Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126475 times)

P7PSP

Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #4575 on: March 13, 2013, 08:15:14 PM »
Always thought he got mad because people are asses and bring up his income.
I would like you to point to posts where mention of the source of his income did not relate directly to his proclamations that the state must go. I pointed out to him on one occasion that he is no Renato Curcio and that he appeared to have a conflict of interest in collecting money from the state every month and claiming to want to see his golden goose destroyed.

Here is a thread http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,17618.0.html where I brought up his source of income to illustrate his hypocrisy in stating that people should not be taxed if they had not personally agreed to the laws they are taxed under yet he is quite happy to collect the money anyway.

Please let me know if you consider me an ass for challenging his infantile worldview. I will be happy to discuss it with you.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4576 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »
That wasn't a personal attack; happen to like some of the asses here. Just have seen it put across as him not having the right to have his political views because of his income. Maybe not so infantile as idealistic. Attack the view, not the personal life.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4577 on: March 13, 2013, 08:37:39 PM »
I have seen him get angry and  emit flames, but this is not it, unless he has lost a bit of his superforce in this past year since I've seen him.

:(

I miss him, too.

Lit does have some lingering health issues. He may be avoiding forums due to that.

P7PSP

« Reply #4578 on: March 13, 2013, 08:44:43 PM »
That wasn't a personal attack; happen to like some of the asses here. Just have seen it put across as him not having the right to have his political views because of his income. Maybe not so infantile as idealistic. Attack the view, not the personal life.
I would be very interested to see where it was suggested or expressed that he should have his freedom of thought and expression squelched because of his income. What I have consistently seen was him taken to task for exactly the kind of hypocrisy he displayed in the thread I linked.

Bill Bennett laid himself open to the same charges of hypocrisy by writing http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Virtues-William-Bennett/dp/0684816660 along with a slew of other like minded tomes and all the while he was pissing away 1/4 million (admitted) dollars a year gambling.

As far as infantile versus idealistic goes If Frogs Had Wings They Wouldn't Bump Their Asses So Often.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4579 on: March 13, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »
That would most likely be my own impression, him presented as not having the right to his view; if you're calling me out for quotes it will have to be tomorrow. Don't even know if I could find one; though it inevitably comes up. As for the post you linked, it translated to: give up your income and be a beggar if that's what you think = ass like. This is my opinion, in a discussion of why lit left. I think he leaves because his income is attacked when he expresses his political views.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4580 on: March 13, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »
I have seen him get angry and  emit flames, but this is not it, unless he has lost a bit of his superforce in this past year since I've seen him.

:(

I miss him, too.

Lit does have some lingering health issues. He may be avoiding forums due to that.

Hopefully his butt just hurts.

P7PSP

« Reply #4581 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »
That would most likely be my own impression, him presented as not having the right to his view; if you're calling me out for quotes it will have to be tomorrow. Don't even know if I could find one; though it inevitably comes up. As for the post you linked, it translated to: give up your income and be a beggar if that's what you think = ass like. This is my opinion, in a discussion of why lit left. I think he leaves because his income is attacked when he expresses his political views.
If calling a hypocrite a hypocrite makes me an ass I will live with it.

Can you even discern why I consider him a hypocrite for claiming on the one hand that there should be no government or laws pertaining to anyone who does not voluntarily opt in to such, and on the other hand he lives on subsidies that the same government takes by coercion from others for his benefit?

Is the hypocrisy inherent in his posting that merde while availing himself of taxes extorted from others too subtle for you to recognize?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4582 on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:57 PM »
No, not so subtle to recognize. Though his discussions of politics might not turn into discussions of his personal hypocrisy if he had never revealed his personal life.

P7PSP

« Reply #4583 on: March 13, 2013, 10:20:43 PM »
No, not so subtle to recognize. Though his discussions of politics might not turn into discussions of his personal hypocrisy if he had never revealed his personal life.
Most people are not entirely consistent. I will overlook such inconsistencies that I deem to be of a minor nature or in the case of Loup Garou  I overlooked what I consider logical inconsistencies in her worldview for two reasons,
1. she simply stated them as her own and did not come in cock waving and confrontational and
2. she is an easy going non preachy person.

Lit on the other hand is both
1. preachy and
2. deliberately provocative.

Given that he is preachy and deliberately provocative* in his approach I don't feel the least bit like holding back when he posts pie in the sky shit that is completely contrary to how he lives his life. He wanted to preach that Lysander Spooner shit, I challenged him to walk the walk instead of taking the Do as I say not as I do route that he does.

*Example http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,10563.0.html
Lit is not some delicate flower and if he was he would not belong here anyway.

If you believe that Lit deserves protection from asses challenging his assertions you can make a poll thread in the voting booth section. Before going to such lengths you might want to peruse my protected classes poll. http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14881.0.html

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4584 on: March 13, 2013, 10:28:17 PM »
Lol. No, don't think Lit needs protection at all. Only stating a conclusion about why he might have left. Thinking maybe the word, asses, is being taken too seriously here. Call me a bitch; you'll feel better.

P7PSP

« Reply #4585 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
I don't actually feel like calling you a bitch Jack. I just felt like discussing that point with you.

:hug: <grope>

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4586 on: March 13, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
No worries. Can I still call you an ass?

P7PSP

« Reply #4587 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:41 PM »
 :thumbup:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4588 on: March 13, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »
:laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4589 on: March 14, 2013, 12:10:39 AM »
Always thought he got mad because people are asses and bring up his income.

What income?

I was lead to believe (by his own presentation) that he was totally subsisting on what ever dole he could work out.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.