an epic fail  :lol1: But I can happily watch hours of documentaries on serial killers, forensics and criminal profiling... which simply leaves me feeling like some sort of sadistic freak, even if the crimes themselves repulse me. Hey Hum.

You are a sadistic freak.

Go jump off a cliff .

(nah, didn't mean that, of course   Just a bit of black humour creeping in from some other thread)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7586 on: February 21, 2015, 06:10:23 PM »
What I'm thinking right now is:

do i plus people too often, or do others not plus  enough, or is the membership  board a bit small, or does it really matter a hill of beans anyway?   :apondering:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7587 on: February 21, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
And what I'm thinking right now is: when i want to plus the Gopher, should i plus Jack too, for letting the Gopher out?  :apondering:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7588 on: February 21, 2015, 06:17:07 PM »
And what I'm thinking right now is: i'm sure the Gopher jumped into this thread , soon as I typed the word Gopher  :apondering:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7589 on: February 21, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »
What I'm thinking right now is:

do i plus people too often, or do others not plus  enough, or is the membership  board a bit small, or does it really matter a hill of beans anyway?   :apondering:

I've seen the topic brought up a few times, and would have to conclude that the more people think and talk about it, the more uncomfortable and weird it gets.  :lol1:

And what I'm thinking right now is: when i want to plus the Gopher, should i plus Jack too, for letting the Gopher out?  :apondering:

Don't plus Jack or she'll get her panties in a twist.  :zoinks:
:gopher: