Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201383 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #7125 on: July 14, 2014, 05:45:56 AM »
Wondering where I can find comfrey in this neck of the woods.

The other day Monty Don showed me how to make a pure organic fertilizer (a liquid) with that plant. I already done it with stinging nettles.. which works well with plants that are in the growing phase.. but now I need a fertilizer that stimulates flowering/flowers to grow.

*starts making notes*

("
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7126 on: July 14, 2014, 08:36:48 AM »
Wondering where I can find comfrey in this neck of the woods.

The other day Monty Don showed me how to make a pure organic fertilizer (a liquid) with that plant. I already done it with stinging nettles.. which works well with plants that are in the growing phase.. but now I need a fertilizer that stimulates flowering/flowers to grow.

*starts making notes*

("

I had it in my garden, for a few years. Did not know it works well as a fertilizer. How do you have to prepare it for it to work?

Was just thinking I should make myself some brandnetelgier, because of some green lice liking some plants too much.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #7127 on: July 14, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »
^ The procedure is very simple.. and it's the same for comfrey as for the stingy nettle. Just stuff a bucket full with the plants (stem/stocks&leaves) and push down to make it quite compact. Fill the bucket with water.. most preferably rain water cos that's way better for plants than water out of the tap.. and store the bucket somewhere outside but in the shade. A month is long enough but a little longer is fine also.

Be aware that the comfrey/water mixture will become quite smelly.. quite nasty. Less so the nettle/water mix.

After said month you drain the brown-ish liquid through a sif and throw away the halfway decayed plant material. Collect the liquid in another bucket (or sutin').. and I store the stuff in bottles with a cap.

Oh, mind you.. one has to dilute the liquid! Do not use it undiluted! The ratio is about 20:1.. 20 parts water and 1 part of the ferti-liquid. I don't do the exact measurement myself but just pour a little splash in my full watering can and give that to my potted plants in the morning.

That's about it..

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #7128 on: July 14, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »
Your sig is bothering me.

It bothers other people, such as these members: :spaz: :GA: :autism: :tard:
And this member. :M

Here is everyone being bothered by Some_Bloke's signature: :M :spaz: :GA: :autism: :tard: :moomin:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7129 on: July 14, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »
^ The procedure is very simple.. and it's the same for comfrey as for the stingy nettle. Just stuff a bucket full with the plants (stem/stocks&leaves) and push down to make it quite compact. Fill the bucket with water.. most preferably rain water cos that's way better for plants than water out of the tap.. and store the bucket somewhere outside but in the shade. A month is long enough but a little longer is fine also.

Be aware that the comfrey/water mixture will become quite smelly.. quite nasty. Less so the nettle/water mix.

After said month you drain the brown-ish liquid through a sif and throw away the halfway decayed plant material. Collect the liquid in another bucket (or sutin').. and I store the stuff in bottles with a cap.

Oh, mind you.. one has to dilute the liquid! Do not use it undiluted! The ratio is about 20:1.. 20 parts water and 1 part of the ferti-liquid. I don't do the exact measurement myself but just pour a little splash in my full watering can and give that to my potted plants in the morning.

That's about it..

Think I'll have to find another way to treat the lice. My garden is small, three neighbours adjacent at close distance. Smeerwortel- of brandnetel-gier is niet waar ze op zitten te wachten. I already got asked if I was storing wiet, because of a scent in the shed. So the year after that, I asked my neighbour if she was growing wiet in the attic.

The houses in the row I live are well sound insulated, as long as windows are closed, but very bad when it comes to scent insulation.

'T zal wel spiritus en groene zeep worden.

Or boiled nettle brew, it is said to smell less, and be ready way faster.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7130 on: July 14, 2014, 04:11:29 PM »
Your sig is bothering me.

It bothers other people, such as these members: :spaz: :GA: :autism: :tard:
And this member. :M

Here is everyone being bothered by Some_Bloke's signature: :M :spaz: :GA: :autism: :tard: :moomin:

It doesn't bother me, but every time I see it I find myself sitting there and watching it awhile...it's kind of cool. :autism:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7131 on: July 14, 2014, 06:14:26 PM »
Doesn't really bother me either; have had signature blocked for quite some time.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7132 on: July 14, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »
  I'm thinking that with three episodes of Hoarders about to re-run, I ought to get some stuff done!   :arrr:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7133 on: July 14, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »
penis
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7134 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »
Hyke, you could douse the plants in a solution prepared from those E-cig nicotine refills, that should effectively exterminate the lice. Assuming the plants are not intended for eating.

Good tip with the comfrey, lutra, your right though, that stuff fucking stinks like ten tons of arse holes. I use the root of the plant sometimes as an add-on to my antiinflammatory NSAID spray, morphine, oxy and steroid shots that I take for my squirrely knee and hip joints/bursitis, although it can only be used externally, due to the presence of hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids, sort-of related to the liver-destroying nastiness found in ragwort and the groundsels. Nasty shit, if consumed they can fuck up the heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, cause cancer by buggering up DNA and worse besides, although absorbed very slightly through the skin, its only after the N-oxides of the toxic principles undergo toxification within the GI tract that they become toxic, so topical use of comfrey and the like should prove to be nontoxic.

Currently thinking 'jam filled cookies, yum!'
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7135 on: July 15, 2014, 03:02:47 AM »
Princess Leia outfits. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #7136 on: July 15, 2014, 06:05:52 AM »

Hopefully, you're not also thinking of Parts. :GA:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7137 on: July 15, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »

That'll cost ya.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #7138 on: July 16, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
This afternoon, out of the blue, my laptop broke down. The thing is fucked up badly now.. and I'm typing this on an old HP laptop that has been reliable but too slow and noisy for my liking since 7 years.

First the screen went bonkers with the Asus laptop and produced bad contemporary art with lots of horizontal lines and colours. Then the light went out completely.. and dead it is now.

In the dark, not certainly knowing what caused this, I think the machina got overheated today. I was merely shouting in the box here on I² when it happened.

Again I lost my library of nice music.. this sort of shite harms me.

I didn't do anything wrong.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7139 on: July 16, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
Again I lost my library of nice music.. this sort of shite harms me.
See about an external hard drive enclosure, Lutra; the old drive can be placed inside and files transferred to another computer. Some electronic stores also have tech services for pay, and will transfer data for about the same cost as buying an enclosure. Maybe a good idea to back up files on an external drive to prevent the need for transfer of that type.